The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Need More Love!

LunarFlower

A couple of 'coming soon' things here:

- We're experimenting with giving Kubrows their own Sanctuary mod - if things go well it'll happen sooner rather than later.

- Daily DNA Detox limits will be removed (no more 'you've reached your daily limit of DNA Detoxifiers'). This means you can catch up faster on healing them if you've missed a couple days or more instead of relogging in the next day just to heal, and so forth.

Ongoing topics of discussion:

- Stasis Sickness.

A brief update from the desk of Kubrow.

The fact that you are discussing it means a lot.

Thank You.

^This.  Thank you DE for discussing Kubrows!  I'm glad to know that they haven't been forgotten.

I haven't forgotten mine, even though I don't see them very often (they're all in stasis).

whiteshadowfox.jpg

( This as a more open suit { Revealing less vulnerable parts of the body, maybe having the visor retracted a bit and made to look more corpus-like to the Corpus addition)

Please add more ideas and give Kubrow some love, maybe the Devs will look and do something, I mean they are going to make Plat if they make these accessories and that's what they want when it comes down to it, right?

I also am sad to see my Kubrow sleeping on the cold metal ground of his Incubator, our Kubrow are our companions and the Lisette is their home. They should have some necessities such as a comfy Kubrow-Bed and a Bowl of water and food. I would like to see these added too at some point.  

i would rather love to have some kind of zanuka instead of the 8 kubrows in my fridge

sVmfdDX.png

Edited by LazerSkink

Once again, putting forth my opinion: Tenno should be REWARDED for taking good care of a pet, not PUNISHED for not maintaining maximum care (the "buff" is actually a threat of a nerf in disguise). Kubrow need a growth system that is based on how consistent/well they treat their Kubrows. This is the primary appeal of pets. DE has missed the point of having them...slapping on a copy of the sentinel system treats them like equipment, and the equipment functions less efficiently than sentinels, so most people reject them.

Edited by weirdee

- We're experimenting with giving Kubrows their own Sanctuary mod - if things go well it'll happen sooner rather than later.

- Daily DNA Detox limits will be removed (no more 'you've reached your daily limit of DNA Detoxifiers'). This means you can catch up faster on healing them if you've missed a couple days or more instead of relogging in the next day just to heal, and so forth.

- Stasis Sickness.

I still don't like this "virtual-pet" aspect of them.

The idea that I could lose my 4-forma'd Blue and Black Lotus Kubrow just because I wouldn't be able to login to my PS4 to put it in Statis would really really suck. It's a pretty harsh loss, especially if it were to happen because of something being out of your control. If the nexus app could let me manage Kubrows that might help balance that aspect of them.

Even with that idea of being able to manage Kubrows via your phone, that still doesn't fix Stasis Sickness. Unless you're willing to pay up plat, it completely removes the tactical aspect of loadouts or even Kubrows with different abilities. I only use one Kubrow type, just because it doesn't make sense to use the others.

If you really want to make them feel like virtual-pets, then do it by feeding them temporary power ups or something. But right now, as much as I like Kubrows, they seem to have a few mechanics that are just out of place.

IS THIS A MOD!? I WANT THAT!!! I WANT IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Nope, just a little photo-shopped image I made a while back, I couldn't help but post it xD.

But yeah I agree with OP Kubrows should get a bit more attention in terms of cosmetics and gameplay.

- Stasis Sickness.

How about removing the DNA Detox? The reason most people don't use Kubrows is because of the maintenance... Sentinels on the other hand don't have a downside and are way more useful(carrier).

2amwo99.png

See just one thing like this would be awesome. Throw out the dna stabilizers, affection, and just have one of these.

What might be interesting is to have one of these per faction. So we would have a six versions all together, including sentiant. Which would leave six roles to choose from or allow for mix and match abilities. Though that would mean that kubrow ability mods would have to be a drop. Not having them as a drop would be a kind gesture to the drop table.

Edited by Postal_pat

- Stasis Sickness.

These are good starts I guess. I don't think they should be able to die, though. Ordis should put them in emergency stasis or something. I lost a Kubrow that I paid plat to get the imprint for because I had a lot of overtime at work and didn't have time to come on. I will never use a Kubrow again until this is changed, which is unfortunate because I actually really liked them.

My changes I'd like to see as a person who ONLY uses a Kubrow and loves him to death (Gral is my best buddy).

- No DNA degradation. We're space ninjas. Shouldn't have to shoot up our Kubrows with magic juice every day to keep em healthy. MAYBE once a week, we hang up an IV or something to keep them at 100% for the week.

- Petting your Kubrow increases Loyalty still, but, so does taking them on a successful mission. Time spent with Kubrow should increase their loyalty, and you should be able to raise loyalty with a mission complete at any time. Petting, still limit it to 3 times a day.

- Be able to consign Kubrow to the Lotus from stasis, as well as get a preview of all of the selected Kubrow's stats/appearance.

-No stasis wait time, or, if you -must- have a negative, make it so that we can still use the Kubrow immediately, but, maybe they're slower/do less damage for an hour while they're recovering. If you're gonna shake off a cold sleep, you need to keep moving.

Edit: Saw this in a lower post, figured I'd add it to my list and touch it up a bit.

- When Sahasa and Sunika Kubrows use their Ferocity and Savagery, enemies should take damage from the Kubrow and should not be invincible to damage from players.

- Sunika's special mod doesn't really serve a useful purpose outside of Capture missions. Perhaps include the ability to mark an enemy and have the Sunika use the pin on them?

Edited by Cradicias

- Stasis Sickness.

People in this thread saying "OMG STASIS SICKNESS WTF DE DON'T DO THIS" don't realize that stasis sickness already exists in the game (that's the 3 hour wait time, people)

If you remove this, It will fix the Kubrow situation a bit, although they'll still be a major annoyance.

Just listen to this guy below, this is what I wanted you to do since U14 shipped. It makes more sense and fixes all the issues.

I would humbly request that you reverse the order of DNA stabilization loss and Loyalty loss

Have the DNA Stabalization loss occur if the Kubrow dies on a mission and is not revived.

Have loyalty Loss occur on a daily basis.

This way people who look after their Kubrows won't have to pay through the nose for their upkeep, only pay for deaths. Oh, and I'll take mine out of stasis.

-snip-

I think a couple of things we are waiting for is:

- Kubrow armour

- Ways to change how a Kubrow fights, IE runs off, stays close, fights aggressively or defensively, and If possible a system to choose what enemy types a Kubrow will prioritise targetting.

- A more long term solution to DNA degradation, IE able to set automatic stasis and/or automatic stabiliser usage.

- Making a system where the Kubrow avoids your line of sight unless actively attacking an enemy (IE doesn't stand in front of you while you're trying to shoot).

- Allowing us to damage an enemy that is being held by the Kubrow. - Kind of defeats the purpose if the enemy is invincible to you while your Kubrow is holding them.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

- Stasis Sickness.

Yeah, no, still forcing me to keep the kubrow from decaying isn't going to convince me to let them out of stasis.

I'd much rather have an expensive option to "stabilize" them to no longer need detox.

I wouldn't mind if they added a second Kubrow quest into the game, maybe you have to have a level 30 Kubrow first before it unlocks.  Or hatched two of them, dunno.  A mission to find a way to permanently stabilize them.

I mean, isn't that what Tyl Regor is trying to do? Find a cure for cloneitis?  Maybe we can raid his lab or something.

DE, do you even know why so many players despise Kubrows?

Batdogs are in a bad place now and we need more control over every stage of the process.

- We can only farm one egg at the time

- RNG decides what type of Kubrow will hatch and imprint system is not explained enough 

- If I hatch the type I already have - into puppy blender it goes. 

- We can't switch between Kubrows easily. Also, we never experience our pets to play with each other, not enough space on the ship but what about relays? Seeing them interact with other players K9s would be an improvement.

- No Kubrow should ever die. Hybernation and very high awakening costs would seem like enough motivation to keep it alive and ready to action.

Overall, sentinels are always a better choice. Spacedogs seem like an abandoned project for a reason. I was not a fan of putting them into Warframe as I feared for dog fights being the next step. I hate when games pokemonize just to make us care for virtual pets.

Kubrows were a mistake, but since they are here to stay make them good, for the health of the game.

- Stasis Sickness.

I managed to get 1 of each, so i scratched my compleationist itch. Havnt used them since, im too worried that i might get distracted for a few days and they die so i leave them in stasis, and i generally only play for short bursts, so theres never realy much point in tawing them :)

I'd love to see a change to stasis, even if it just moved the stasis timer to when you store a kubro :)