Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are We Even Doing?

Midas

So why are we here? What are we doing? Think about it. Place yourself in first person you awake from a cryopod then start killing people randomly, don't you wanna know whats going on? Who is the Lotus? WHAT ARE WE EVEN? Honestly tell us everything now. Everything is so unfamiliar, lets learn about ourselves and then choose a decision on where we stand? Maybe we had a goal, a reason why we killed the Orokin? We need answers before further assessing ourselves please. By now we should literally be going insane without knowledge of ourselves? Now do you want to know all this? Who you were? Before all this?

Suggest you familiarize yourself with some of the already existing backstory.

Not everything is uncovered, but some things you ask, are.

It's all out of place though :/ we need everything

DE can we atleast have story time?

So why are we here? What are we doing? Think about it. Place yourself in first person you awake from a cryopod then start killing people randomly, don't you wanna know whats going on? Who is the Lotus? WHAT ARE WE EVEN? Honestly tell us everything now. Everything is so unfamiliar, lets learn about ourselves and then choose a decision on where we stand? Maybe we had a goal, a reason why we killed the Orokin? We need answers before further assessing ourselves please. By now we should literally be going insane without knowledge of ourselves? Now do you want to know all this? Who you were? Before all this?

did you do the tutorial quest? fill up your codex. pay attention to the transmissions in game, then ask all of this.  the lore we have is dribbled throughout the game. 

It's all out of place though :/ we need everything

DE can we atleast have story time?

:s your asking for a completed story in beta stage? with fully developed characters and a intricate storyline? well such high standards people have these days.  see to much of these complaints, you do realize that regardless of how long we are in beta we are still in beta.

Lotus woke me up & Vor tried to kill me, bad 1st impression's he could've said let's have a chat or Alad V could've been like stop let's have a chat but no, Lotus trustworthy till otherwise, sort anything else out as I go, Suda could be a good source. Also I assume every Tenno is from Orokin Era & knew of or took part in the rebellion given they had to be doing something before they went to sleep unless something was done to them. Mostly all Tenno seem to know what they are doing.

Edited by (PS4)ShadowNinja77

i woke up, killed people, got money, space ship and a next generation mutant dog and a space jetpack.

now it seems that im on a quest to find girlfriend, because thats all that is left *still cant chose between valkyr, mesa, and banshe*

but on a serious note....we are keeping this so called ''balance''

and meanwhile we have to fight space mutants, robots, and clones (with their void power obsesed captain)

we discover some parts from the past, and have to listen to lies of Lotus (lotus = illuminati, bush did 9/11)

I'm no philosopher. I'm a genocide machine! One that gets paid! Oh yea!

Fair questions.

However, it's entirely possible that the Cryosleep was an attempt to get away from the past. To start again. To escape the role of the Orokin's greatest weapon and become something distinct. Or it was just part of the plan. Or the closest to peace Tenno can be without destroying themselves.

Maybe all this is just a part of a cycle which might never end.

Yes, the truth and some clarity is nice. However, Truth is a fickle mistress, and she can rather easily undo you. Sometimes there are things we can only recover from by forgetting them. Past is an anchor...or a chain, stopping you from moving forward. Tomorrow is uncertain and so long as the moment is fluid, there is perhaps a chance whatever comes next will be greater than whatever came before.

And even if it can never actually be better than what was...if you can't remember what was, how can you miss it?

Far as I see it...I play a Tenno who's just doing what they can do. They study, they learn...but otherwise they're just finding ways to occupy themselves whilst the pieces are scattered. Maybe today we'll purge an Outbreak. Maybe today we'll end an Invasion. Maybe today we'll acquire data or any number of things. Always in motion though, whatever is decided.

As they say, 'A rolling stone gathers no moss'.