Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Dragon frame, probably. Scott was a bit dissapointed most people didn't get it, alluded to nerdiness, and honestly, what reference could be nerdier than D&D's Chromatic Dragons having an elemental effect depending on their colour?

EG, Red dragons get fire breath, black dragons get a corrosive breath, blue dragons get lightning, white dragons get cold, and green dragons get a poiso gas breath, etc...

Oh my god... Please be this, this sounds so AWESOME.

Why would you? The colors available to any starting player will probably cover the range of hues that actually lead to different effects.

It isn't like DE implied the shade of the color would have an effect. Just that the Frame will recognize different colors and produce elemental damage based on it.

Oh it's elemental ? Nevermind then

Nah man. I'm pretty sure the element changes depending on the color.

Blue and Purple hues would produce Freeze. Reds and Oranges would produce Fire.

I'm almost certain it's that sort of thing.

I don't think it's going to be like that. First of all, some elements are simply better than others and some are more situational, and I don't think DE is going to try and limit us to a certain aesthetic just to perform better for certain missions to that high of a degree. Every damage type will probably be objectively equal.

Second, matching up the elements to colors would be tricky and confusing. Sure, it's simply for fire and freeze and toxin; those would be just reds/oranges and blues/purples and greens/(yellows?) respectively. But what about electric? Can't be blue, as that's freeze. Would it be yellow? Then if you have any shade of black/grey/white energy, then what? Not even going to try to ponder if they decided to add in the additional damage 2.0 elementals, such as Corrosive, Blast, and the like. 

I don't think it's going to be like that. First of all, some elements are simply better than others and some are more situational, and I don't think DE is going to try and limit us to a certain aesthetic just to perform better for certain missions to that high of a degree. Every damage type will probably be objectively equal.

Second, matching up the elements to colors would be tricky and confusing. Sure, it's simply for fire and freeze and toxin; those would be just reds/oranges and blues/purples and greens/(yellows?) respectively. But what about electric? Can't be blue, as that's freeze. Would it be yellow? Then if you have any shade of black/grey/white energy, then what? Not even going to try to ponder if they decided to add in the additional damage 2.0 elementals, such as Corrosive, Blast, and the like. 

then again on the other hand,if it wasnt the first thing i was thinking about,it could be the second...in which case i feel it neccisary to point out,that was not a light based frame concept,nor a chemical one

but id be happy to see it added never the less,i wonder if they figured out what i was basing it off of

If nobody else has guessed this, (and if they have, sorry) maybe a crystal frame? That is generally a decently requested frame, plus prisms are a type of crystal (I think...) so that may be the colors being the elements part? Maybe?

During devstream they indicated that they saw right answer twice but "crystal frame" was mentioned way more times.

Lets hope it is Dragon, at least he is not funny

Edit: 

Yes i checked it will be Dragon , referencing D&D chromatic dragons as was stated before me , praise the Lord, on the other hand tremble because grindle is coming

Edited by Hayzemet

If I remember correctly, the hint was that the color of this frames energy determines its elemental type. Does anyone have any ideas? I thought maybe it was based off of light, electromagnetic waves, or radiant energy...

Edit: now that I think about it, maybe plasma...

Edited by Snowman486

If I remember correctly, the hint was that the color of this frames energy determines its elemental type. Does anyone have any ideas? I thought maybe it was based off of light, electromagnetic waves, or radiant energy...

If that is true, then black colour would make his elemental type emo. 

So its Volt 2.0 i hope its not with energy things..we already have one,i mean its cool.. but nah.