Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raid Rewards : Cosmetic Enhancements/arcane Creation Discussion

Deidaku

So theses are gonna be a thing apparently . DE is gonna add enchanting to the game x)

Especially for those like myself  who were here long enough  to witness the end of arcane helmets  : any thoughts?

I don't now what to think about this. On  the one hand hell yeah it's not basic stat attributes , they actually require some skill .But on the other why remove arcane cosmetics to allow us to make our own?

And the greatest question : will they be tradeable after being "arcaned"?

I don't now what to think about this. On  the one hand hell yeah it's not basic stat attributes , they actually require some skill .But on the other why remove arcane cosmetics to allow us to make our own?

My thoughts too, I allways said DE should have made the arcane helmets optional.

.But on the other why remove arcane cosmetics to allow us to make our own?

Because you'll be able to apply what bonuses you want to the items you want, they'll also have to be earned.

Two big issues with the old arcanes is they were available for platinum much, much more easily than they were earned, also a lot of "bonuses" were applied to items that you wanted the appearance of but couldn't use because it was a bad bonus.

My only issue with Arcane helmets was that it forced me to wear helmets I didn't like in order to be most effective.

From the sound of it, this enchantment mechanic will be capable of being done on any cosmetic; they can also be overwritten by other enchantments or removed entirely.  Sounds good to me.

My immediate reaction was:

I hope that they employ this mechanic to make the existing Arcane helmets ''arcaneable'. As many have pointed out before me, it sucks using the Arcane Esssence helm on Loki, but I do every time because energy efficiency. If I could fuse that energy efficiency (at expense of armor) functionality, and fuse it to a different Loki helmet (like the standard prime or that newest one) I would be very happy. 

I'm hoping that you can only use one 'positive proc' at a time. That way, I could burn an enchantment into my helm and be good.

If it's one 'positive proc' per cosmetic piece, I'll feel obligated to wear a syandana and a full set of armour (when this becomes enchantable) at all times, which I don't like. Frames like Mesa don't look good with syandana or armour imo, and I shouldn't be forced to wear them. Cosmetics should stay cosmetic, I remember someone saying once.

Actually, would a potential problem arise if one of the cosmetics benefits the entire team as opposed to just helping yourself? To me, I'd imagine the raid classifications being more strict because people would favor these benefits as opposed to letting us choose our own.

I'm hoping that you can only use one 'positive proc' at a time. That way, I could burn an enchantment into my helm and be good.

If it's one 'positive proc' per cosmetic piece, I'll feel obligated to wear a syandana and a full set of armour (when this becomes enchantable) at all times, which I don't like. Frames like Mesa don't look good with syandana or armour imo, and I shouldn't be forced to wear them. Cosmetics should stay cosmetic, I remember someone saying once.

This was what I was thinking, I don't really like a lot of Syandanas on a lot of frames. Especially now that we have sigils, my Rhino needs to show off his Mastery Sigil back tattoo.