The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

We already have an "gun-blade" and no thanks, we don't want that type of anime guns in this game

1. Gunblades, while featured in anime, are from real life (not called gun-blades though).

2. That was a joke, a reference to a well-liked emo video game character (Squall Leonhart). Also, he's not from anime, nor is his gunblade.

Edited by Snowman486

Its an he?, then why the hell does he hav_ *sighs* its MLP Im not going to question its stupid logic.

Also, please get MLP out of here, its not weclome on warframe

We already have an "gun-blade" and no thanks, we don't want that type of anime guns in this game

You need to cool it.

Edited by LazerSkink

Wait, don't we have a light frame already? Wasn't that supposed to be Mirage's stick?

I do like the idea of power focus based off of energy, long as there's a clear way of telling what color equals what effect. Also, the question continues on if advanced elements are included in this, or just the base elements, cus having a frame being able to select advanced elements whenever it wants feels a liiiiittle much, considering the cross-element effects are kind of rare even on the advanced element frames like Saryn, and most frames not based off a element in particular use just Blast.

I SHUDDER to imagine the impenetrable grind wall that awaits for this frame. Lord knows they hardly even addressed the Mesa issue.

Indeed.  In this Year of Quality, I expect nothing less than increasingly large walls with multiple layers of grind, RNG, waiting, or a combination of the three used more and more frequently.

But regardless of my intention to not bother even trying to acquire it, the idea of a frame's elemental damage being altered by energy color is an intriguing concept, especially since it seems to conflict with DE's policy of cosmetics not being influenced by stats.  We'll see.

All these last Frames have been terrible. Mirage, Limbo, and Mesa ( a Jester, a Magician, and an Old West gunner... ) all are pretty tasteless compared to the originality of the previous Frames. These new Frames have very little teamwork ability and have been drifting further and further away from the dark, serious, and mysterious theme of the game.

Like, Limbo... Frame with a top hat ? Eew, please no more stuff like that, really ruins the game. Why he don't have an animation to pull a rabbit out of that hat and make it disappear into the void ? -___-  What next ? a ClownFrame ? Come on.. I would like to see a serious Warframe for next release and not another gimmick.

All these last Frames have been terrible. Mirage, Limbo, and Mesa ( a Jester, a Magician, and an Old West gunner... ) all are pretty tasteless compared to the originality of the previous Frames. These new Frames have very little teamwork ability and have been drifting further and further away from the dark, serious, and mysterious theme of the game.

Like, Limbo... Frame with a top hat ? Eew, please no more stuff like that, really ruins the game. Why he don't have an animation to pull a rabbit out of that hat and make it disappear into the void ? -___-  What next ? a ClownFrame ? Come on.. I would like to see a serious Warframe for next release and not another gimmick.

r0bhuw1.jpg

Says the guy with the "lord of the forest" avatar ;) with alt Antler helm. Be careful, you'll get an EMOframe with greasy hair hanging over half his face with Technocyte acne and only 2 color choices: black and Payne's Gray and his 4 will be called "Broodfest" fest; an AOE that is triggered by EMO shrugging his shoulders, saying whatever, and then the enemies simply stand there, looking at the ground, not caring about anything as you kill them.

Seriously, though, I've spoken on this before. They are going to push the themes and conventions of design and let the pendulum swing out before it swings back. You need diversification and evolution before returning to more variants on classic themes. With more extreme design choices, the love AND hate will be a bit polarizing but the point is that DE continues to invest in the power of choice, and not churn out homogonized, stale alternates just to "play it safe." I've got 2 frame designs I'd love to introduce, but it would take a comic book 4-6 parter to get their attention. Otherwise I'm just bleeting (?) from the stands. You want your version of Typhus to get noticed? Bring something special to the community for feedback.