Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many People Actually Use Channeling?

MurderHoboDinosaur

Almost never

Useful in infested infinite mission to take down quickly ancient healers

But otherwise energy is much more useful for frame abilities

With charge attacks coming back (soon TM), they should get rid of it

Though visual effects with targis & edo prime armors are nice, wish we had an option to activate the visual effect permanently (constant weapon trail affects only weapon)

i usually use it, i like to go full melee with some frames and channeling is a good way to increase ur dmg input tbh. The disadvantage is energy consumption but i dont usually run out of energy unless i overextend so much.

I've tried a Channeling build on my Dual Zoren some time ago, it was okay, but IMO the weapon switch speed is too slow for any kind of efficient use of melee channeling unless you want to run constantly with a melee in your hands.

Warframe lacks some flexible weapon switching to keep up with its fast paced gameplay.

I use it maybe 75% of the time. I have channeling weapons: Scoliac, Galatine, Hate, Venka, Dagon Nikana and Tonbo.

The regular damage ones: Scindo Prime, Dex Dakras, Ankyros Prime ( channeling on these will empty your pool in a blink), Dual Ichors, on these i wil channel only 1 or 2 hits for life strike.

I like channeling and i do build for it, not just the weapon but the frame as well. It is a viable way to play the game and surprinsingly you can do well even is end game if you know how to synergise with your frame skills. One perfect example for that is Saryn with Regenerative molt +rage, get hit a few time to get energy, pop molt to get some aggro away from you and you regen while cleaving your way through the cround with a channling Scoliac.

Oberom, Valkyr, Rhino, Chroma, even Zephyr  does very well in pure melee channeling damage.

Edited by Bacl

I use on my galatine when i have on (energy channel mod) i think thats it gives 40% efficiency and 60% eletric. It only cost my galatine 3 energy for a 50% increase in damg.....how is that not usefull when hi hit for 950 slash and 750 corrosive someone please tell me? I will say most of the channel modes are useless because there is to much negative to do it.

I feel they should make a separate mod section for it so you dont have to take away from a weapon. Its not as if it is realy part of thr weapon, its more like the speakers in a car there not used unless you choice too. I say a section for 4 mods only for it woupd make it balanced and keep it purposeful. If they re-add charge attacks a player could still use both if they desired.

Besides if they removed channeling what about all the accessories that get added light effects. would they have to be on all the time? It would be best to keep in game i believe.

As many people as there are who understand its benefits.

Can't deal with ranged targets and stamina is totally wack in this game, so blocking gets a B- from me at best.

The biggest issue for me is weapon switch time, if I could whip out my melee on the fly when closing I would use it A LOT more than I do. As it stands it seems to take an eternity to switch from primary, to melee, and back again. I would actually use my Melee equipped and not only the quick attack if that weren't the case. As I feel I must constantly choose between one or the other, or sacrifice really useful auras/mods to switch faster... no I think I'll just keep using quick attack most the time. The most useful thing about melee weapons is their benefit to general movement which can be applied without actively equipping them.

I might revisit the whole concept if PvP ever gets worked out to my liking, but as it stands I still consider the PvP in this game as a work in progress.

I use channeling for slide-attacks and life-strike.

I could careless about the damage bonus it gives because of how combo's damage meter works. About the only time I find it is worth using, is on the first strike of a combo or for a ground attack.

Yes, I do know how that damage works from channeling, it's just is too much of a energy glutton for most situations.

Edited by LazyKnight

I could careless about the damage bonus it gives because of how combo's damage meter works. About the only time I find it is worth using, is on the first strike of a combo or for a ground attack.

Uh, it multiplies the already combo-boosted damage by a further multiplier (1.5 at base.)  You should care even more about it when you have a combo bonus going because you're getting an even bigger return from your 5 energy.  

Uh, it multiplies the already combo-boosted damage by a further multiplier (1.5 at base.)  

I know this, seriously read the line you didn't quote i said i know how it works.

It's not complicated it drains energy and I would prefer not waste 1-5 energy every hit for a 1.5x modifier.

Channeling requires me to have the Melee 'deployed' - so i don't and can't use it.

plenty of features there that would be great if it wasn't 'be psychic or fighting Enemies that can't hurt you' in order for these Melee Systems to be practical.

many great strikes in those button mashing combo's - except, how am i supposed to know i need a specialized strike in the middle of those combo's before it happens?

the situation for Melee changes several times a second, and it takes about that much time to swing ONCE for some Melee's.

so then, how exactly is a Player supposed to play skilfully and use the appropriate strikes at the appropriate times?

the answer ofcourse, being that you either don't, or the Enemies are all CC balled already anyways, and you're just mopping them up.

GOOD Melee provides all of the Tools you might ever need at your disposal. if you need this, or that, or the or the thing, you can do it, right now.

reducing the 'spammability' of certain things that would be considered easymode if you could spam - limiting such things by hiding it behind several seconds of Animation Lock is ridiculous. just actually limit how often the Player can use them, so that if they need it they can use it, but can't use it absolutely constantly.

this increases the skill ceiling of the gameplay - allowing the Player to be... well, skilled. manipulating and defeating their Enemies with the Tools they have available to them.

instead, what we have right now, is just 'mash Melee a bunch of times for long winded complicated Animations that Kill Enemies slower than just hitting them over and over anyways'.

even if Warframe transitioned over to just a two button Melee System, Skill ceiling would already explode. from the current 'Player Skill is irrelevant' to 'it matters somewhat'.

sadly, Warframe's Melee is a far cry from games that give more mind to skillful play with Melee - giving Players many Tools, and then challenging them to use those Tools.

the things that allow Players to use Melee past Enemies that can't hurt you at all - are crutches that the Melee Player must rely on to compensate for how ineffective and inflexible the Tools they have been given to Kill with are.

Edit:

the Animations look pretty, but putting them to use is not a matter of Skill, and that makes the entire system feel single dimensioned.

Edited by taiiat

I know this, seriously read the line you didn't quote i said i know how it works.

It's not complicated it drains energy and I would prefer not waste 1-5 energy every hit for a 1.5x modifier.

Your wording suggested that it gave less damage than expected, which is why I replied with clarification.

Your wording suggested that it gave less damage than expected, which is why I replied with clarification.

I use channeling for slide-attacks and life-strike.

Yes, I do know how that damage works from channeling, it's just is too much of a energy glutton for most situations.

Line 2:

I do not care about the damage, if i need damage I'll use something that will stun lock with combos. I did not say it was too low or unexpected. Base channeling only starts of the combo chain 1.5 and acts as an additive function accelerating the starting point. Channeling gives instant damage for first strike and is always useful. 

Line 3 is clarifying that statement.

No line I said even hinted I though it gave less damage than expected.

I have blocked you I have zero interest in having any more discussion with you.

Edited by LazyKnight