Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros: Changes Coming For 15.12

[DE]Rebecca

This just in: one thing that may make it into the first pass today (if not today, then second pass will likely have this):

- Adding the ability for players to walk through Shadows of the Dead clones.

Also of note: dev-experiments are ongoing for bullets to be able to go through Shadows of the Dead Clones.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE all of this

Was anyone else truly hoping that desecrate change was coming?

I mean, yeah it's good for looting and all, but I feel that we could see Nekros truly as a playable frame if he didn't actually have a job in farming or Survivals, so anyone playing him would be playing it as per their choice, not because of a job

Most people I see that play survivals debate who is going to be Nekros. Hopefully this will change that, but that doesn't mean I like desecrate still.

Is Scott looking at it? Or was he just trolling?

In Order to deal with that , all power of necros should have 50%Chance to desecrate killed ennemies

Make desecrate Necro Passive ability

This just in: one thing that may make it into the first pass today (if not today, then second pass will likely have this):

- Adding the ability for players to walk through Shadows of the Dead clones.

Also of note: dev-experiments are ongoing for bullets to be able to go through Shadows of the Dead Clones.

But can you SEE through the clones?  It would be nice to know what you're walking into/shooting into too, just like Mirage's Hall of Mirrors...*shrug*

Can we just make Terrify have the heat proc effect without the flames and DoT? Or have enemies start attacking air as if they were seeing ghosts (and have the bullets not actually hit anything, and in a diagonal upward direction, and turning around now and then because the ghosts are EVERYWHERE)? Or even have enemies tripping over their own feet when running away?

Edited by Inarticulate

Nekros is known for being the farm frame, any changes to help make him a better fighter while still being a farmer is great.

But even with these changes he's still not great.... He will be better then he was, but he will still be a flimsy fighter. His main move is hugely limited, by the energy it costs to use, by the time it's allowed on the field, the time it takes to cast it, by how many enemies can be summoned, by what can be summoned, and more.

Shadows of the Dead needs a huge rework, it needs more customization (having the option to command the dead have them run around and attack, go around to make a circle of protection around you or teammates, focus on one enemy, and so on.) You should work more on making it possible to give out commands for the move so Nekro's can not only be more useful but much more cooler to use.

So SUGGESTION:

Allow Nekros to give out commands during Shadows of the Dead by selecting the move again and on screen come up with a prompt that allows different uses.

- Circle Around you/TeamMate

- Freely Attack

- Focus Attack on one Enemy

- Fight within a certain circle of proximetry.

Also, allow us to bring our fellow Tenno back from the dead when they are killed, not reviving them but becoming a resurected corpse to battle with us unless they decide to revive themselves or so on. And like any other resurrection only allow it to be used once a teammate is dead and is still dead.

Really excited to actually have good shadows. I'd like if kills made by shadows could stock your soul bin though. It seems silly that you can't cause a chain reaction of sweeping the living to create an endless engine of the undead unless you're actively killing things. But that's just my opinion. I do however agree with the sentiments made earlier on making them more aggressive if possible. At least remove their penchant for taking cover, as their time active is limited. If they had no timer, it would be nice. But if they will die when their time is up, they should be making the most of it and going Rambo.

Also, nerf Desecrate into the ground. Nerf it or replace it completely (maybe with a Viral proc power instead). It's an albatross around the neck of your cool necromancer frame. People will hate it, there will be much crying and gnashing of teeth, but if there's any frame who gets viewed as a one-trick pony it's Nekros.

I would love for desecrate to just give out ammo, health, and energy. As it is most people only play nekros for farming.

Terrify locking targets in place would be a great augment mod :)

It would be nice if Terrify locked things in place, but we already have a few dozen abilities that already do that. It would be nice if Terrify got an augment that did something unique.

Honestly, Terrify isn't supposed to be a CC, it's a panic button.  It's "Oh-crap-too-many-dudes-around" button.

Soul punch is cheap, ranged KD, with the augment being a way to pull people up off the ground, fine as is.

Dunno if Desecrate got changed, lol at the folks saying that's all Nekros is good for.

SOTD, I never used much because trying to pick out specific units to kill was always a bit of a pain.

Overall, good changes.

2.5x almost nothing is still almost nothing.

Mechanics remained untouched pretty much, just numbers slightly tweaked. 

conclusion: yet nekros ist still just the desecrate machine.

No it means it will be 2.5x the original enemies' damage and 2x their health. Not 2.5x what the shadows damage was. This bit comes as a fix to the Heavy v Heavy Clone thing.

and Necro came out the darkness....

he was reborn...

meanwhile... Oberon ws waiting for a fix/buff

i hope they changed desecrate... it suck and lets be franc , ruin Frame rate

Desecrate is amazing on a maxed nekros wtf u smoking.

And it's never ruined my FPS. That Kohm has tho.

EDIT: Great good DE. Can't wait for nekros buff <3

Edited by DeusInsania

So first off let me start by saying I love DE. Always appreciate all the effort they put into making and balancing this game. That being said this "buff" seems absolutely pointless.

Terrify- Still cant be recast while active meaning the guys outside its 15 yard radius still murder you. More targets + less range is honestly the last thing this move needed. If anything it should have gone the other way around.

SoulPunch is fine

Shadows of the Dead- As people have pointed out, this is just a terrible ability. This game is too fast paced to just summon random npc's and hope they do their job. No matter how much they buff it, or change it, will never hold a candle next to other ultimate level abilities due to its lack of being able to focus a target or targets. The only way I could see to fix this move would be to lower it to less npcs at less cost, and allow it to be used consistently (similar to mirage clones). As long as other frames can continue to murder their way through everything with ultimate spam, this will continue to sit back of the bus.

Aaaand Desecrate- I'm gonna catch some flak for saying this but please change desecrate... No warframe should have an extra loot drop ability, nor should they be brought along simply because they have extra loot drop ability. This is a gimmick, and I think large portion of players would rather see an all around necromantic frame.

Question regarding shadows of the dead changes:

In terms of bullets passing through the clones, is this limited to tenno cell bullets allowing for a meat shield effect that we can shoot through, or will enemies gain the ability to shoot through them also, this would of course mean that the clones take no damage and act as mobile damaging decoys?

either would be a great buff. I would rather see the later come into the game though. So all the shadows have a set duration instead of dying off before the duration ends. This would be an excellent skill i would think

No it means it will be 2.5x the original enemies' damage and 2x their health. Not 2.5x what the shadows damage was. This bit comes as a fix to the Heavy v Heavy Clone thing.

i Know. considering armor scaling the dmg is still too low and shadows still are just a meat shield. especially if you think about a more or less desecrate-oriented build (which is the most important reason for bringing a nekros to a mission), with reduced power and/or duration. 

Seriously, what's wrong with volt?

Or Hydroid for that matter lol. They're both fine.

I can't really speak when he mentioned Sayrn; even though I use her quite often, I don't exactly use her as exclusively as I do with Zephyr and Hyrdroid lol.

It would be nice though to have better synergy with her skills though; i.e. actually having duration for Venom (I seriously LOVE Venom<3) or Contagion without so much compromise for Miasma. (Even though I also think Contagion is in a weird place in regards to where the game is now lol. Not saying it needs to be poof-gone and replace, but I think in general some kind of minor/major tweak(s) should be done at some point after Nekros' love lol).

Edited by HalfDarkShadow