The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Think This "brilliant Tactician" Isn't Volt Prime

DJ_Vauban

It means Vauban is the next prime after Volt. This isn't the first time DE has done this. In the teaser of Loki Prime, the ending statement was "Chaos Primed." And who was the prime to follow Loki you ask? None other than Nyx Prime - hence the chaos reference.

Really people they practically handed you the info on a silver platter. 

This is pretty much what I'm expecting to happen, too. Vauban may not be the next Prime, but he most likely is the one 3 months later.

Man I'll be really really really sad if Volt isn't next. I've held out on potatoing volt for like 9 months now because I figured he'd be showing up fairly soon, even though he's one of my favorite 2-3 frames.

Vauban coming next on the other hand? That I'd love. I've already potatoed and forma'd Vauban a bit, but he's nice enough to do it again. Plus I'm not a huge Ash fan, so.

I'd feel bad for people hoping for Ash if Vauban is next though.

If everyone else can't convince you that it's Volt, here's the final nail in the coffin:

Dayum... after watching this i feel nostalgic. I miss that old UI xD

As for the thread... yeah. fully datamined, Volt's rings, Puns after puns at tennolive. It comes as no shock that its volt.

Edited by Lone.Hunter.99

Dayum... after watching this i feel nostalgic. I miss that old UI xD

As for the thread... yeah. fully datamined, Volt's rings, Puns after puns at tennolive. It comes as no shock that its volt.

That was a bad pun and you should feel bad.

livestream video was posted 16 hours ago. go look at the trailer, volt's arm-rings are clearly visible (I don't know why the people in this discussion posted the image they did, there's a shot that blatantly screams volt) and listen to the sound, there's speed sound effect in there.

it's volt prime.

It means Vauban is the next prime after Volt. This isn't the first time DE has done this. In the teaser of Loki Prime, the ending statement was "Chaos Primed." And who was the prime to follow Loki you ask? None other than Nyx Prime - hence the chaos reference.

No, the next prime warframe after Volt will be female, so unless Vauban is a reverse trap, and actually female, it won't be him.

Next male warframe seems more likely.

No, the next prime warframe after Volt will be female, so unless Vauban is a reverse trap, and actually female, it won't be him.

The next prime frame after Volt is going to be male. The Prime rotation is MMFFMMFF etc.

Problem: During Tennolive DE said Volt. Sorry.

Like, they went outright and stated it.

And to crush your doubt... I watched it on Twitch. >:D

And they know about the datamines. Don't you think that they can just troll and put in the misleading file names? Vauban has a rather shocking ability and augment too.

As ShadowCore said, according to reigning prime gender order, as per:

Excalibur Prime, Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Ember Prime, Rhino Prime, Loki Prime, Nyx Prime, Nova Prime, (Volt Prime), (undetermined)...

Male, Male, Female, Female, Male, Male, Female, Female, Male, Male, Female, Female, Male (Volt), Male (undetermined)...

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Said it before, it may infer a lore-based reference where the original Volt was a master tactician and coordinator of frames in the field of combat. Perhaps the term "master strategist" is less confusing.

Let me ask neutral parties this question: which frame makes for a better tactical squadmate, conflicting descriptions be damned?!

Volt IS a tactician. His abilities promote positioning and timing.

And he was confirmed to be the next either way, so I don't really see the point in looking too much into it.

I agree 1000% with you! ^

And yes... *sigh* It's Volt, it even has the Speed sound at the end of the teaser... *facepalm*

And they know about the datamines. Don't you think that they can just troll and put in the misleading file names? Vauban has a rather shocking ability and augment too.

They could do that, but de doesn't have a record for such stunts, and they also would have two files too many for this trick since there are files specifically for volts side rings which count as individual equipment. sure they could have tossed that in for credibility, but it makes the idea this is just a hoax for file names all the less likely. 

combined with the obvious primed version of volt's rings in the prime access preview, and the staffs continuous hints at an electrical theme (not even counting the fact one said it was volt) point very glaringly at volt as the next prime. To say it is any other frame is truly a desperate attempt to grasp at straws. 

Edited by Cubewano

No. Loki is the Norse God of Chaos and Mischief. Volt is considered a tactician. That's why the ending statements are the way they are.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

"Tactician" much like "Choas" always seems to be the hint for the following frame.

Seeing as primes go boy girl.

This just confirmed that Trin is next.

After Volt, of course.

*facepalm*

No. Loki is the Norse God of Chaos and Mischief. Volt is considered a tactician. That's why the ending statements are the way they are.

Whatever you say broskii. I'll see all you lovelies in 3 months - feel free to quote me on it.