The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I actually like his looks, good thing he doesn't look like a mainstream dragon or else I would be the one contesting the devs for lack of originality.

Yet... if they do change this frame, after it is release, they will open a precedent. And that might be good, to force them to go back and change zephyr, trinity, etc

Edited by 7grims

Getting tired of this argument. Rhino was never claimed to be the 'rhino-frame'. He has similarities in his name, and abilities, but he wasn't marketed to the community as "the rhino-frame".

Really..? Who cares whether or not he was "marketed" as the Rhino frame? His name is Rhino and he looks like a rhino, that's the argument here.

Also DE did just that back in the days of CB they have called him the rhino frame before and have commented on his powers meaning to support that theme.

Edited by Halisi

I honestly love the design, it's so different and refreshing.

Same here.

I hadn't seen the pelt idea mentioned by the OP; interesting take. With those pieces on his head & insides of his arms he really looks Infested-like to me.

I'd wish for Chroma to look more badass.

(Dragon theme implies it would look as such).

this is badass in my vocabulary (dragons aside) :

KlFkgLY.jpg

and the leg parts look like Targis Prime.

WE HAVE SAID THIS THOUSANDS OF TIMES MAN!

ITS AESTHETICS AND APPEARANCES ARE THAT OF A LEAFY SEA DRAGON!!!

ITS NAME AND EVERYTHING ELSE ARE WELL THOUGHT THROUGH!!!! AS FOR WHY THEY WENT FOR A LEAFY SEA DRAGON APPEARANCE!! WE DO NOT KNOW!!!!

Well since it is based on Leafy Sea dragon, then maybe they wanted to merge two in one : dragon theme + marine theme (since we will be geting underwater tileset soon)

Edited by tocorro

I just want to say Chroma looks more like a pangolin than a Dragon. Btw a pangolin is a scaly anteater that is endangered.

I believe most of the negative views come from the bad angle of which Chroma is shown. yes, he looks like Vauban but only from one angle where a person cannot see most of the chest detail which makes Chroma more dragon like. furthermore we cannot see the back of Chroma, the part of the warframe that people will see the most of while playing. also we do not know how Chroma can be colored, this could fix most of the players base negativity with a good color scheme.

What DE needs to do is to make a short YouTube video of Chroma's skills and some game play. I believe that most people will change their opinions of Chroma's design after seeing him in 3D.

Overall the parts I liked - Torso, legs tail and the arms. parts I disliked - Helm, shoulders, and the odd growths on Chroma's back.

Edited by vadeam

Getting tired of this argument. Rhino was never claimed to be the 'rhino-frame'. He has similarities in his name, and abilities, but he wasn't marketed to the community as "the rhino-frame".

Back when rhino was added I don't think they honestly marketed any warframes coming out like they have for chroma.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

I personally do like Chroma's design a lot, too.

It's not at all what I expected, and I do wish he looked more overtly like a dragon. That said, that just happens to be my personal taste, and I think our friend here actually looks really cool regardless. For some, though, the best thing to do is to look at him as an Infested themed frame, not as a dragon themed frame.

Seriously, the more I look at him, the more I like him.

I really like it as you said it evokes the theme rather than being in your face, although the more I look at it (especially from the front) the more I see a dragon with his mouth open. The faceplate everyone talks about looks to me to be the inside of the mouth, the snout is just the upper part of the skull and the jaw is wide open and fused with what would be the "neck" of the frame that's why the head looks so thin oO

My first look of the stream when watching was one of confusion - but now after some deeper lookings into the armour and various cultural and animalistic aspects, this frame has grown on me

I think it's more of a dragon slayer/elemental based caster of sorts

The helm below the horn/snout where the fire comes from looks like a knights face plate on that of your traditional/cliche plate helm

Same goes for the armour wrapped underneath the red - it all looks like your knight of sorts.

One whom decided to wear the armour of te slain beast.

Perhaps this could be a Serberis of which was slain and worn?

Maybe an underwater dragonic beast from the new tile set coming?

Now to the outer armour;

The arms remind me of that of the wings wrapped around the them.

The structure is more natural then that of the armour underneath - some of the data-mined info was that of animal skin for an ability

Perhaps could this outer armour become animated in some way?

The lump on Chroma's back;

Another piece of intrigue.

The last two frames - Mesa and nova prime have both had moveable bits on their body; be it for an ability (peacemakers of mirage) or aesthetic (the moving head and back pieces of nova)

Thus - the potential of it doing more then what we think

Or it could be like that of frost (prime) where it is that of aesthetics and a place to mount a syandana?

Anyhow - that's my two cents on the mata

-Phyrak

WE HAVE SAID THIS THOUSANDS OF TIMES MAN!

ITS AESTHETICS AND APPEARANCES ARE THAT OF A LEAFY SEA DRAGON!!!

ITS NAME AND EVERYTHING ELSE ARE WELL THOUGHT THROUGH!!!! AS FOR WHY THEY WENT FOR A LEAFY SEA DRAGON APPEARANCE!! WE DO NOT KNOW!!!!

SO STOP ASKING!

He wasn't asking o_0 you need to temper yourself he's just saying he reserves his right to be disappointed if the powers fall flat which I agree with him.Take things with a grain of salt.

Yes and no. Not looking like a dragon is fine. Looking like an anteater instead is not. I'd rather DE make him look like some sort of eldritch combination (humanoid if need be) and call that a dragon, then give me an anteater.

No, that's fine. If you guys want to argue visuals, then have at it. My point was more on theme and powers. DE does this thing where they call a frame a codename, but then mash in like, 3 other themes with it. "Nekros" was codenamed Necromancer, but he's got the whole hunger and nanobot theme going on. Valkyr's another good example, shes "berserker" but also catwoman, and Warcry-warrior as well. I don't give a hoot about Chroma's snoot :)