Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manic Is Worst Than Stalker

CombatantFrost4

Manic spawns at any mission any Level above 19-22. Everyone is forced to play stealth so we dont trigger the manic. However, people who likes to go guns blazing have no choice but to turn off the alarm everytime they fire a few shots.

Seriously, dont let the manic spawn at level 21-25, jsut let him spawn at higher levels. I AM SICK OF HIM

Hint: Avoid level 20 Grineer survivals, He'll attack you once every 5 minutes after the first 5 minute mark.

I do not disagree with your annoyance, he is annoying. His drop rate is rubbish too.

Edited by LazyKnight

What they really need to do is allow his weak point to become slightly more accessible. It is his back, but, unless you have someone else focusing on that point, it is extremely difficult to hit him since he teleports around so much. The health regen wouldn't be so bad either, then.

I like him/her whatever gender it is, it sorta adds a little zest to the game and I find it fun to fight it.  Plus its about time they add a new type of enemy to the grineer that seems more intimidating.  

i don't have any problems with the manic. Actually i kind like him. hes like a sporadic boss in the middle of a normal mission. I wish we had something like him for the corpus. Sorry to all you manic haters out there. 

i don't have any problems with the manic. Actually i kind like him. hes like a sporadic boss in the middle of a normal mission. I wish we had something like him for the corpus. Sorry to all you manic haters out there. 

You play solo, or in a group? That will greatly affect your opinion. I mean, I solo mainly, and I do like him, but he does need a tweak for solo play.

Edited by R34LM

What they really need to do is allow his weak point to become slightly more accessible. It is his back, but, unless you have someone else focusing on that point, it is extremely difficult to hit him since he teleports around so much. The health regen wouldn't be so bad either, then.

What they really need to do is get rid of the invincibility phase.

Manics are too punishing for people using the appropriate gear in level 20s.

If there is anything that will get new players to not play this game any further, it will be the manics.

Edited by Rakshal

hes both fun and anoying, hes fun because he can kick your &#!. anoying cuz he stays invisable alot and refuses to die after lvl 35. (still can but its takes a while, i mean if you go to like ceres and fight a manic and boss same time, the boss will die and manic is the real boss there)

You play solo, or in a group? That will greatly affect your opinion. I mean, I solo mainly, and I do like him, but he does need a tweak for solo play.

i solo mostly also, and i think hes easier in solo because he charges just at you and you shot him or smack him, while with a team hes more all over.

If he is meant to be a miniboss, he needs to have his drop table revised so he drops some better loot and his drop rates altered so he drops this loot more often. 

Stalker is easier to kill than the manic grineer, and stalker was meant to be a miniboss of sorts.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I often play in solo, and to further test him i tried in the simulacrum 2 lvl90 manic, defeat them with loki, rhino, volt, trin, mag and chroma, i was never defeated, you need to move yourself a lot and avoid him, it's not so difficult, but it requires a bit of skill

I often play in solo, and to further test him i tried in the simulacrum 2 lvl90 manic, defeat them with loki, rhino, volt, trin, mag and chroma, i was never defeated, you need to move yourself a lot and avoid him, it's not so difficult, but it requires a bit of skill

Outside the simulacrum, if you're fighting a lvl90 manic, you're also dealing with lvl 90 heavy units, trash mobs, and probably a few drahk/drahk masters which makes it significantly harder.

Now add 6 other enemies in there with you and then call that a typical grineer run.

Now go kill all of them

Manics have a similar problem to Napalms and Bombards.

They do too much damage for the appropriate level of the players they are facing where they first appear.

Players first arriving at level 20+ Grineer areas are not really equipped to fight Napalms, Bombards, or Manics.

This problem is doubled when considering the massive damage these units do.

Of course once the players become "endgame pro" the Manic stops mattering much like Bombards and (sometimes) Napalms do.

It's really just a problem with how enemies scale and how warframes scale.

Overall I think the unit is fine but its damage curve needs some adjusting so it doesnt frustrate newer/weaker players.

Overall I think the unit is fine but its damage curve needs some adjusting so it doesnt frustrate newer/weaker players.

They do enough damage at level 20, and it is possible they should not be a NPC affected the by the level scaling curve. They have enough gimmicks at level 20 to be dangerous to a solo'r. For a group, their level should be tied to either conclave or number of players. 

The reason I bring this up, They have too much health at high levels for people to burst down, without top-end weapons like Brakk. They also heal, making them the type of NPCs that can not be whittled down if you lack the dps solo, or if your group is poor. Everything they do does absurd damage the only time they are fun to fight is when they are alone.

Edit: I can deal with level 90s in the simulator. 

Edited by LazyKnight

The problem I have is that nearly every time I've seen a manic, they always instantly go into their invincibility phase after getting hit with anything, no matter how much or how little damage it does. Then they stealth, run away, get their health back, and then attack again. And this repeats. For like 5 minutes, just waiting for the time they finally stop going freaking invincible every time they get hit.

Okay, so dear players present here - I like challenge. I have no problem with that, that's not why I want the manic gone.
Dear DE, what I HATE and LOATH and cannot express how stupid I think it is is your idea of challenge. You tend to think that simply hindering/annoying the player is what challenge is apparently. Invulnerable enemies, attacks you can't defend against (one-shotting snipers ignoring the fact that they shouldn't be able to constantly hit a fast-moving target, energy leeches that take your energy, no matter what you do, etc.), enemies ignoring our powers. Freakin' no. Use logic. You yourselves said the Tenno wield powers that the other factions covet so much. Why is that then that 90% of enemies we meet actually vastly outpower us, ignore our powers, etc? That makes no sense. They shrug off our best abilities like it's only a lightshow. R'You bein' serious? It's not something new that even bosses should be affected by abilities (even WOW does that and that game is practically the oldest mmorpg! so it shouldn't be such surprise) - if you just make them get slowed by Bastille etc. it's already worth casting it, yet the boss is still not out of the picture easily. Why can't you do that? It's easy as 1+1.
Okay, I'm not doubting your ability to do it, more like your intentions. I get the feeling that the focus moved from making a good game to making more and more grindwalls.

Edited by K_Shiro

That *@##$ doesn't seem too tough until you find out that it's only vulnerable to weak weapons. Upon taking heavy damage it goes invincible, gives you an instant death slash proc and laughs its &#! off as it @(*()$ despawns, both taking a revive and denying you the loot.