Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is Not Dying... Its Growing !

--Q--AFKrasul

To people that say Warframe will die soon cause it is losing players ("Calypso")... This is not the case... Throughout last year Warframe has had a steady increase in its player base by about 80%...

Here is a screenshot of the growth of Warframe based on steam. This year will be even better, I know it !

bgv4uh.png

Come and discuss how we can help the game grow even more, instead of posting players leaving...

And that's just based off of steam's statistics. Not everyone who plays on PC uses steam, and there are 2 consoles to account for as well. I really don't see where people are coming up with the "Warframe's dying" rumors. 

Balance and difficulty.

These are the things which matter for long term enjoyment. Our power creep is quite... overwhelming. The new upcoming rebalance can hopefully solve this. Also, the reintroduction of the difficulty slider would be icing on the cake to expanding gameplay to suit veterans--so long as the rewards for the difficulty are worthwhile.

For the record, steam statistics only cover a part of the actual playerbase. They've never properly reflected the way things are actually going in the community.

Honestly, things seem to be roughly the same as always.

That is understandable, but it still can be used as an indicator of a games player base, increasing from 11k during Jan 2014, to 19 during Dec 2014, is a very good show by warframe !

That is understandable, but it still can be used as an indicator of a games player base, increasing from 11k during Jan 2014, to 19 during Dec 2014, is a very good show by warframe !

There are up periods and down periods. It's got a lot to do with content patches and how strongly they hit. If a really good, fun weapon or change is made numbers go up a bit. If the Weapon is mastery fodder things can stagnate some. 

That is why I say that it looks to me about the same as it always was. We're still getting periods of heavy activity followed by people taking a break and then repeating the cycle. It seems very normal for Warframe.

I really don't see where people are coming up with the "Warframe's dying" rumors. 

People always say things like this when they feel like the game is going in a wrong dirrection or they are getting burnt out.  There is rarely any actual reason, or actual proof involved. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

People always say things like this when they feel like the game is going in a wrong dirrection or they are getting burnt out.  There is rarely any actual reason, or actual proof involved. 

Between the statistics, what players are actually doing online, and the threads on the forums, nothing is certain. For the most part, it's the players getting bothered by bad game direction or just being burnt out.

*insert something I don't like and want changed* Warframe is dying because of this I tell you!!!111!!1

Or in plain English, people will always whine that something they don't like will kill the game and is the reason why the game is supposedly dying.

They also say it when their favorite youtuber stops playing. As if that particular individual's presence matters to the wellbeing of the game.

When you completed the game, had all shinny stuffs and friends leave the game... you're tempted to leave the game because there is nothing new to do.

I've played other games, and is the same... ALWAYS.

The good part in Warframe is that every update have new things to do (new gameplay, new events, etc)

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

People come and go every now and then, Many players are leaving constantly nowadays since DE is unable to handle half of the situations well enough. Just saying.

As someone coming from many mmo communities, i have to say that "Many players are leaving constantly nowadays" is something i see a lot in gaming forums when a few individuals become bored. Players come and go and return when something new turns up, they miss the game, the game they went to becomes boring, or the feel like they've invested too much in the old game to simply just leave. I'm not sure why people feel the need to make this statement about a game dying but if i were to guess, i'd say they are hoping the devs or company will notice this and give in to every change or idea they want. Trust me, the game isn't going to miss a few players for too long because new ones are coming in and those that leave usually return at some point. Not all return but in most cases they do.

As someone coming from many mmo communities, i have to say that "Many players are leaving constantly nowadays" is something i see a lot in gaming forums when a few individuals become bored. Players come and go and return when something new turns up, they miss the game, the game they went to becomes boring, or the feel like they've invested too much in the old game to simply just leave. I'm not sure why people feel the need to make this statement about a game dying but if i were to guess, i'd say they are hoping the devs or company will notice this and give in to every change or idea they want. Trust me, the game isn't going to miss a few players for too long because new ones are coming in and those that leave usually return at some point. Not all return but in most cases they do.

I'm talking about Veterans that have been here for a very long time.

the side effect to this is that when a certain amount of people leave, they leave an empty spot on someone's friend/clan list, which leads some to believe that the game is dying even though it's only the people they know that left. which leads to people going on the forums saying that the game is dying, and then to threads like these.

On pc maybe, on consoles or to be more specific on ps4 i  i feel it is quite opposite, at least on european side. Chats are near empty, very few places have even 1 squad in it, heck there have been times when pluto sechura had zero squads for while(and it were not in conflict).

Yes there are ppl doing only "endgame" but it didnt use to have this big impact on star chart, let alone chats. Let see what will happen when exclusives finally starts pouring in.... order 1886, bloodborne, adventures of nathan drake..... Yes, i am aware that not everyone are waiting those, but im also aware many ppl are and what happens after they do come out.... time will tell. Then again i dont have real numbers with me, im just speaking on what ive seen in the game, and i assure you, numbers have been way bigger.