May 1St: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

@Star_CRO: Well, you don't call the Lotus. She calls you.

@CaligoIllioneus: I would not say psychic bolts is useless, though. Granted, you won't kill the higher level enemies out right but you do damage them a little. Also, they get stunned (bent over) for a couple seconds which allows you time to escape or charge attack or strun them in the face. Psychic bolts seem to hit 3 targets for me. I don't remember if it's like that from the start. I've upgraded it. Does it affect more targets with upgrades?

Also, I have to disagree that Mind Control is useless. You can target a heavy grineer or shockwave moa or something that can help you out. It not only takes the heavy out of the picture for a while but it also ties up the enemies around it. I think like Loki, you just need to find out what works and when, imho.

I don't intend to make any topics on it, really I never do anything but lurk these forums. But i have spent a lot of time in this game, recently acquired the parts for my last frame and most of the weapons. I must say that the inability to acquire what is quite likely the best primary weapon in the game, the braton vandal, leaves a bad taste. I would not mind if it were in any way possible, a stalker bp drop, alerts, platinum whatever. Even if you were to reward those that already have it with a special skin for it. It just annoys me that such a weapon is written off with the equivalent of "you didn't hear about this game soon enough, stop asking" and I would appreciate some good reasoning or an equivalent weapon currently available.

Admittedly, this is not going to make or break the game for me, or necessarily take any fun out of the game. I believe I'll still enjoy it for months or weeks to come. This is simply one of the decisions I do not agree with or see as justifiable.

I share your sentiment on this exactly, and I know the constantly nagging feeling this creates, but we have been told to basically shut up about it because they aren't going to do anything about it anyway...

Regarding the nyx issue: Psychic bolts is rightfully perceived as extremely weak later in the game because, as all active damage powers, it's scaling is horribly, horribly bad compared to your weapons. Fully leveled and with focus installed, all 5 bolts together do less damage then a single shotgun blast, and that with a casttime, no mobility and energy cost to boot. This combined with the fact that it uses the same resources (both loadout and energy) as actually useful abilities do make it a clear noobtrap.

Mind control suffers from a similar issue. Turning the strongest mob of the pack to your side *sounds* like it must be awesome, but in practice, just mowing down the entire pack is both faster and easier. The only occasion where controlling mobs is useful is in defense mission, but those throw so many mobs at you that opting for this over chaos is never a good idea.

That being said, nyx herself doesn't have any problems at all, as long as she has chaos. This power alone is so completely game defining in high end defense missions that I'd say it is hands down the single best power there is. People who cry that nyx needs a buff simply haven't played any difficult content at all.

Edited by Korevas

@DERebecca, concerning the glaive mechanics,

1 There seems to be a considerable loss of hit registration if the person equipped witha glaive is not the host of a game. I've experienced this as well as having other tell me about the same problem.

2 Bounce mechanic
   a.) Against walls and other hard surface objects it performs as expected, however with enemies in a group hitting one at the front causes  a complete miss of an entire group usually. Whether this is intentional intentional functionality or just a by product of of the bounce mechanic, it would in my opinion be slightly more effective to pierce through at least on enemy and damge the one behind it. 
   b.) Another example of how this weapon becomes in effective in a fight is when teamated are in front of you and block the glaive completely. It might be worth considering allowing the glaive to pass through friendlies.If one were to argue that it would be an unfair advantage, then any melee weapon that passes through another player in close proximity can also be considered "Unfair" as their weapns are also allowed to pass through players.

3 Charge attack/Throw Much like the Paris if the enemy is within close proximity to the origin of the throw it will be deflected, bouncing off the target and not registering any hit damage. The paris also has this problem within close proximity where if the end of the weapon is beyond the target,but the reticule is right over the target the shot/throw is deflected in a different direction.

Other than that i have to do some more runs with it to see what else i can find, just thought to add my 2cents worth in and help to improve it.

Oh last thing cosmetically i wish i could paint more parts of the glaive but thats really minor, just something like changing the blade colors even to personalize to players warframes a little more. :D

That is, not working?

Please look back into it, you just killed my favorite gun.

If you can get a good discussion going about it on the forums, preferably staying constructive and factual about it, you might be able to drum up some support and make a case for it being reviewed again.

I can't put into words how happy I am to see this topic. It's really very nice and comforting to know that developers ARE listening to their players. Keep up the good work, I guess the Founder's package was a good idea after all ^^

If you can get a good discussion going about it on the forums, preferably staying constructive and factual about it, you might be able to drum up some support and make a case for it being reviewed again.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35618-gorgon-accuracy-are-you-kidding-me/page-2#entry353522 This thread

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35595-lolwut-gorgon-nerf-update-790/ This thread (I'm sure there was some rational seed there)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37178-recent-nerfs/ this thread (yes, there's a plenty to read through, but it's a good read, I promice)

The current app is, as Steve put it, a "stealth launch". DE is trying things out, so to speak. Should the Android app workout, an iOS app is a possibility. For now, don't hold your breath. iOS apps are a more costly endeavour than Android apps.

I think about 70% of my posts are about Gorgon and Hek changes, and all my posts other than this one are in the weapon feedback forum. Regardless, here are my proposed fixes/changes, somewhat refined:

Shotguns:

First, revert Hek accuracy, interesting guns are interesting, generic guns are not. Never mind that Hek actually behaved like a real shotgun, rather than the ridiculous behaviour prevalent in games. This results in it being overly good for reasons other posters have mentioned, which I will sum up as high front-loaded damage so too good opportunity/cost per long ranged shot. There seems to be fairly vocal dissatisfaction wtih the other shotguns too (a thread about one of them being a feather-blower comes to mind) so this change is an attempt to address the shotguns as a weapon class, recognising the difficulty in balancing them against rifles in what are currently largely indoor tilesets.

Add a new metric to shotguns: distance based armour penetration (AP) decay. Rationale: shotguns have stupendously high AP from mods, so when the Hek could shoot long range, it could destroy too effectively. With range-scaling AP, shotguns are still the big daddies up close, but further away they do less damage, but in a way that is more rational and compensatable by the player than just missing a lot. This also leaves the opportunity for lucky/skillfull shots at midrange centred on critical locations with low armour, raising the skill-cap on the weapons.

To further differentiate between the shotguns, this distance-based decay formula could vary: an example I thought would be most consistant would be to give the Hek linear decay, the Strun sigmoidal decay and the Boar exponential decay. This would make the Boar the ultimate close in brawler, as is suggested by its rapid fire and decent magazine, the Strun a short to low-mid range shotgun and the Hek a shotgun capable of reaching a decent way out into midrange with careful aim, but actually inferior to the Boar (and possibly the Strun) at point blank / just beyond melee.

As a secondary idea separate to this and to make up for very weak ranged performance against armoured targets, it might be interesting to add a micro-stagger to shotguns when they are below a certain part of their AP falloff curve, just enough to interrupt firing of enemies, not movement, as a way of facilitating the player closing the distance without dying, to reach either melee or more effective shotgun range.

Gorgon:

First off, nothing with a barrel that long is that inaccurate, period. The way the gun used to behave rewarded good aim, and forced you to trade off between careful shooting and bullet-hosing if you wanted to successfully clear a room. As it stands it is frustrating and boring to use. In balance to this somewhat emotive argument, I understand the concerns about the Latron's role being usurped.

The Gorgon is a machine gun, but currently I don't think there are sufficient metrics to properly differentiate this from a rifle/assault rifle. My proposal to remedy this would be to give the Gorgon motion-dependent accuracy. That is to say that if you are standing still, it has the accuracy of the old Gorgon i.e. First few single shots are accurate, first short burst is accurate, holding down fire results in a mid-range cone of lead. If you are moving, it has the accuracy of the new Gorgon i.e. first few shots/short burst largely accurate at short-mid range, holding down fire results in a ridiculously wide cone of lead. Machine guns do not lend themselves to being fired accurately while moving, particularly relative to an assault rifle. The change between these two accuracy states needs to be immediate when going from stationary to moving accuracy, with a short delay (~0.5-1s) when going from moving (in)accuracy to stationary.

This first change gives Gorgon users more gameplay choice and makes the consideration of position much more important: It rewards good positioning within a room (or more particularly outdoor locations), acting as a semi-mobile turret to make use of the static accuracy with firing and moving being separate phases of play (think pepperpotting). Alternatively, if you want to run and gun with it, treating it like a big daddy of an assault rifle, you have to accept that it isn't going to be as accurate, so you are going to spend all those extra bullets anyway.

The second change I would like to propose, which as the shotguns can be considered independent, would be to have the fire cone tighten up a little after the gun has fully spooled up while stationary, enough that a player can actually pick a good spot and spray covering fire for the rest of the team in a vaguely accurate manner.

Both the above changes together I think would provide the following differentiation:

Gorgon/other machine guns yet to come (Grakata behaves more like an SMG from what I have heard): Largely outperform assault rifles in static scenarios due to equivalent accuracy and capacity for much greater volume of fire. Underperform assault rifles while in dynamic scenarios (i.e. player is moving) due to accuracy penalties associated with trying to fire such a large weapon while moving. This means that machine guns now favour a more tactical and static style, and assault rifles favour the more prevalent run and gun style.

Specifically comparing to the Latron: The Latron now occupies a space where you can move and accurately shoot to distance with a good fire rate for the entirety of your magazine, the Gorgon now occupies a space where you can stand still then get a few accurate shots (3-5) off, wait a bit/move a bit, wait to regain accuracy, get a few more off, or stand in place and hose down a room with your magazine, reaching effectively out to mid-range after the recoil has tightened up, or run and gun, but be woefully incapable of any kind of reliable projection.

Sorry for the large number of words, I tried to explain a bit of the reasoning behind the proposal. I hope those who bother to read them all think it was at least partially worth their time to do so. :)

Edited for clarity

Edited by Captator

how is it with boltor weapon?

I got one, "BASE" damadge is 18, "BASE" critical damadge is 150%

so if I upgrade the "DAMADGE" to the boltor, will the CRITICAL damadge become 150% of what the weapon damadge is on ?

Example: serration(90% damage) and Vital Sense(100% crit damage) and point strike(Crit chance 150%)

will it be 150% critical chance to do the damadge at 250% of 34,2(which is 90% more of 18 base damage) ?

will I do 119,7 damage? "Cause I do only around 60 each hit..

Dear DERebecca

Really appreciate all the work you guys have been doing so far.

It is really how the world works. No matter what you do, it is not possible to please everyone.

Therefore, please do not be dishearten by destructive critics. Instead, focus on constructive ideas/feedback and keep working on what you believe in.

Thank you for the great game and excellent respond time, there will be ups and downs, but I truly believe in the teams' ability to make this one of the best game this century.

Go Warframe go!

Cheers

Adalonie

+1

Totally, known bug. Will be fixed.

Sorry to be a pain but I haven't been playing recently but I have read on the forums that loki's switch teleport is not reliable after update 7.9. Is this a known bug or is it only in isolated cases?

Perhaps it's not a popular PoV?

How is it not a popular point of view aside from the fact people haven't that much about it? Moreso, does it have to be to be addressed instead of tossed to the side? It's affecting gameplay right now.

It's quite simple, the solution currently in place is broken. 

When it comes to waves (reasonably less so for deploying/collecting packages objectives), it's highly significant. As I've said multiple times already if someone leaves at Wave 5/10+ that means no one else can join the game in-progress afterwards. It's supposedly 'built' to prevent people from abusing, but instead it's abusing honest and legit players at the same time. How on earth is it fair or right that people who want to carry on past Wave 5/10 have to suffer until they die or objective failure (additionally losing their rewards past 5 or 10 etc), all because 1/2 people decide to leave at their chosen wave and no one else can join the game because of this objective issue? It's nonsensical. Any person who joins the game in progress isn't gaining all the modifications they have missed from the previous rounds, they only start earning whatever is produced from when they join and that is it. 

As for packages, make it after 2 deployments/collections or just give someone who joins mid-game a reduced reward at the end of the game, seems logical to me.

Edited by Naith

I really don't get why people are surprised the Hek and Gorgon were re-balanced (or nerfed if you prefer, it's all perspective). If something is so overpowered (and they were) that nobody has reason to use anything else, then that is a problem that should really be addressed. It has nothing to do with it being the best weapon, that is irrelevant. What is important is that they were so much more effective than other weapons that there was no point in using other weapons. There should be a variety of options to cater to a variety of playstyles, not a handful of weapons that overshadow all other types. What I don't really get is why the other shotguns were also nerfed. If nobody plays them (except me, but I mostly do melee so I'm kind of unattached and maybe that's why I'm not "flipping tables" as others have so poetically mentioned) then what is the point of nerfing them? I understand nerfing the Hek (which as everyone has pointed out, if not begrudgingly, that it is still the best weapon, even if only marginally), but I cannot grasp why the others were nerfed. The inherent spread of the Boar and Strun made them hard to use at significant range anyways, but now they are both terribly inaccurate (which is expected) but also do basically no damage to an enemy within the same hallway. Just seems unnecessary.