May 1St: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

@DERebecca, concerning the glaive mechanics,

1 There seems to be a considerable loss of hit registration if the person equipped witha glaive is not the host of a game. I've experienced this as well as having other tell me about the same problem.

2 Bounce mechanic

a.) Against walls and other hard surface objects it performs as expected, however with enemies in a group hitting one at the front causes  a complete miss of an entire group usually. Whether this is intentional intentional functionality or just a by product of of the bounce mechanic, it would in my opinion be slightly more effective to pierce through at least on enemy and damge the one behind it. 

b.) Another example of how this weapon becomes in effective in a fight is when teamated are in front of you and block the glaive completely. It might be worth considering allowing the glaive to pass through friendlies.If one were to argue that it would be an unfair advantage, then any melee weapon that passes through another player in close proximity can also be considered "Unfair" as their weapns are also allowed to pass through players.

3 Charge attack/Throw Much like the Paris if the enemy is within close proximity to the origin of the throw it will be deflected, bouncing off the target and not registering any hit damage. The paris also has this problem within close proximity where if the end of the weapon is beyond the target,but the reticule is right over the target the shot/throw is deflected in a different direction.

Other than that i have to do some more runs with it to see what else i can find, just thought to add my 2cents worth in and help to improve it.

Oh last thing cosmetically i wish i could paint more parts of the glaive but thats really minor, just something like changing the blade colors even to personalize to players warframes a little more. :D

Just left a meeting where the "Glaive is bouncing off things that it should be breaking" was brought up. Mechanic review is on radar.

Attention all Gorgon advocates, this is a message I received last night from the Lead Designer:

2Y3kOYp.png

In summary, Gorgon is back on the radar! What this means for the gun is not certain, but having it back on the board is a start.

Attention all Gorgon advocates, this is a message I received last night from the Lead Designer:

2Y3kOYp.png

In summary, Gorgon is back on the radar! What this means for the gun is not certain, but having it back on the board is a start.

Oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man!

THANKS DE!!!

Glad to see the glaive is being looked at; it is a fun weapon but completely frustrating to use off-host.

Also it was mentioned last page, but I'll repeat it - please have a look at Loki's switch teleport. It has been very unreliable to use since the last update. This has nothing to do with balance or trolling, it simply isn't functioning correctly.

Thanks for the thread.

For the trinity lovers it would be great if we can have see ours friends health and shield on screen like what the mmo have when playing in party.

It's really annoying to press Z everytime to check their health bar and see Lotus big head blocking the view at the same time when she speaks .

The current app is, as Steve put it, a "stealth launch". DE is trying things out, so to speak. Should the Android app workout, an iOS app is a possibility. For now, don't hold your breath. iOS apps are a more costly endeavour than Android apps.

I doubt that cost was the factor.  Being an iOS dev is only $99 a year, and getting an app approved for the App Store is not that costly an endeavor either.  Programming for iOS is arguably easier than programming for Android also.

More likely, they started with Android first because it was totally free and they wouldn't have to be stuck in App Store hell for something that needed to be quick-turned for this fast moving beta!

2Y3kOYp.png

:O cant wait to see !

@Star_CRO: Well, you don't call the Lotus. She calls you.

Erm... Technically no, you're the one calling Lotus. She mentions in initial game exposition that "You're the one that chooses how she conects you with other Tenno" and i imagine that includes mission selection. In fact, the only time Lotus give you any kind of call is when you're waking up, and by those very first seconds she already attempts to strip you of any semblance of freedom you might have had. ("You don't seem to remember who you are, who cares? You're my slav... I mean, you're Tenno! I shall orde... I mean, I shall guide you!")

Anyways, bottom line, you're the one calling Lotus, because you don't got much of a choice, but at least you get to choose where and when you'll take her orders from!

@Star_CRO: Well, you don't call the Lotus. She calls you.

@CaligoIllioneus: I would not say psychic bolts is useless, though. Granted, you won't kill the higher level enemies out right but you do damage them a little. Also, they get stunned (bent over) for a couple seconds which allows you time to escape or charge attack or strun them in the face. Psychic bolts seem to hit 3 targets for me. I don't remember if it's like that from the start. I've upgraded it. Does it affect more targets with upgrades?

Also, I have to disagree that Mind Control is useless. You can target a heavy grineer or shockwave moa or something that can help you out. It not only takes the heavy out of the picture for a while but it also ties up the enemies around it. I think like Loki, you just need to find out what works and when, imho.

Oh sorry for the late answer.

I agree Mind Control is not useless, I use it all the time on the heavy units to dispose of them safely (I tend to use it more like a long stun). But Psychic Bolts...well you say yourself that you won't kill high level enemies, this alone means it is useless, because it costs 50 energy. So casting two Psychic Bolts to kill about two (high level) enemies at most is more cost-expensive than using one Chaos. Yes, upgrading it causes more bolts to spawn, I have it at max level, and it still kills at most one high level enemy if nearly all the projectiles target the same enemy.  As for the stagger... the problem is that it is not worth it because guns dispose of enemies really fast, so it's actually safer to shoot them. In your example, with a Strun, I'm always one or two-shotting enemies.

Reduced/Medium group of enemies:

Gun or Melee.

Large group of enemies:

Chaos, sometimes Absorb.

Single normal enemies or heavy units:

Gun/Melee for the first, Mind Control + Gun/Melee for the latter.

--

Psychic Bolts have no niche, unless you want to waste 50 energy to kill a single enemy that you could be shooting or meleeing instead.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

2Y3kOYp.png

Faith restored.  Thanks.

Yeah, however this will hopefully be 'fixed' with new higher tier skills that work as good replacements/support for gunfire. Personally I think they should be rank locked (WF rank, not personal) so that they are actually 'high level' skills. That way you can keep the cost of them similar to other skills but people won't just start using them as soon as they hit level 5 or something.

2Y3kOYp.png

Nice, love the screenshot, that would have been my reaction too.

2Y3kOYp.png

Faith in DE... Never lost to begin with, so can't exactly be restored, technically. So, i guess, reinforced?

Oh and re-do the energy system so that certain skills can be spammed (in a reasonable degree). Otherwise the only skills (high level or no) that will be used will be defensive ones or ones that are only helpful at very specific times. Like if a person wants to go around 'casting LIGHTNING BOLT!' instead of shooting things, that should be an option relatively tuned with gunplay. 

I think decreasing the cost of certain skills (and balancing the damage/area of effect they have) as well as making energy regen naturally/killing enemies gives energy would make the game feel more fast paced (for those who want it).

I suggest the wyrm/shade should be able to be viewed as an icon upon mission completion as the warframe, primary, secoundary, and melee icon, for the option of checking experience progress as the current optional icons has.

@DERebecca - Thanks for the updates. :)

I really like how you guys communicate with the community. Unlike the other F2P game I play, the reply is kind of sad. "This updates might not be your cup of tea" and still not after more than a year. Keep up the good work.