The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's Excited For Difficult 8 Man Raids?

geninrising

Raids, by definition, involve multiple players.  There is no such thing as a "solo Raid".  If a Raid is capable of being solo'd, it's not a Raid, it's a mildly challenging boss fight.  Solo players will have to suck it up and play with pugs (assuming DE doesn't use the terrible key system as a gate), or not play the Raids at all.

In light of that, I -- as a predominantly Solo player -- will expect absolutely nothing surprising until I see it for myself.

No, it's a good decision.  It's not being made for you.

I never said it was being made for me, so quit being disrespectful.

I'm entitled to my own opinions. 

Edit: By the way, blocked.

Edited by Tymerc

wow. people are getting mad because they can't solo a raid. if you're a solo player then don't come to these threads just to tell us how angry you are about not being able to play a gamemode that is widely known as strictly multiplayer

So long as there are no exclusive rewards being locked behind the raid content - I don't see an issue.

However - if there will be raid exclusive rewards - DE needs to step away from the notion that they consider solo players in their development. Whether by choice or circumstance - there are enough solo players that this would be a seriously bad move.

• 3 weeks later...

I just love how everyone who complains about solo'ers assumes they're all anti-social and hate human contact, when there's the possibility that MAYBE their area doesn't support high-speed internet connections.

"Get a job to pay for better internet" is the FIRST thing I always hear, so let's head that one off right now. First off, got a job. Second, It's not ABOUT money, it's that all available ISPs in my area are UNABLE to provide high-speed service to my area because it's not profitable for them.

"Well, then, move." Yeah, because I should uproot my whole life just to be able to play a fun new game mode that looks like a whole new gametype with added rewards that only lucky people with good connections can reliably access.

I may have a job, but I also have spare time. When I have spare time, I play video games, including Warframe, because they are my hobby, and you can't blame me for wanting to play Warframe when you obviously do too, what with being on this very forum. So I don't think it's unreasonable to want access to ALL PARTS of Warframe like everyone else who plays it. I DON'T mean that I want it to be easy. Just reasonably accessible to those who are literally unable play with others. I don't see what would be wrong with that.

Edited by NeoRetro10K

My opinion? its about damn time they upped the difficulty and added 8 mans or higher. I been asking for this forever.

EDIT: Also why is it that DE always has to hear "well the solo player"

8mans obviously arent for lone wolfs / people who are anti social, thats the way it is in any MMO. Do you hop into other MMO and just blow off new content/raids because you have to interact with other humans?

O please if you want stuff "Harder" take off all you mods on your frame and weapons ..

rcjzud.png

Sorry bud DE has already stated it will take a coordinated group of tenno to complete.

Then nobody will complete Raid.

If you dont use mic, you are screwed technically. And i for sure dont want to hear some random child or manchild heavy breathing over my speakers.

I'd also thought about that. The DE representatives themselves said they were being "ambitious", though perhaps they had a more positive connotation of that word in mind than I do.

Personally, I think that, yes, they are being ambitious in that they expect people to coordinate when most people either don't own or don't use microphones.

with this my infixeable strict nat i doubt ill be enjoying this, if theres a solo mode that will be greatly appreciated. i also like doing things alone, thats how i enjoy the game and see how capable i am not depending on others

with the release it will give bugs, and the repetitiveness and the lengetivity for them to release new raids too. expect those

Edited by Ritchel

I just love how everyone who complains about solo'ers assumes they're all anti-social and hate human contact, when there's the possibility that MAYBE their area doesn't support high-speed internet connections.

"Get a job to pay for better internet" is the FIRST thing I always hear, so let's head that one off right now. First off, got a job. Second, It's not ABOUT money, it's that all available ISPs in my area are UNABLE to provide high-speed service to my area because it's not profitable for them.

"Well, then, move." Yeah, because I should uproot my whole life just to be able to play a fun new game mode that looks like a whole new gametype with added rewards that only lucky people with good connections can reliably access.

I may have a job, but I also have spare time. When I have spare time, I play video games, including Warframe, because they are my hobby, and you can't blame me for wanting to play Warframe when you obviously do too, what with being on this very forum. So I don't think it's unreasonable to want access to ALL PARTS of Warframe like everyone else who plays it. I DON'T mean that I want it to be easy. Just reasonably accessible to those who are literally unable play with others. I don't see what would be wrong with that.

A very good post. +1

History of warframe:

> Players tired of bullet spong bosses and ordinary missions demand more mechanical difficulty

> After a few boss reworks they introcuded rescue 2.0

> Players at 2015 still don't know what to do and have the tendency to fail

> Spy 2.0 is introduced

> Players do not understand mechanics, they fail missions often and decide that they won't do spy 2.0 because it's boring, when in the end they are simply inept

> Raid missions are introduced

History will repeat, if players can't go far to the point where enemy lvl is above 80 to train for raids, if they can't do rescue or spy missions, then something that combines mechanical difficulty with mathematical difficulty is simply beyond the majority of what most players can do.

I would really love having a different kind of challenge as opposed to just having level 9001 enemies

This

I'd actually like to see some diversity in groups... Not just a squad of 8 Rhinos...

Right now though, I'm just imagining the other game type possibilities. Oh god, the ideas that come to mind..

Raid seems like a good start, but I hope they don't stop with that (I know they probably won't, but the wait is going to kill me.)

8 Rhinos...yawn.

• 2 weeks later...

Or some are mute and can't speak or other things DE seems to never consider at all. They don't meet the Game Accessibility Guidelines, or just chose to ignore them which is wrong.

Im not expecting anything mind blowing to be honest.

Reason: based on the past and current game mechanics DE won't ever make hard content because a large % of players will not be able to do it. Let me explain, to bring true challenging content it needs to take player's real skill and not rely on gear/warframe powers. We are talking ability to react quick and think ahead a little. We have nothing of the sort. I might sound elitist to some but DE's way of thinking is that they want a game where everyone is a winner.

In warframe it's blasphemy to give better rewards to players who put more effort into the game. Sad, but that's how i see it.

All the events we had were "easily doable" apart from the latest rift sigil fight, but then the players who couldn't complete it were annoyed.