Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Games With Female Characters?

BloodKitten

was wondering wich games have female characters that either playable, or have noticeable role in game.

the only games i really remember are the red alert games, oni, tom clancy rainbow six vegas 2, skyrim, streets of rage, tekken/mortal kombat, guild wars 2, and fallout 3/new vegas.

was wondering if anyone could name a few, no matter the ganere, or if its online/single player, as long its not a sex game.

if possible, only games that have a PC version.

thanks in advance

Almost all Final Fantasies, many of which are on PC.

Of "recent" releases, of particular notice: Bioshock Infinite. The Last of Us.

Also, everything ever done by Bioware.

Interestingly, Portal (the first) has arguably only two characters, both female. Portal 2 does however arguably have four characters, two of whom are male.

Almost all Final Fantasies, many of which are on PC.

Of "recent" releases, of particular notice: Bioshock Infinite. The Last of Us.

Also, everything ever done by Bioware.

Interestingly, Portal (the first) has arguably only two characters, both female. Portal 2 does however arguably have four characters, two of whom are male.

She said playable. That leaves it down to one for Portal, and since Atlas and P-Body in 2 are robots, they can't be counted either.

Not to mention, you only play as a male in Bioshock.

Edit; Noticed that they also said "notable role." Nevermind. P-Body still doesn't count... GLaDOS does though since she... Ehhh, spoilers. Don't show don't tell, yes?

Edited by WingedCrusade

She said playable. That leaves it down to one for Portal, and since Atlas and P-Body in 2 are robots, they can't be counted either.

i did said either playabe, or characters that play a noticeable role in game, and not just there for for 2 minutes and never being seen again, elizabeth is a valid example.

She said "playable or have noticeable role". Please do read the opening post.

I would dare to say that in all the games I have mentioned the role given to (at least one) female character is as important, if not more important, of the role given to any male character.

Also, iirc in one of Bioshock Infinite's DLC, you can play as Elizabeth.

Edited by Dhrekr

She said "playable or have noticeable role". Please do read the opening post.

I would dare to say that in all the games I have mentioned the role given to (at least one) female character is as important, if not more important, of the role given to any male character.

Also, iirc in one of Bioshock Infinite's DLC, you can play as Elizabeth.

I already edited. Jeez.

it give you an option.

was never really into tomb raider.

If you haven't tried the new Tomb Raider reboot, I'd highly recommend giving it a chance and try it out.

That game was a lot of fun to play, looked beautiful and was challenging to play especially the first time around.

They've announced the second game in the reboot series already to be released at the end of this year, Rise of the Tomb Raider. It looks good and I can't wait to get my hands on it and continue the rebooted origin story of Lara Croft.

Enslaved comes to mind.

You play as a dude, but the girl is with you 24/7.

Underrated game, too.

Also, Legend of Korra, Alien: Isolation, Transistor and pretty much everything else here: http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Female%20Protagonist/#p=4&tab=TopSellers

I'll update the post if I remember any more (good ones).

EDIT:

Mirrors Edge, of course. I'm a moron.

Remember Me

AC: Liberation

Edited by Shifted

Borderlands (Yami you ninja)

Remember me

Titan fall ish. The storyline was't enough to make anyone prominant. However you can change gender and most of the voice overs are female making them very noticable. Like the Lotus.

Mirror's Edge

Kingdoms of Amalur

The wolf among us (non-playable but has prominant female characters, that aren't voice overs.)

The last of us, same as above^

Assassin's creed there are prominant female characters. However since they always follow one person, changing genders is only possible in the multiplayer.

Edited by Postal_pat