Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love Warframe, But How Do I Cure These Burnouts I Keep Getting?

Spacetronaut

I completely engorge myself in Warframe whenever I'm actually interested in playing it for weeks on end, and then I'll stop one day and it's like a spin-out; I'll shakily fall out of the balance of playing Warframe solely and go play other stuff a little bit and feel less and less dedicated. Then I just stop playing. I haven't logged in for days, only doing so just to keep my Kubrow alive (<higherpower> forbid I forget for a week. I worked damn hard for that Huras.)

Anyone have a cure for this problem? I want to play, but I can't find the interest in even starting up the game. If I do, I might run a mission or, if I'm lucky, two, but then I just get bored and go do something else. Nothing catches my motivation.

TL;DR: How do I get motivation to keep playing after the infamous "burnout" hits?

Well first off, don't play it everyday of your life. This is what everyone thinks warframe should be like when it really isn't, take breaks often and do other things. This falls into so many other games, don't play it for an excessively long amount of time. I do this by playing casually (in relation to warframe) and I have never experienced burnout. 

As for dealing with it, I recommend you don't play until U16 hits, then you may see something that'll interest you. If you play it any further, you'll just find yourself not wanting to play it even more.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

I know that feel bro. Lately I just log on and look at my warframe in the arsenal, spinning it around, I can't even find myself feeling like I want to enter a mission even though theres a bunch of things I need done. 

For now I'm mostly just alt tabbing while playing and practicing my drawing, I might just come back once a week till 16 until there's actually something to do but I highly doubt U16 is coming anytime soon...

Well first off, don't play it everyday of your life. This is what everyone thinks warframe should be like when it really isn't, take breaks often and do other things. This falls into so many other games, don't play it for an excessively long amount of time. I do this by playing casually (in relation to warframe) and I have never experienced burnout. 

As for dealing with it, I recommend you don't play until U16 hits, then you may see something that'll interest you. If you play it any further, you'll just find yourself not wanting to play it even more.

Completely agree with this. It is bound to be boring if u play it for extensive amount of time frequently or dailly. Games shouldn't be like that unless you're like in competitive scene, but we're talking about Warframe here, which is dominantly pve and requires repeated mission grind. I just log on on weekends and forma stuffs and rank them, play with clan people who needs help and teach them the game.

Never play it too often and it WILL get boring.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

You can try taking it easy for a while. NOT playing Warframe isn't such a bad thing. Your Kubrow can be placed in Stasis so it will be fine. Alternatively, you can try going "Casual Gaming" as I call it, looking for secrets in Warframe while taking it slow and easy. Use a weapon and Warframe you normally don't and go exploring. Maybe even help out newer players using nothing but basic mods rather than fully upgraded ones. 

In games like cod, team fortress, league of legends, counter strike, you see they're all pvp games that you can sink hours to? It comes from the enjoyment of the unpredictable, and competition.

This game is mostly just PVE, and at first it'll be fun to stomp the ground and see all the enemies fly in the air or watch them explode and cause a domino effect, but you will quickly become bored of it because these are just predictable ai mobs.

Playing against real players versus playing against ai enemies makes all the difference in replayability. The previous mentioned games, (COD, TF2, LEAGUE, CS) you often see players sink hundreds of hours into and can play them for years and are still very well popular. From my personal experience, the exact polar opposite has happened with games that revolve around PVE. I can quickly get bored of dungeon crawlers like Diablo or any MMO. Because all these games revolve around grinding mindless ai enemies, which is obviously way less fun than agaisnt real players. I can easily burnout on diablo, tera, and especially warframe, simply because the whole game is just fighting agaisnt the same ai mobs, unlike PVP games that are unpredictable and social.

Edited by Hitmonho

Welp, atleast i know im not the only one. I used to play everyday maybe 2-3 hours but now, when i log in, i just look around maybe what... 10 seconds then i tell myself: "Its boring, dont wanna play this game". I guess it all started at the Mesa update, i was so angry at DE for not fixing this ridiculous amount of rgn/grind. And slowly i started to hate warframe... after all the time i spent into it.

I guess the best solution for you would be to wait for an update that brings lots of stuff, U16 maybe.

Ultimately, a break is proper thing to do. Play something else, or forget it all and develop some new skill.

Lately, I have found that to cure my nagging bored-ness of  WF, I am stockpiling rare cores for the Prime Mod Lottery. So once Streamline or something actually good comes from the trader, I can dump it in there.

Other than that, play something else, and check the forums occasionally.

More kerosene? Fires only tend to burn out of they run out of fuel, so that could be your issue.

I'm kidding, I just like making jokes. I really haven't gotten burnt out, but best thing to do if you are is just take a break for a while and come back when there's something interesting.

Go look at the dozens of other burn out threads? But in all honesty I found a clan with a good group of guys that are all regularly active and so is our brother clan and this makes all the difference to me in a PvE game, it's finding the people you enjoy playing and talking with that makes the game that much more enjoyable

Edited by swihart91

Some tips:

1).Never. NEVER chase mastery rank above 10. That's ruining most of gameplay. Just play with weapons you want, forma 'em as much as you want and etc. If you'll set a point for yourself "I should craft everything" you'll lose interest a way too early.
2).Play with friends. Good friends, who are staying the same way.
3).Play with newbie-friends. And don't let 'em fall at this "I want to craft everything" desire. That's a bad way. Maybe some people enjoy it, but commonly I see those topics "I lost all the interest"
4).Don't haste. I commonly play all the missiong at relaxing way. Spending 20 mins for each syndicate mission, can it be Sabotage or Capture. I'm never aiming for fast runs. One exception, if I'm getting credit booster from Rare Containers, i'm rushing T4 Captures as fast as possible.

5).Don't haste v2.0. Never play Cerberus just for Rep Farm. Fast leveling up highly reduces the time you can spend in game. This is why I'm finding those missiong pointless.

6).Don't aim for best of the bests. You don't need to stay T4 survivals for 1hour+. That's boring and commonly scares people of playing anymore. It's hard to notice though.

7).Don't force yourself to play. If you don't want to - don't play. Usually there are friends who are drawing me back into the game, so it isn't really problem to come back time after time. And I just have so much work to do in-game, just because I don't haste and still don't have everything I want. I play a way slower, than new huge updates are coming.

Edited by Nesit1

Taking a break is actually a great thing to do. Took about 2 1/2 week break over the holiday during that one arch-wing event (so that way I wouldn't miss an event I actually cared about),came back and remembered why I found this game so fun.

Moderation, it's a wonderful thing. Also, you don't have to play it. It is just a computer game at the end of the day. It's there for your entertainment and if isn't doing that then do something else like play other games or if you are just tired of gaming in general, which has happened to me, pick up a book and read, draw or something of the sort. I tend to write short stories and music when I get bored of gaming.

Edited by nickelshark

You can suffer burnout from any game, no matter how much you enjoy it.

The biggest advantage of F2p games like Warframe is that you can put it down and come back when you feel like it. Go play some other games, watch some tv shows, hang out with friends, etc. Then when you feel the urge, check out warframe's patch notes, see if anything catches your eye and take it for a whirl again.

I do this quite often, and I have been playing since the game came out of closed beta. I take a break for a month or two, come back and play a bunch, then take a break again. I run this cycle between GW2, Marvel Heroes, D3, LoL and Warframe. I dropped LoL a year ago, just couldn't stand the community anymore, but I still rotate between all the others.

What I'd say is maybe a tad odd, but hey the shoe fits since I'm more than odd enough to wear it.

First step here would be to take a step back and look at yourself, why it is that you play games as a hobby in particular.  Idenfitying what your drive is behing gaming, and how the correlates to Warframe and further how that links into why you've hit the proverbial wall.  Now mind you there's an important part here to note;  There may well not be any actual cure for your burnout, different folks suffer this issue for different reasons based on where they approach this (or any) game from.

I've been in a pretty hard burnout for quite some time as of late, and it's getting slowly to the point where I feel like maybe I'll never pull out of it.  This is because of where I approach gaming from.  Literally not a single one of the suggestions noted within this thread can do a darn thing to alleviate my own issues, whether they can for yours or anyone else's all depends on where they lie after looking at the first step I noted.

But where's that leave the second step?  Honestly it's a broad thing, it all really boils down to who you are, as a player.  So we'll stick with that at this point;  Who are you as a player of games, and why is it that you play Warframe at all?

Once those answers are known you can then look forward and sort out what possible solutions, if any, can be had to pull you from the burnout.  Without starting here, solutions offered are all nothing but guesswork.

If I'm burnt out I'll simply go get some sun, or go play very different game like MGS GZ and realise I cannot copter. Warframe is still gonna be here when I return. And as mentioned above the whole burnt out cycle is normal, especially when you hit the 1100 hour mark.

However I've seen someone with over 4000 hours logged on, either hard to the core or serial afker.