Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sentient Speculation And Theory Discussion Megathread (From The Tennolive "tombs Of The Sentient" Trailer)

Stefanovich

Keith Thompson, the man I'm sure is responsible for the design of the Sentients, has enough creativity on his own that such a scenario I would deem impossible. More likely coincidence, as in similar reasoning leading to similar design.

I was thinking so, just wanted to point out their similarity.

Not meant to bash devs.

If we do assume the Lore we know of the Sentients is to be implimented with them...

Then its likely the Sentients will have abilities to disable 'advanced' weaponry within range of them, like the old stories go. The fact that the Orokin had to use systems called "Zero-Tech" to fight the Sentients would imply a great degree of TACTICAL thinking for us beforehand going into battle with the Sentients when they are released.

This could be an evolution of our habits to stick corrosive damage mods for Corrupted enemies in the void, etc... Except this time, we have to chose our weapons, not just our mods, correctly, otherwise the Sentients could disable them.

Atleast, thats how I see it... ^_^

That's basically what I mean to a degree.  These are suppose to be advance BEINGS.  People keep talking about how this game is DEAD, how this game is REPETITIVE, how this game is BORING.  But every dang time someone comes up with a new idea, they denounce it because they are used to their old ways of playing.  It's freaking mind-boggling.  

So does the lore also say Thou shall spam 4 and energy stores." "Thou shall play the game the same way everytime something new is introduced"  "Thou shall increase enemy level to 40 and so be it."

INB4 "Dude you expect DE to do this in like a week I bet" ...........NO

i have a feeling that inspiration was in some part shared in this situation.

i don't claim to be a complete encyclopedia with legs, so nothing is coming to mind.

but i wouldn't rule out something in Norse or Greek Mythology or other fantastical stories having something to do with them both looking vaguely similar.

could even be two different interpretations of the same fantastical ideal.

From the lore entries alone, I immediately thought of Gorea from Metroid.

Holy crap, you're right. I knew I was forgetting something, the Alimbics.

...Please don't have a secret super weapon sealed behind a colour puzzle. All I ask...

This has been bugging me since I first saw the design of the Sentients: if those are truly the Sentients, why are they missing key details in their design that were established beforehand? For example, during Mirage's quest, Lotus describes Mirage as tearing the heads off of the Sentients as they swarmed. Well, to be blunt, these Sentients quite simply don't have heads that can be torn off. And that weird glowing center doesn't exactly speak to me as being the head of the creature.

Also, what of their worm-ships? Both ship types shown in the reveal trailer lacked any form of worm-like attributes, and the large one especially was missing the detail of rotating disks. 

Either there's a bunch of lore about to retconned, or something's not right.

They evolved?

(The Tenno were in cryosleep for quite a while.)

And even if they are robot energy beings they probably could still adapt/evolve.

(Actually the lore already states that they can adapt/evolve at a rapid rate, being able to use anything the Orokin built against them.)

Edited by Reidmaster

This has been bugging me since I first saw the design of the Sentients: if those are truly the Sentients, why are they missing key details in their design that were established beforehand? For example, during Mirage's quest, Lotus describes Mirage as tearing the heads off of the Sentients as they swarmed. Well, to be blunt, these Sentients quite simply don't have heads that can be torn off. And that weird glowing center doesn't exactly speak to me as being the head of the creature.

Also, what of their worm-ships? Both ship types shown in the reveal trailer lacked any form of worm-like attributes, and the large one especially was missing the detail of rotating disks. 

Either there's a bunch of lore about to retconned, or something's not right.

Also, how does the swarming work.

Edited by AntoineFlemming