Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Interesting Facts That You Think People Aren't Aware Of?

Chub_N_Tuck

Well, I sometimes think about hitting that "head" on a mob, like corpuses,corrupted,Grineer and Infested but i go for a faster way to punch them :O, like... the "elements" on the game, viral damage to make them weaker (on HP) and stuff :)

Hmmm:

The initial Explosion of Hydroids Tentacle Swarm does not apply Pilfering Swarm and is overall weaker because it does magnetic while the tentacles do True (Finisher) Damage.

This makes building a pilfering Hydroid with short power duration extremely inefficient.

Currently Grineer ignore any inaccuracy mechanic applied to them, including recent detection debuffs and Zephyrs Turbulence.

Vaubans Vortext augment actually isn't useless and stupid as many people say, if it worked better

Oberon is an amazing Frame against infested, as his guaranteed Radiation Procs will dispel the buff of ancient healers and his hallowed ground causes proc immunity

Raid Rewards aren't actually that bad.

Kubrows are amazing.... a amazing way to make plat

Rolling reduces damage, no exceptions.  [size=1]It also makes you immune to knockdown.[/size]

What do if on fire?  Stop drop and roll.

What do if bleeding?  Stop drop and roll.

What do if about to get hit by Bombard rocket?  Stop drop and roll.

When wall-running, to switch between two walls your crosshair has to be on the destination wall when you land. Lots and lots and lots of frustrated players, even high rank players, who feel like switching walls is bugged or not working. 

If you jump -> slide your character goes into a dropkick pose. This is an actual attack. It causes an irresistible knockdown which interrupts enemies if you successfully hit them with it. Very effective for taking on heavy Grineer and Shield Lancers with melee as you can jump from outside their range and knock them down before they can do a knockdown move on you, then you can execute them while they're on the ground. With practice, you can jump -> slide kick -> hit the button again to cancel the slide and land on you feet right on top of the mob you knocked down, to immediately execute it.

Sliding in mid air changes your direction, even if your character doesn't rotate. Difficult to type an example, but basically if you want to jump out and then fall back towards where you came from, you just hop -> rotate your camera -> hit slide in the new direction. There are quite a few tiles where I do this regularly, such as the big open Corpus ship tile with the two elevators and the walkway down below. You can hop off the upper area and slide back in towards the lower area, rather than falling to the ground floor and climbing.

You can queue the weapon swap key's commands. Like if you go from rifle to melee, you can hold the key to go back to guns and tap it real quick while the melee weapon is put away. It will add that tap to the queue as if you swapped weapons and you will go directly from melee to pistol, instead of having to swap to rifle first.

Rolling reduces damage, no exceptions.  It also makes you immune to knockdown.

What do if on fire?  Stop drop and roll.

What do if bleeding?  Stop drop and roll.

What do if about to get hit by Bombard rocket?  Stop drop and roll.

^

OMG this.

I am still the only player I've ever seen roll through bombard rockets and lanka rounds in void. It works so well. Preventing knockdown is harder and I'm not sure that part is even intentional. It seems to be the way the game is willing or unwilling to override animations at various points. Sometimes blast procs still lay me out when rolling through bombard rockets. Sometimes they don't.

You can actually knock down most enemies by dragon-kicking them

It also does a little bit of damage. Assuming an enemy is wounded enough, you can actually kill them with this.

I've killed Gunners and Bombards with flying kicks.

Mine is that the heads of Corpus Moa are not their cameras, but in fact it's the attachments on their backs.

Actually, the thing on their backs is their power supply/fanny pack. It does 3x the damage there, but their "heads" are below their turret, which does 2x damage.

When wall-running, to switch between two walls your crosshair has to be on the destination wall when you land. Lots and lots and lots of frustrated players, even high rank players, who feel like switching walls is bugged or not working. 

Thank you for the tip, seriously. I have had my fair share of frustration, especially on those grineer spy missions. I look forward to being even more ninja like now. 

An interesting fact that nobody knows about?

Maybe that Turbulence is actually completely mechanically broken, making it almost entirely useless against anything other than Corpus or Void.

Where do I even start? Anyone who knows anything about my warframe forum history will know about my intense, burning hatred for the utterly stupid and broken mechanics of this ability, due to the fact that it's straight up less effective against projectile weapons than hitscan weapons. However, I won't be talking about why this ability is so stupidly designed.

I'll be talking about how even though it's stupidly designed, it doesn't even work the way it's supposed to! Turbulence isn't just stupidly designed, it's completely broken as well! I can basically just copy and paste my own words at this point.

Warframe builder lists Turbulence's outer radius for my Zephyr build at 35.5m. After being killed straight through my Turbulence twice in a Lech Kril assassination mission, I decided to test that. I placed a waypoint on a level 30 Grineer elite lancer, moved 5m away from him, and continuously backed up 1m at a time. At about 15m and onwards, I was being hit by every single one of his shots.

Turbulence's outer radius: 35.5m

Actual effective range: about 15m

Enemies with hitscan weapons are actually accurate enough to completely overpower Turbulence's accuracy debuff, making the ability almost completely worthless against all hitscan weapons. This has been a problem since the last enemy accuracy update, in which enemy accuracy was linked directly to range. Turbulence has been broken in this way for months now, and DE has diligently ignored my attempts to inform them of this bug that's utterly destroying Zephyr.

But that's not all, folks! Turbulence is also completely broken against Bombard rockets!

After doing copious amounts of testing on both Ceres and T4 Void missions, I have made a discovery that is equally remarkable and appalling. Since Bombard rockets are not hitscan, they should be deflected when they hit the inner radius, right? This is not what happens. The rocket still changes direction on contact with the inner radius, but because of the homing effect, after entering the inner radius, the rocket will immediately curve back around and hit Zephyr directly. Unless you move, the rocket will hit you directly every single time. The rocket's homing effect is actually stronger than Turbulence's redirection effect. The game is obviously trying to have Turbulence deflect Bombard rockets away from you, but fails miserably due to the homing effect.

These tragically ignored bugs have been a cancer on all Zephyr users for months now. It should be painfully obvious how to fix them, but DE hasn't for some reason that I fail to comprehend.

Some people might know about this, but obviously DE doesn't. It's time to get real, people.

Hmmm:

The initial Explosion of Hydroids Tentacle Swarm does not apply Pilfering Swarm and is overall weaker because it does magnetic while the tentacles do True (Finisher) Damage.

This makes building a pilfering Hydroid with short power duration extremely inefficient.

I can say this is false after extensive testing. 100% false.

An interesting fact that nobody knows about?

Maybe that Turbulence is actually completely mechanically broken, making it almost entirely useless against anything other than Corpus or Void.

-snip-

Some people might know about this, but obviously DE doesn't. It's time to get real, people.

While I do agree that bugs like that should be fixed or at least answered by DE, I'm laid back enough to cut them some slack. I don't really mind not playing Zephyr until Turbulance is fixed. Same goes for Excalibur. I don't use him at all these days, because I want to play him after he gets the rework.

It's a bit sad some people take things too personally from DE and react/comment very violently against DE.

Enough off topics. Come, more facts!

A player can que up casts of Limbo's Banish that will then activate in succession.  This is of course done by swiftly targetting a series of enemies and hitting 1 on each rapidly, doubly of course the queing effect is more noticable if you do not use Natural Talent.  Depending on your loadout choice this can be quite useful on Limbo since you can swiftly pre-select a bunch of targets, then proceed to take them down in rapid mono-e-mono whilst hanging out in the safety of Riftwalk.

This may also be possible with a few other Warframe skills, but there haven't been any I've found it to be useful on.

The rocket from both an enemy and player fired Ogris has collision.  While this isn't particularly noteworthy there are two interesting things you can do because of this.  Firstly, if you are moving at a very high speed forward, and then fire the Ogris shot in that same-ish direciton, you can, at times actually do the mantle flip up in mid-air as you character grabbed onto the Ogris rocket.

Secondly, and much more entertainingly, you can latch onto the Ogris rocket with Valkyr's Ripline ability.  Meaning Valkyr can even fly in "open air" areas where you don't have access to a ceiling in range/at all.  Taking spidermanning to a whole 'nother level.

It also makes you immune to knockdown.

nope... unless there was a change. by impulse I always roll away from the knockblast from a grineer heavie the moment its fist is about to hit the ground. (blame those perfect-timing evasions from other games) I still get knocked down.