Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: Super-Forma

R34LM

i'd rather super forma be able to add multiple polarities to a single slot.

^This or some sort of an omni slot like Tymerc said or hell even being able to forma a slot twice with a normal forma putting two polarities on it would be great.

I'd love to have added flexibility by adding more forma to something.

A higher level forma that eats up regular forma (that would ordinarily just sit around unused) as component fodder would be nice. With all of the Orokin Cells, Control Modules, and Forma Blueprints abounding, this could easily give these large 'resource pools' a way to be drained.

Seems rather abusable. Acquire a bunch of these on something that's easy to work with, then spam them onto the newest frame to get instant max.

The whole concept of the forma to begin with is the rather ancient gaming concept of "tiering"... starting over from level 0, but being stronger when you reach max level, as a way to encourage players to keep playing things they love, rather than just abandoning them after maxing them out.

This idea demolishes that as a "I want more power now!" kind of thing. What's the real point?

no one wants to just play and level their stuff like a normal person anymore

all bout dem shortcuts

This, or it could make it into an Omni slot of sorts that changes it shape to accommodate any Mod(s) you put into it.

Why not just have a regular forma able to apply such a polarity?

It would make sense as an option--a polarity that doesn't match anything in the game, but doesn't hinder anything either. Have it be adjusted downward--things use 3/4 value(or, in the case of auras, give 4/3rds value), instead of a full halving(or for auras, doubling) effect.

This wouldn't be the ideal candidate(you get more bang for your buck by actually matching polarities), but it would still be useful(a slightly cheaper slot that's versatile could be quite helpful on several things). You won't get the most power possible by using this, but you will get a lot of adaptability.

Ç Considero que ademas de que incluyan una forma doble o superforma se deberia incluir tambien la cuestion de que se deberia eliminar la cuestion de tener que levear de nuevo cada ves que se introdusca una nueva forma a un warframe 

o a un arma porque asi las personas estarian motivadas a meterles formas  a cada rato a sus armas o warframes y asi se reduciria el nivel de renuencia a mejorar las cosas dentro del juego porque eso desfavorece el juego ademas de que no tiene ningun proposito adicional en si para nada Ç 

Ç believe that in addition to including a double form or superform should also include the question of who should eliminate the problem of having to levear again whenever a new way to enter a Warframe

or a gun, because then people are motivated ways to throw all the time to your guns or warframes and therefore the level of reluctance is reduced to improve things in the game because it discourages the game, plus it has no purpose additional itself to anything Ç

Edited by gustavocontreraz

I voted yes in the hot topics, because I hate the (apply forma - lose build - relevel item) cycle. But in my opinion the superforma or primed forma should be used to polarize clean slots without losing any levels, normal (old) forma should be used to change the polarity of an already polarized slot. This won't be too OP and would fit in the current system.

This, or it could make it into an Omni slot of sorts that changes it shape to accommodate any Mod(s) you put into it.

Omni Slots. Thats Great. I rather Do that than adding 2 polarity slots, since sometimes you have multiple builds but your polarities don't match because of your forma. (ex, Elemental damage, Adding Cold damage (mod with D polarity) but in the other build you have a -- so it does not fit.)

How about..

Having different types of Forma, tiers of different strengths, gated behind having to use them in order of rank.

Copper Forma > Silver Forma Golden Forma > Prime Forma 

(For a total of 6 additional Polarity slots, save from power creeping? 6 might be overkill :3)

1st (Copper) Forma Adds 1 Polarity, Weapon is Reset

2nd (Silver) Forma Adds 2 Additional Polarity Slots, Weapon is Reset

3rd (Golden) Forma Adds 3 Additional Polarity Slots, Weapon is Reset

4th (Prime) Forma Adds 1 Augment Mod Slot, Weapon is Reset

5th Starts over at Copper? If anyone even needs more than that? lol idk just spitballin here!

Each subsequent tier having more of the same resources/time to craft, since they add more polarities per level, making each releveling of the weapon/frame feel stronger and seem more meaningful. 

Adding the Augment Mod Slot at the end would require most of the current Augments to be overhauled, buffed or changed outright. Otherwise no one would bother with leveling a weapon 3 times with each subsequent Forma. Sad to say but most of the current augments aren't augments at all, just a waste of a mod slot. 

Well, something like this? Maybe just keep it at 1 Polarity per Forma, but somewhere along all that leveling and forma'ing add a Augment Slot for crying out loud. 

(Just don't call it a Super-Forma)

I'd like a super forma that give 2 new slots rather than 1, but still resets it. Perhaps building it could require 2 regular forma. This would be a nice thing for when you want to add more than 1 new polarity.

Another thing i thought recently was to have something like a super forma which when added would allow another 'actions' menu where you could change any existing polarities. This would work like a catalyst, and wouldn't add new polarities or reset rank. This would be useful as the new augments are adding new ways to mod your gear, but sometimes you've got alot of the wrong polarities.

I love the idea of this "Super-Forma." Maybe it could polarize one slot to have 2 polarities? Or maybe polarize one slot without having to reset. However, if this does end up existing, how do you think we would be able to acquire it? Overall though, I love this idea.

I would much rather have a blueprint that somehow combines forma.

like forma lvl 2 requires 2 forma's and lets you change 2 polarities. 

Forma lvl 3 allows 3 polarity changes.

This would drasticly reduce the time needed to relevel all those weapons, while keeping the forma as a cost.

I like this idea. Players still need to acquire the necessary materials, but this takes a lot of the really tedious grind out of the equation. Every time I want to try out a new weapon on a serious level, I'm really sick of having to spending a day grinding on whatever the best EXP map currently is as I level it to max 5 or so times. This game is so full of neat weapons and it's very irritating to have collected all the resources necessary to make lower tier weapons viable but having to dump even more time into the game just to be able to have a little fun with them.

I also like the idea of a very high mastery rank "gate" to these super forma. A lot of us sitting at whatever the highest mastery is have earned our keep, how about letting us use forma like these to bypass a grind we've done a million times, already?

lol. does anybody remembered why we moved from good'old rainbow builds to new damage 2.0?

While as a player, I certainly welcome it (because super-all-generic equipment, there is only ONE way to forma), in the long run, it is probably a sweet poison (because super-all-generic-equipment, removes 'choice'.) And I really don't like another idea of super-hard-to-get-and-craft blah blah. Potatoes (that only comes in alert) I can accept. Prime parts etc is already troublesome (super grindy).  Yet another WTH resource/component? No thank you.

As a more likely-to-be-accepted-by-dev 'lesser' goal, a new slot/polarity system that uses counting so that the 3 configurations can have same set of polarities in different position could be good.