The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Well, the majority of the hate is being directed at the helmet, and we still have not seen the alternate helmet. 

If you say, "But alt helmets cost plat!!1! Why would I spend plat to make a frame look good?/??", you are answering your own question in your question. You spend plat on alternate helmets to make them look good. We've seen it with Banshee (shovel knight?), we've seen it with Mirage (frogger?), and we're seeing it now with Chroma (Anteater.)

"But I don't want to spend money to get something to fix the look of a frame that should have looked better from the start!" No need, just run Voids before the update and pawn off the spoils in Trade. No big deal.

"I don't like Trade..." Well...

Nicholson.gif

Helmet as we know probably will get a beter alt version. That pelt thought. Nothing Draconic about it. It looks like infested flesh. If that pelt could be change with cosmetic items as well, it'd solve the problem. Btw. that beaver tail between his legs isn't cool either.

Some dragons have smooth skin. Not all have scales or feathers.

Maybe, there are. But I never had seen any with a smooth skin. They're mostly of reptilian descent. Scaleless reptiles don't look to good (for me).

Well I found one without scales ... looks terrible ^^

silk66.jpg

Edited by tocorro

The "luck" buff they mentioned. I'm hoping that it give all allies a crit chance boost up to 75% on everything. If something is already pass 75% then it goes into red crit. Also 100% proc chance on all equipment. That flame roar from teaser should do this. Pls pls pls

There's no luck buff. You're taking that way out of context.

And yet game companies hire extremely skilled artists and spend tons of money on visual aspects...

Not to mention there are other art forms base entirely on visual aspects like painting and sculpture.

"Look" is a very big deal.

Before all of these cosmetics were added to the game, warframe players were proud to claim that they were unaffected by the vanity bug prevalent in so many other games

I guess not, eh?

there is just one thing i cant figure out about chroma

we know now officially chroma is a dude

yet (something which im not allowed to mention) makes mention of a "her" in relation to chroma somehow

for all we know,there in lies hints to the next frame after chroma

let me guess from Reddit?

Keep it ugly. that way when i color it pink and give it mirage's noble animation it'll be even better.

You people DO have at least one frame that isn't mirage using her animation and colored pink, right?

RIGHT?

But in all seriousness I'm not looking forward to the pain-in-the-&#! quest this guy will probably have attached to him. It'll probably be a spy mission, since they just updated that, same with Limbo being stuck with archwing.

But in all seriousness I'm not looking forward to the pain-in-the-! quest this guy will probably have attached to him. It'll probably be a spy mission, since they just updated that, same with Limbo being stuck with archwing.

He will drop from the G3 Golem which is an arching boss behind a keywall bigger than mutalist salad 5.

Ant eater is suppose to look like a dragon.... 

ROHxskE.jpg

Apparently we can't get along... I wont say anything condescending to you (even though I want to), but stop complaining about Chroma and we will stop complaining about the community. Now, when everybody stops this war, I'll bring some nice hot tea.

I like the frame but I completely disagree with the fact it's based on a dragon frame, a dragon frame being something so awesome it -should- become a thing however, I don't want chroma to be it. Chroma should be the infested frame we also (well, me at least) wanted, as it clearly fits that motif, from the appearance to the fact it adapts with different energy colours. Sure it's ugly, but not in an unappealing way, I'd find it quite awesome to rock it. But to take the place from a dragon frame?!? A dragon frame could look f'in proper badass, and it should be so.

Apparently we can't get along... I wont say anything condescending to you (even though I want to), but stop complaining about Chroma and we will stop complaining about the community. Now, when everybody stops this war, I'll bring some nice hot tea.

NEVER. My rage will end worlds.

Maybe, there are. But I never had seen any with a smooth skin. They're mostly of reptilian descent. Scaleless reptiles don't look to good (for me).

Well I found one without scales ... looks terrible ^^

silk66.jpg

He looks PISSED. Someone give the poor baby his scales back :(

I like the frame but I completely disagree with the fact it's based on a dragon frame, a dragon frame being something so awesome it -should- become a thing however, I don't want chroma to be it. Chroma should be the infested frame we also (well, me at least) wanted, as it clearly fits that motif, from the appearance to the fact it adapts with different energy colours. Sure it's ugly, but not in an unappealing way, I'd find it quite awesome to rock it. But to take the place from a dragon frame?!? A dragon frame could look f'in proper badass, and it should be so.

I did a 360, i used to hate the guy for being a "dragon". After thorough examination of the model while trying to find dragon references and hints i realised that i was looking at Chroma wrong.

Now that i see him in a different way i am 100% fine with the design.

He is a dragon knight wearing dragon skin over his shiny full plate armor. Even the head, his helmet is like Tengu zephyr, but covered with dragon's head on top of it.

tlBkn2s.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto