The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Will Happen To Us Beta Players When Warframe Is Finally Complete?

UndeadGhostWarrior

If you're referring to a full on reset of our accounts, I assume it would probably be similar to the optional reset we had a while back. I don't think DE will just completely erase everything without going through with our thoughts on it first.

Warframe is not in beta
Beta is no longer a valid term
Nothing will happen.

These two pretty images seem to disagree:

9rq0QmM.png

0Ylk8AH.png

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Probably nothing. Plat trading has muddled refunds up something awful, and there are lots of people too invested to tolerate an account wipe. There might be an optional reset. Maybe we'll get some cool legacy item or something.

Also, lol at the "game isn't in beta" people.

DE has already stated they do not want to ever reset accounts. At this point, I could see why. Imagine the player base they would lose immediately.

Once the game officially comes out of beta, I'd expect a little beta gift, probably cosmetic, and the launching of a well polished, fully balanced PvP with a complete storyline. 
It may take awhile.

I can easily see Warframe's Beta state lasting many more years to come, so this is an issue we won't have to worry about for a while.  "Perpetual Beta", there's a plethora of benefits and very few downsides.

And even if Warframe's Perpetual Beta did eventually end, resetting accounts isn't something DE wants to do unless they have to.

Even if it is on beta,i dont think they will do a server wipe. Some people already spent a lot of time and money (for others) on this game. Maybe what they will do when beta is over is to give some form of reward to us (beta players), an exclusive cosmetic of some sort that will brand us as beta players.

If you're referring to a full on reset of our accounts, I assume it would probably be similar to the optional reset we had a while back. I don't think DE will just completely erase everything without going through with our thoughts on it first.

These two pretty images seem to disagree:

9rq0QmM.png

0Ylk8AH.png

Nothing will happen regardless. And we all know that digital documents can be denied simply by saying you didn't read on courts. Also we all know legal documents are always skimped anyways.

Nothing will happen regardless. And we all know that digital documents can be denied simply by saying you didn't read on courts. Also we all know legal documents are always skimped anyways.

Doesn't matter if you skip them, they clearly show that it is in beta. You agreed to it, even if you didn't read it.

I find it VERY unlikely that there will be a full on character wipe. So far, in damn near every MMOG (and Warframe is that. Any other classification is just semantics) the open beta of which I've been in has NOT reset their characters. Simply because OB time is usually reserved to iron out some of the more glaring issues in already existing features of the game before it "goes gold". Large swatches of gameplay are not drastically altered to warrant it. 

Also there's the case of real money transactions. Warframe already has a somewhat functioning (limping, barely) economy going. Real money is being traded, bought and sold with. If they suddenly up and reset your accounts but still gave you the plat you currently have, legal savvy people and organizations could still grab them by the dangly bits because regardless, items bought with plat have real money value. I'm not legal savvy so I'm just gonna leave it at that. 

Warframe is a bit of an odd duck as it is actively being changed in rather significant ways. But the most important reason why early developed games wipe the characters is because those players who have progressed far enough will test some things in only a cursory glance as they have already gone through these or those areas, done the missions etc. And usually with MASSIVE changes to game features that would make transferring items, skills or what-have-you over from the old system to the new a nightmare not worth taking on or simply impossible. 

Uhh...nope.

The US actually has laws that make electronic signatures just as legally binding as paper ones.

It's an evolving game. It'll never be complete.

I wouldn't stress over this. I just don't see a character wipe in this game's future.

Systems will change. Warframes and weapons will change. It's been steadily changing since I started playing mid-way through U10. We'll all just drive on and enjoy shooting stuff in the face regardless.

Uhh...nope.

The US actually has laws that make electronic signatures just as legally binding as paper ones.

Uhh...nope.

electronic signature is actually signature that is hand writen on electronic pad with pen and validated by software and 1 or more employee mostly used in banks

your new signature is compared to your old signature and then checked by person or at least software with license to compare signatures

that check bock where you make Nike logo IS NOT  valid electronic signature and you can not use It in any law-enforcement

otherwise It would be easy to abuse

''steal your computer''->''click on check box that u agree to give me 1milllllion''->''perfect crime''=> not gonna happen

All of our stuff will be deleted and we will have to start on stage 1.

Or nothing.

You guys do realize the DE is in Canada right? -.- So US laws wouldn't effect them, you have to look at Canadian laws.

Edited by Feallike