Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is Not Dying... Its Growing !

--Q--AFKrasul

And that's just based off of steam's statistics. Not everyone who plays on PC uses steam, and there are 2 consoles to account for as well. I really don't see where people are coming up with the "Warframe's dying" rumors. 

Because some people seem to think that just because they're unlucky and can't find squads in game, or because they find it boring and are leaving, they suddenly assume the game must be dying.

The community is growing yeah, it's just those vets who haven't spent much on the game that are leaving.

By "vets who who haven't spent much on the game" I mean people with 500+ gametime (not steam) hours who haven't really bought enough stuff with real money to have thatfeeling of just having thrown money away. Like me. I will wait for U16, sometimes log in for an alert or something, browse forums and share my experiences and advice, but no more regular playing. Just too burned out, can't have no more. Same old promises from DE and no actions to prove those promises right...I see nothing even comparable to "year of quality" so far.

P.S. I'm happy that atleast Overkill (developers of Payday 2, a current-day co-op full PvE shooter) manages to keep me satisfied and their promises actually have a deadline instead of DE's eternal Soon

Edited by Tulzscha
edited - dev bashing/inappropriate language

Ugh... It's a free download. The numbers will never be legit and do not validate the success of the game or the playerbase.

If you were to get eyes on actual earned income by Warframe alone(Prime packages, new Plat purchases, Merch), then we can open a debate. 

Those accoutns only for people playing through Steam; they don't account for players who uses the standalone launcher from the site or another website that advertises Warframe and distributes the launcher as well.

So the actual numbers might be quite higher... and take notice too that those are numbers of playing simultaneously; given different timezones and countries, there are times where some players of a timezone are either asleep or at work while others are coming back from work. Even if it says 28k players then, it doesn't mean there's only 28k players in the world playing the game.

Some games live and die through YouTube.

Do not test the power of a personality.

Most people didn't even know who that Calypso guy was anyway. First I heard of him was today. He's not the PewDiePie of Warframe; if anything, Prime Time and the Dev Streams are the PewDiePies of Warframe

what games live and die through YouTube? ?

Minecraft does to a certain extent. It is only as popular as it is now as a result of Youtube and all the people who play it are just free advertising for whoever's developing it these days. 

Minecraft does to a certain extent. It is only as popular as it is now as a result of Youtube and all the people who play it are just free advertising for whoever's developing it these days.

minecraft will not die through YouTube. Minecraft made a career for people, not the other way around.

-maybe some of its INSANE level of popularity can be attributed to youtube.

Edited by Hypernaut1

When they update the loot tables and if they make the horrendous RNG bearable I'm sure people would come back. I would. 40min of Survival over and over and ove and over and over and over again =/= fun. Not to mention if you deplete your keys, you have to go through horrendous key RNG farm.

Again there's a difference between a good grind and an unfair one.

Edited by AoiiToori

Literally 0, unless you are 10 years old and the only actual gaming you do is watching pewdiepie.

Not necessarily. Steam is a vast ocean along with the iOS store

A personality or review site can take a look at a game, and, assuming the game isn't absolute tosh, said game will usually generate some form of sells.

Other have stated Minecraft, a game that literally only became popular through YouTube, period.

Happy Wheels is the same.

As for non-YouTube personalities, review sites and your friends can make a huge difference.

IGN gives big scores to AAA games for a reason.

And the game, Flappy Bird, was literally only successful because of a friend or two looking over a shoulder.

Testimonials, through word-of-mouth or simple footage, can go a long way.

If Calypso was still playing, he'd be able to show off Mesa, archwings, prime weapons, and alert the community to upcoming updates. All of that can go a very long way.

If Calypso was still playing, he'd be able to show off Mesa, archwings, prime weapons, and alert the community to upcoming updates. All of that can go a very long way.

I don't know who Calypso is, I don't read reviews, I don't watch testimonials.

"Youtube" personalities don't mean jack S#&$, they are just people with an opinion like the other 7 billion of us; A lot of people were playing minecraft before it took of on youtube, just because it became more popular doesn't mean it wasn't already to a lesser degree. Actually all the people I know that still "play" minecraft, don't waste their time watching other people play it either.

Nothing is "made" or "broken" by anyone on youtube, anyone who thinks otherwise probably also spend their days browsing TmZ.

"Youtube" personalities don't mean jack S#&$, they are just people with an opinion like the other 7 billion of us; A lot of people were playing minecraft before it took of on youtube, just because it became more popular doesn't mean it wasn't already to a lesser degree. Actually all the people I know that still "play" minecraft, don't waste their time watching other people play it either.

Nothing is "made" or "broken" by anyone on youtube, anyone who thinks otherwise probably also spend their days browsing TmZ.

If person A doesn't eat meat that means everyone in the world doesn't eat meat. Brilliant reasoning there Nobel Prize is yours m8.

As for steam graphs, no matter if other players play trough normal launcher or some other method. Steam numbers are high enough to be a viable portion that allows you to make out some statistical data. Most Developers won't give out game stats especially the amount of player stats, so steam graphs come as best 2nd option there is period.

I play and played many F2P games and I only came to WF because I've seen it on steam some day while I was sitting there. There are thousands of people like me, and we are huge enough to generate statistically viable numbers. If population increases on steam then more than likely it does the same in the game, if it flops then the same is in other places. Its not like steam is some out of space place where everything goes 180, if game is popular it will be popular on steam to.

If person A doesn't eat meat that means everyone in the world doesn't eat meat. Brilliant reasoning there Nobel Prize is yours m8.

You realise the inverse of your argument is true right? You basically proved my point, by not getting the point of my post, fantastic job.

Simple fact says otherwise. You disproved your entire statement in your first few sentences.

Why should I care about your personal experiences?