Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creator Of Rwby Has Passed Away (Mounty Oum_

TheErebus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Oum

Currently, the rooster teeth site is getting flooded with visits, so it's down for now.

Here is the link for when it's back up: http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=3302319

Though I didn't like RWBY, it's sad to see someone who has been entertaining so many people to pass on at his age. He was taken far too soon.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Tbh, the only evidence is twitter and Wikipedia... I wouldn't be TOO enclined to believe it until it's properly proven true (people have done this before to get advertisement and views)

If it is true, it is a shame, though personally I didn't like his work all that much, I will hand it to him that we was talented and that he will be missed.

Tbh, the only evidence is twitter and Wikipedia... I wouldn't be TOO enclined to believe it until it's properly proven true (people have done this before to get advertisement and views)

If it is true, it is a shame, though personally I didn't like his work all that much, I will hand it to him that we was talented and that he will be missed.

Well there is this: http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=3302319

If it's fake...then damn I expect Rooster Teeth to not get any love for a while.

Well there is this: http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=3302319

If it's fake...then damn I expect Rooster Teeth to not get any love for a while.

All the roosterteeth site links don't work for me (saying the site is down). Only thing giving me pause to think it's not true (and that is has been done before). Not that I wholly doubt it and am a total heartless &#!, I just like knowing all the facts from reliable sources, thats all.

All the roosterteeth site links don't work for me (saying the site is down). Only thing giving me pause to think it's not true (and that is has been done before). Not that I wholly doubt it and am a total heartless !, I just like knowing all the facts from reliable sources, thats all.

I've been there, it's definitely there. I'm hoping that it's a case of hackers being $&*^s but... honestly, I don't think it is.

A universe is without its god, a world without its creator. One can only hope it can find a way to carry on.

All the roosterteeth site links don't work for me (saying the site is down). Only thing giving me pause to think it's not true (and that is has been done before). Not that I wholly doubt it and am a total heartless !, I just like knowing all the facts from reliable sources, thats all.

It's workin' for me. And no I fully understand, I'm the same. So far, I'm inclined to believe it's true but unless something comes up that is false, I'll give the respects that are normally given.

It is I'm afraid. On twitter right reading all about it. Pretty sad to hear.

I wasn't much a fan of RWBY; but the guy was talented.

..... where do I start.... oh god...

Here the roosterteeth statement (I know, I am kinda late for this here in this thread/this forum, someone already posted the correct links...but still)

"Our friend, inspiration and co-worker Monty Oum passed away yesterday afternoon at 4:34 PM surrounded by people who loved him very much. Ten days ago Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction during a simple medical procedure that left him in a coma. Although he fought bravely, his body was not able to recover.
During his time in the hospital he was well cared for and never in pain at any time. 

Monty is survived by his wife Sheena, his father Mony, his brothers Woody, Sey, Chivy and Neat, and his sisters Thea and Theary, as well as a countless number of fans and friends. We were so proud to be a part of his life and we will miss him greatly.

Your generosity during the hours after the public statement on Friday will help his family deal with the costs of his care and his passing. You made an incredible difference during a difficult time and we cannot thank you enough.

As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to. 

Monty was 33 years old. 

We love you, Monty."

For me, Monty Oum did wayyy more than just Rwby. (I still love this series... but he did a lot of other things too)

His first big Animation I -and many other people- saw was Haloid.

A short Crossover (Halo and Metroid) Action-fighting- mashup-animation... that...well...it just blew my mind back in the days. 

:

I met him on multiple conventions and I even had the chance to talk to him (just some minutes, but even in this short time I was inspired by his words....)

I... I just don't know what to say... and I don't know how to end this post.

There are so many things he did... so many times his work (and the work of roosterteeth) made me laugh, smile... and... as a RedvsBlue fan, I remember some moments where he just goes over the top "whatthehellisgoingonhere" and 1 second later all the fun, crazy, impressive thing I just saw are blown away by the next holyfk moment....

I could choose any fight, they are all brilliant^^

I will miss him and his work.  Rest In Peace Monty Oum.

Don't be sad, be creative.

edit: srsly, watch Red Vs Blue ( and RWBY). you will have a great time. I promise. 

Edited by Fabpsi

You know with all the stuff i heard about RWBY i was considering viewing it. I remember one of my friends linked me a fight where like 6 character fough in a big dinning room. But instead of using normal weapons they used food in what i asume the way they use their own weapons like one chick had two chickens as gloves, another using bread as swords and so on, it was pretty epic and creative. The guy sure knows how to do fights.

If its real then my respects to the man. I wil still see RWBY and lets hope for the best.

..... where do I start.... oh god...

Here the roosterteeth statement (I know, I am kinda late for this here in this thread/this forum, someone already posted the correct links...but still)

"Our friend, inspiration and co-worker Monty Oum passed away yesterday afternoon at 4:34 PM surrounded by people who loved him very much. Ten days ago Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction during a simple medical procedure that left him in a coma. Although he fought bravely, his body was not able to recover.
During his time in the hospital he was well cared for and never in pain at any time. 

Monty is survived by his wife Sheena, his father Mony, his brothers Woody, Sey, Chivy and Neat, and his sisters Thea and Theary, as well as a countless number of fans and friends. We were so proud to be a part of his life and we will miss him greatly.

Your generosity during the hours after the public statement on Friday will help his family deal with the costs of his care and his passing. You made an incredible difference during a difficult time and we cannot thank you enough.

As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to. 

Monty was 33 years old. 

We love you, Monty."

His first big Animation I -and many other people- saw was Haloid.

A short Crossover (Halo and Metroid) Action-fighting- mashup-animation... that...well...it just blew my mind back in the days. 

:

I met him on multiple conventions and I even had the chance to talk to him (just some minutes, but even in this short time I was inspired by his words....)

I... I just don't know what to say... and I don't know how to end this post.

I will miss him and his work.  Rest In Peace Monty Oum.

Don't be sad, be creative.

Aw man he made that?! I remember watching that in middle school and was in awe, really does bring back memories now well dam, RIP Monty Oum you really did bring me joy to my favorite game of that time. 

I am utterly speechless. I remember first hearing the news and thinking it was some sort of joke. Now that he is gone, I still can't help the feeling that this news is some sort of joke. I was hoping for some sort of video on the RoosterTeeth cite with their usual humor to fool us all, but that never came. Even now, I'm still in denial of it.

One of the most surprising things about this event is how well the RoosterTeeth community is. They were able to raise over $100,000 in support for the medical bills. Even in such dark times, they are still able to stand strong.