Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would You Do If Warframe Shut Down? [ Small Chat ]

Kaiservadin

Basicly what will you do if DE decided to just close all the doors on the game before its even finish ( Which i doubt ) but since on of the games i like to fall back on ( Grandchase ) shut its doors in players faces basicly saying all your work in the game was for nothing .... and if in the future the same where to happen of warframe i would be very angry and sad at the same time ... because its like a huge falcon punch to the face ..

Speaking of which ....

Edited by Kaiservadin

video-game-industry-meme.jpg

If you can't adapt and over-come, then you shouldn't be in this in the first place, actually you shouldn't be a human being but a sack of potatoes because no matter what happens, The fact is the only thing that is constant is change.

Edited by ChloeSakuna

I kind of hope when they shut it down they will find a way for the game to continue in its current state. I know we'd lose alerts, multiple player relays, login rewards, support, etc. But it would still be good for a game to play every now and then.

Eh, experienced stuff, pondered on ideas, and had a good time. Though I would like to have a copy of the game by downloading the files needed to keep it running without internet.

Offline mode would indeed prevent that scenario!!

When Warframe does eventually shot down (not to be a pessimist, but nothing lasts forever: even WoW will eventually shut down its servers) I hope they at least have the sense of humor and fun to end with style: release the limiters on everything and give players millions of platinum and probably bring Baro around to sell everything he's ever sold and loads of cheat items like when Star Wars Galaxies ended. Give everyone the ability to change into enemy models or have every kind of random customization available or max slots for everything, every time an enemy dies they drop one of everything they can drop or other such broken nonsense.

I don't want to see the game go, but if it does I'd rather take to the Void one last time with an 8 forma supergun on Lech Kril with Targis Prime armor, a prime syandana, a moustache and every piece of cosmetic sporting a different level 10 Arcane enhancement in an infinite air Survival mission populated by every enemy type in the game. Not with a bang or a whimper, but a mushroom cloud.

well, Warframe is financially doing well. therefore this is not expected to happen anytime soon.

- - - - -

however, stopping the inevitable can be done in a nice way.

ex. - when Warframe 'officially ceases', allowing Community Servers to run as well as not requiring a server connection to run, make good strides towards that.

as well as probably giving Players the capability to spawn and use anything they want if they so choose - which helps compensate for lack of Players as well as probable lack of Alerts and such, making some items not obtainable otherwise.

By the time WF decides to shut down i will most likely have moved on by then, maybe even to DEs new game. 

It is sad to think that all of these online games will be lost to some hidden archive and youtube lets plays one day. It should become common practice to release an offline client when MMOs come to an end.

I hope that they will give everyone unlimited cred & plats, rerelase all PA items (for free ofc), rerelease limited weapons, enable past TA and events, enable debug menu, and of course, allow clientside save data (offline mode).

Those are far better than saying, "We're done, don't play this game anymore!"

By the time WF decides to shut down i will most likely have moved on by then, maybe even to DEs new game. 

It is sad to think that all of these online games will be lost to some hidden archive and youtube lets plays one day. It should become common practice to release an offline client when MMOs come to an end.

Guess if it does happen then Warframe 2 ?

im looking forward to see this thread locked soon.

Well maybe ?

If anyone reading this thread knows about online games with decent "afterlife" please post examples.

I tried to play Offensive Combat after Brazilian resurrection but there's too much lag.

Renaissance Heroes were doing pretty well before sudden closing. I'd pay to play that, best PvP fps ever.

I still miss Grinns Tale, little fb action rpg with charming characters and sweet music I still remember.

If anyone reading this thread knows about online games with decent "afterlife" please post examples.

I tried to play Offensive Combat after Brazilian resurrection but there's too much lag.

Renaissance Heroes were doing pretty well before sudden closing. I'd pay to play that, best PvP fps ever.

I still miss Grinns Tale, little fb action rpg with charming characters and sweet music I still remember.

I feel the pain i still got trickster and maplestory to fall on but i didn't really care for maplestory after the map change ... trickster online is ok i like the drilling system in it.

This game is still in Beta and you talk about the end of warframe? WTF!?!?!

Seriously thats .....

Its on place 8 on steam.

I think Warframe will live a looooong time and i think we will even see in the future a engine update/change and that stuff.

So this thread is completely useless.

Edited by K0bra