Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Chromas New Helm! [Megathread]

XAvICoreZ

I like the new helmet a lot. And I feel sorry for DE's. Make new frame - 50% of community screams "IT'S SHIET!". Remade frame how community wanted - other half of community screams "IT'S SHIET!" . You people very ungrateful. Feels like you never played Korean MMO's where developers don't give two formas about players opinion. So we are pretty lucky 

I like both and I applaud DE's determination to appease the fans. If you think DE doesn't care guys, well the counter argument is right there- in Chroma.

Edited by Darkmoone1

Trinity...x Chroma shipping?

On topic... ADORE ADORE ADORE ADORE. I don't dislike the original, mind you, but I have a thing for fatheaded Monster Hunter-type dragons... and this helmet hits the right spot <3

Well I don't have a big issue with DE changing the helmet, I hope the reasoning behind the change isn't because of the community lashing out on his design.

Maybe this is an alt-helmet. Or the first one they showed will be an alt-helmet for those who want it.

This is more than likely the case. The other helmet was rather detailed, it would be a shame if it was scrapped completely.

I for one actually preferred the other helmet.

No it wasn't it was ugly the fan concepts were better I can see why you like it you got deer man as your profile icon

One man's trash is another man's treasure. One man's treasure is another man's trash. You're welcome to have a differing opinion, but just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to bash/attack another person because they don't share your opinion.

It's subjective. No one is right, no one is wrong. The original helmet is both good looking and ugly; it's all in the eye of the beholder.

It's OK I have no problem with the new look, and yes I suppose the helmet will be made an alternate option, but i have a big problem with the attitude. You can't show your face on a devstream and say that you´ll never rework a design because it's a matter of artistic vision and principle and months later cave in to pressure just like that because as I said it opens up the debate on at least 3 other designs where the majority also wanted a redesign.

Did DE ever say that they would NEVER rework a design?

This is more than likely the case. The other helmet was rather detailed, it would be a shame if it was scrapped completely.

I for one actually preferred the other helmet.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. One man's treasure is another man's trash. You're welcome to have a differing opinion, but just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to bash/attack another person because they don't share your opinion.

It's subjective. No one is right, no one is wrong. The original helmet is both good looking and ugly; it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Doge-senpai has spoken!

It seems like DE gave in to all the scrubs. freakin lame.

So, anyone who doesn't share your opinion is a "scrub". Seems legit.

We found another paragon of tolerance and objectivity it seems.

The facepalm is hard in this one...

Are these forums seriously going to go from bashing him into the mud to loving him like the hate never happened?

The "vast majority" (or so it seems) did not like the helmet.

DE changed it.

The "vast majority" is now "voicing" their contentment.

What's wrong with that? How were they supposed to react?

Edited by Marthrym

I like the new helmet a lot. And I feel sorry for DE's. Make new frame - 50% of community screams "IT'S SHIET!". Remade frame how community wanted - other half of community screams "IT'S SHIET!" . You people very ungrateful. Feels like you never played Korean MMO's where developers don't give two formas about players opinion. So we are pretty lucky 

Ungrateful? the only reason I'm mad is because they went back on their own words, they didn't give a **** about people´s complaints before this (about excalibur prime, frost prime, zephyr, trinity) and now they just run with their tails between their legs because of the megathread.

Are these forums seriously going to go from bashing him into the mud to loving him like the hate never happened?

This statement doesn't make sense.

What are people supposed to do when something they don't like turns into something they do like?

Ungrateful? the only reason I'm mad is because they went back on their own words, they didn't give a **** about people´s complaints before this (about excalibur prime, frost prime, zephyr, trinity) and now they just run with their tails between their legs because of the megathread.

How are you certain that Chroma's original helmet is not his alt helm? Like Nekros was introduced with his Raknis than his standard?

I highly doubt that the original helm is gone

Hey don't look at me! I'm totally going to awknowledge and remember the vitriol I felt when Chroma was unveiled. And I'm gonna continue being critical with the aspects of his design I still don't like (being too cluttered, looking like spaghetti)

But yeah, I went from hate to considering buying him. Because the unveiling made me question the judgement of the art directors, and i'm happy to see that they responded to the negative feedback. All I can hope now is that they don't continue this trend of creating ugly and confusing design, and stay within the aesthetic we know and love.

Also dat butt. I wouldn't have been so angry if I had seen his butt when he was unveiled :3