Weapons That Sound...off.

TheBrsrkr

Offenders:

Paris Prime

Latron Family

Opticor

Penta

Ogris

Why? These guns; they are good guns, No one is disputing that. That's not what this is about. But why do they sound so...so.....not right?

Paris Prime sounds like an asthmatic smoker with ephsema and lung cancer horking up a giant lougie and spitting it 50 feet away

The Latron family sounds like varying shades of chew toy

Opticor is okay, but I think it needs a little more oomph for a giant laser

Penta: Explosoins do not sound like that. They just don't.

Ogris: Same problem as Penta. Also, silent to enemies? What?

These weapons all need their respective buffs or whatever, that's not important right now. What is important is that they FEEL powerful. I can't think why I can shoot a GRENADE LAUNCHER and hear what amounts to me as a 6 year old making explosion noises with his mouth... DE, if you buff anything about these weapons, please buff the sound. Please.

I don't really understand the complaint about the latron sounds... Latron prime sounds amazing to me and the vanilla and wraith sound like any other gun.[/quote

Mine doesn't sound badass enough, especially my Latron Prime. Sounds like a silenced BB Gun.

Edited by ROXXXY

I don't really understand the complaint about the latron sounds... Latron prime sounds amazing to me and the vanilla and wraith sound like any other gun.[/quote

Mine doesn't sound badass enough, especially my Latron Prime. Sounds like a silenced BB Gun.

Opinions, opinions.

I don't really understand the complaint about the latron sounds... Latron prime sounds amazing to me and the vanilla and wraith sound like any other gun.

I reckon it's because it's too... "phew phew", like it doesn't give that sharp sound that a strong shot should give, like the Tiberon or maybe the Vectis. Also the Vulkar, it sounds like someone hammering a nail with a coin on top of it.

The change I want the most to is Opticor, the power output and the sound just doesn't fit together. If it sounded something like the Spartan Laser...

I reckon it's because it's too... "phew phew", like it doesn't give that sharp sound that a strong shot should give, like the Tiberon or maybe the Vectis. Also the Vulkar, it sounds like someone hammering a nail with a coin on top of it.

The change I want the most to is Opticor, the power output and the sound just doesn't fit together. If it sounded something like the Spartan Laser...

Yesssssss

I only think that the marelock needs more "umph" for the output it dishes out.

What the Marelok lacks in sound it makes up for in sexy

The Prisma Gorgon!

The best part of the Gorgon family is that powerful, recognizable shot sound. The Prisma's so pretty, but it goes "pew pew" instead of making the Gorgon sound.

I confused more than one Frost with the Gorgon Wraith having them think they let a Gunner into the snowglobe, but I'll never confuse anyone with my pretty little laser blaster.

Edited by Turnoverman

Offenders:

Paris Prime

Latron Family

Opticor

Penta

Ogris

Paris Prime - Actually one of the few bow sounds I enjoy (though the regular Paris sounds better imo - albeit kind of out of place). Though I could understand if others have issues with it - to each his own.

Latrons - Yeah I could get on board with this, especially the Prime.

Opticor - The overall sample is fine but it could definitely use a more powerful low end - a lot of weapons have this problem imo.

Penta - The thing about the Penta is, imo its firing sound is fitting of the weapon - but when it first came out we anticipated it would be a little more like conventional grenade launchers in its mechanics, and thus would fire in straighter arcs and make more of a THUNK sound rather than a click.

Ogris - It's an older weapon (that will be undergoing changes soon hopefully) so its qualities are more or less placeholders at the moment.

So no one is complaining about boar prime or tysis? Why must opinions differ....

Offenders:

Paris Prime

Latron Family

Opticor

Penta

Ogris

Why? These guns; they are good guns, No one is disputing that. That's not what this is about. But why do they sound so...so.....not right?

Paris Prime sounds like an asthmatic smoker with ephsema and lung cancer horking up a giant lougie and spitting it 50 feet away

These weapons all need their respective buffs or whatever, that's not important right now. What is important is that they FEEL powerful. I can't think why I can shoot a GRENADE LAUNCHER and hear what amounts to me as a 6 year old making explosion noises with his mouth... DE, if you buff anything about these weapons, please buff the sound. Please.

Latron wraith sounds okay-ish to me since the sound has that semi-automatic feels in it.

-snip-

Penta - The thing about the Penta is, imo its firing sound is fitting of the weapon - but when it first came out we anticipated it would be a little more like conventional grenade launchers in its mechanics, and thus would fire in straighter arcs and make more of a THUNK sound rather than a click.

-snip-

The launching sound itself is okay with me, but it just builds you up to the disappointment of the actual explosion sound.

So no one is complaining about boar prime or tysis? Why must opinions differ....

I think Boar Prime could use some more oomph with sound, but I don't like Boar Prime in general (probably because I don't have Shotgun Ammo Mutation)

This is a Feedback -> Audio sort of thread.

Weapon sounds are definitely a divisive factor. Latron Prime's sound, for instance, has undergone a hundred different iterations, and never been anywhere near universally-liked. I don't mind it, but that's because I run Blast damage, and the sounds seems appropriate for splattering goons into blue ink.

deciding what Penta and Ogris should exactly sound like is vague at best.

a Plasma based Grenade Launcher.

a Detonite based Rocket Launcher.

both are... pretend things.

a Plasma Explosion... is it really even an Explosion? seems more like a small Explosive Charge would be in there at best, but mostly it would be like a can of beans on a stove until it pops. just spraying Plasma everywhere, melting whatever it touches.

Detonite.... my best guess is it's based off of Nitroglycerin. some sort of magic volatile liquid the Grineer use for Explosives. probably sounds like a traditional Explosion i guess. but who really knows.

i like Latron Prime, though Latron / Wraith, not quite as much. i like the idea of the sound, but idunno, it doesn't quite sound 'beefy' enough for my tastes. lowering the Frequency range of it's audio would probably solve that. like, just take all of the audio values, and lower them all an equal amount. that should make it sound just a bit beefier.

again, Opticor, like the Explosive Weapons, is... extremely subjective. these are things that don't really exist, therefore sounds for them don't really exist.

Paris Prime isn't all i have an issue with. i am not a fan of the sound of Dread firing much either.

but, once again, these are made up Weapons. deciding what they should sound like is hard when it doesn't really exist.

those look like Bows, but the Description for things like Paris suggest some sort of hinged magnetic system, which Bows certainly don't use today.

deciding what Penta and Ogris should exactly sound like is vague at best.

a Plasma based Grenade Launcher.

a Detonite based Rocket Launcher.

both are... pretend things.

a Plasma Explosion... is it really even an Explosion? seems more like a small Explosive Charge would be in there at best, but mostly it would be like a can of beans on a stove until it pops. just spraying Plasma everywhere, melting whatever it touches.

Detonite.... my best guess is it's based off of Nitroglycerin. some sort of magic volatile liquid the Grineer use for Explosives. probably sounds like a traditional Explosion i guess. but who really knows.

i like Latron Prime, though Latron / Wraith, not quite as much. i like the idea of the sound, but idunno, it doesn't quite sound 'beefy' enough for my tastes. lowering the Frequency range of it's audio would probably solve that. like, just take all of the audio values, and lower them all an equal amount. that should make it sound just a bit beefier.

again, Opticor, like the Explosive Weapons, is... extremely subjective. these are things that don't really exist, therefore sounds for them don't really exist.

Paris Prime isn't all i have an issue with. i am not a fan of the sound of Dread firing much either.

but, once again, these are made up Weapons. deciding what they should sound like is hard when it doesn't really exist.

those look like Bows, but the Description for things like Paris suggest some sort of hinged magnetic system, which Bows certainly don't use today.

Plasma is superheated gas, which makes crackling sounds as millions of small explosions happen when the air around it heats up and combusts. - note, I made this up and did not bother to consult the internet about the accuracy of this statement.

Opticor is based on the expectations of laser weapons we hear in movies.

Real bows sound unrealistic to non-archers.

Buzlok has the most satisfying sound of all warframe weapons.

Edited by Caliocerion

Offenders:

Paris Prime

Latron Family

Opticor

Penta

Ogris

Tiberon doesnt sound wierd,

Wait, is Tiberon counted in the Latron family