Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

I never even try and take a swing at those, just shoot them, it's easier. I can hit hovering drones though with it most of the time.

Because people still play sword alone, as in the real sword alone and not excal shooting laser beams everywhere :p

I never even try and take a swing at those, just shoot them, it's easier. I can hit hovering drones though with it most of the time.

Because people still play sword alone, as in the real sword alone and not excal shooting laser beams everywhere :p

I cannot shoot Corpus Cameras on Sword-alone Spy missions.

Serro w/Primed Reach has less Vertical than Sheev w/o Reach mod.....on current PS4 build 16.11.4 when going for Corpus Cameras.

On PS4 build 16.3 Serro + Max Primed Reach had devastating coverage horizontally and vertically.

You chose to gimp yourself by not carrying a ranged weapon, don;t come crying to me when it goes bad.

Most of my play time (102 days) was played as Obex only Valkyr yes she has some shortcomings without a gun, but Melee only is mostly viable

Current Excalibur really has no need for a Firearm. (I don't feel gimped in any mission when a gun is left behind....melee+Fluctus that benefits from Blind no need for gun)

If I could leave a Gun behind in Archwing - I wouldn't complain....just wish Life-strike worked with Arch-melee....

Even if Stalker shows....normal melee combos/channeleing ends him quickly

For those curious on the console side:

I did another Corpus camera test via Tonbo equipped with Prime Reach. Nothing has changed on the PC side.

Other items:

- Brutal Tide is back to tripping enemies again.

- Slide attacks now ragdoll like they used to. I'm not certain if console users experienced the bug that ceased to do so on their current builds.

You chose to gimp yourself by not carrying a ranged weapon, don;t come crying to me when it goes bad.

No one came crying to you in particular. You should briefly consider getting over yourself.

On another note, if gun range were suddenly and inexplicably bugged so, for instance, all guns had max range limitations like beam weapons, the community would be up in arms... but melee gets bugged and the response is "Too bad, bring a gun"? Hm.

On another note, if gun range were suddenly and inexplicably bugged so, for instance, all guns had max range limitations like beam weapons, the community would be up in arms... but melee gets bugged and the response is "Too bad, bring a gun"? Hm.

No my response is "stop trying to do everything with melee, no weapon is supposed to be a do everything option".

No one came crying to you in particular. You should briefly consider getting over yourself.

Yes you did. You came asking what to do vs x target when zx target was never optimal to engage with melee in the first place.

Yes you did. You came asking what to do vs x target when zx target was never optimal to engage with melee in the first place.

I did? I didn't say a thing to you in particular before this. I'm only here to track a bugfix. Unless- oh, I didn't know you were secretly [DE] and this entire thread was a direct address to you! My bad. So sorry, Mr. Admin, sir. I'll be sure to play the game exactly the way you want it to be played in the future.

Soooo... I'm back here, and "still no fix for...".

Anyway, thanks for keeping the thread up !

Another funny thing. I tried the new conclave and guess what ? I miss some melee combo shots even if I'm dead close to my opponent, due to that broken range. So, since I play with the heavy and slow Jat Kittag, I loose precious seconds swinging in the wind. Seconds of immobility that most of the time in PvP leads you to death.
So I do SLAM attacks only. Which partially leads to the amount of whine on the PvP Feedback section about the Jat Kitty.

Back, but still "dissapointed" (let's stay polite).

@Carl_Bar : I'm a space lizardish suited ninja, I can do everything with a melee weapon.

For those curious on the console side:

I did another Corpus camera test via Tonbo equipped with Prime Reach. Nothing has changed on the PC side.

Other items:

- Brutal Tide is back to tripping enemies again.

- Slide attacks now ragdoll like they used to. I'm not certain if console users experienced the bug that ceased to do so on their current builds.

Thank you ever-so kindly

Serro will remain shelved

But good news is I may resume multi-million OBEX ragdoll crits on enemies....glad to here it was *Stealth fixed*

An actual patch note would have been nice other than OBEX shock camo skin fix

No my response is "stop trying to do everything with melee, no weapon is supposed to be a do everything option".

I was the one who asked if Vertical reach was restored on Orthos.

But it appears Polearms are still.in gimped state where Horizontal cleave range is in-tact but vertical hitbix range is still hugely diminished.....my Sheev without Reach mods has almost 2-3 times the vertical hitbox range of Serro w/Maxed Primed Reach

-That was not the case in 16.3 but has been the case since PS4 recieved 16.5.9 persisting through current build...

(The issue is not only Corpus Cameras but small crawlers or kubrow....my Sheev can hit them but not my Max Primed Teach Serro....I thought melee was supposed to help define this game and set it apart from other 3-person games)

Homing Fang -Life Eater does remind me of my favorite 3-rd person Multiplayer (MGO...Stun Knife attacks....Giving Vamp lessons in knife fights...lol)*

Redeemer is still wafty.

Also charge attacks on Gunblade and Glaives seems to swing and then throw/shoot now. The charge used to work fine before without pre-swing.

On PS4 I have to hard hold -Charge attack yo throw with Astral Twilight, but can always Throw with no stance or Gleaming Talon : when performing Charge attack from Quick-melee (on Melee only runs....I usually have Scanner equipped to still utilize Quick-melee)

Looks like we've been deceived!!

Not really...but:
  • Fixed an issue where changes made to Jat Kittag's ground-attack radius in the PvP setting unintentionally affected the PvE weapon.

We assumed too quickly.  This appears to be the change Rebecca was talking about.

:(

I wonder if making a new topic on the bug report section each week (every day ?) could be a good idea to attract their attention...?

No. They're already working on it. If it's not fixed, that means they haven't finished the fix or tested it thoroughly enough yet. This is a known issue, so DE doesn't need more reminders of it specifically.

NOT A FIX, but Atterax-the-ghetto-gilette-can-of-whipslash-death is a good melee where the range is still going far and out. 

Just felt it worthy to give the heads up. 

But YEAH, this bug is totally bonkes and should be fixed in the .... 

(toom-doom-doom)

YEAR OF QUALITY.