The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorry De....uranus Water Tileset - Impossible

S0ulre4per

It sounds much better than an "indeterminate number of centuries", and nobody cares about the platypus' combat readiness.

perry the platypus laughs at your kubrow that's stuck running in a wall

tumblr_mdh9dkT2TO1qec4gro1_500.gif

Edited by TennoMordant

Ok, so you guys do realize that in the beginning of many missions that we're flying towards asteroid bases of the planets we select and not the planets themselves right?  (I think we do land on some of the planets like Earth, etc.)

That could very well explain these deficiencies... and well...  video game space magic of course.  XD

Quote from the newest Dev Workshop:

Our upcoming Underwater Tileset provides a small glimpse behind the veil of Grineer industry, hidden away in Uranus' vast ocean of helium, methane and ammonia.

It's even written in the News that this is more like a under-liquid-gas-set and not a underwater set <.<

Edited by Fleyrion

They're saying "underwater" because it's easier to say then "Undermethane"

Uranus has what amounts to oceans and clouds basically smoothly transitioning between each other.  It's not completely inconceivable that you could build structures to survive the pressures and place them there.

More so on theoretically terraformed moons.  Or even moons with natural oceans

And we're not going to talk about how the iced over Corpus Outpost tileset is on Venus? AKA The planet with a surface that looks like

mgn_eistla_regio.jpg

I had assummed that was due to an over-ambitious orokin terraforming effort that went awry leading to massive amounts of cryotic deposits beneath the surface.

Venus is frozen but is volcanic IRL, Mars is half frozen-half desert, both Europa and Phobos are an entire planet while both are moons IRL and Earth is a big giant jungle which completely fucks over the planet's ecosystem.

Don't even start about the Void.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I think people are way to critical on not wanting any "logic" in a game at all even if it's millions of years into the future or not at least the guy was nice about it and not demanding or complaining something should be done about it.

I agree with him 100% their should be at least lore explination to why neptune has water on it at least if were going to go with it being "our" solarsystem, why people are hating so much about putting logic in a game is dumb to me and they should go play Call Of Duty if they really want a game with no point in it....

I enjoy lore and reasoning behind games that take their time to devlop a sort of "society" in their games so we can feel more emmerssed, hell even StarWars did it with all their space magic they have and thats what makes any great series popular. Look at any series that has lasted the test of time and you'll see a backstory and reasoning behind everything they do to connect us into a world we only imagin in our dreams, thats why its exciting and why we enjoy that sort of thing.

Surprised nobody gets that....

Edited by Monybags33

id be fine with the 'space magic' answer if DE actually put any effort whatsoever into explaining how the orokin spent time terraforming every planet in the origin system

but they havent =/

and honestly if DE put a little more SCIENCE into their SCIENCE FICTION game, it would be a lot more interesting

we could have tilesets that are loosely based on the possible terrain of these alien worlds and it would/could still be super awesome (note that i said LOOSELY, not trying to be a nazi here), take Europa for example, see how well/cool that turned out? imagine Io as a volcanic wasteland tileset, or a lunar tileset (even tho the moon is probably completely transformed by massive grineer infrastructure by now)

but instead DE is content to pull a 'Prometheus' on their baby, and that disappoints me (FYI Prometheus the awful movie based on the Aliens franchise, not the titan that gave humans fire)

all ppl are asking for is to have things like the phobos tileset be on mars instead of the tiny rocks that are mars' moons (phobos/deimos should be the grineer asteroid tileset and/or ships), DE has even acknowledged that they'd like the tilesets to have more logical consistency, they just havent done anything about it, besides lip service

I'm gonna laugh if all of the sudden the (currently delayed for some reason) Synthesis Lore entry for the Arid Eviscerator turns out to be a bunch of clunky exposition about how awesome Orokin terraforming technology was.

FTFY

A thousand is a very conservative estimate. We know it's been about that long since the collapse of the Orokin, but we don't know the time between A) the end of Dark Sector and the rise of the Orokin and B) between the rise of the Orokin and the fall of the Orokin.

-snip-

Venus doesn't have it's own Tileset yet. that's the reason for that.

A thousand is a very conservative estimate.

yes, but that's the best guess we have. Digital Extremes has told us the game is 'about a thousand years after Dark Sector'.

it's their game, so i'm going to trust what they tell us about it for story, since it's Fiction.

Edited by taiiat

Let's explain how exactly Warframes came into being, and can control the elements like it's nothing. And make it realistic.

...Yeah, I can't think of anything either.

Along with the many other numerous un-realistic things in the game. I don't see how this would be anymore deal breaking or what have you.

Yes lets keep adding things that straight up dont make sense, let's make a sun tileset where we just walk on the surface, better yet, lets replace the sun with a black hole and make that a tileset.

No, that's just stupid, get out.

i'm so sorry.....

Zy9DiSE.jpg

wwnMOYO.jpg

on topic: i'm sure DE will pull something out of their collective heads to justify this

It's not actually water. It's a collection of Methane, Ammonia, and some other gaseous element that makes a liquid. There's no Hydrogen, aka, not actually water. Edited by WingedCrusade