The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

I don't know what everyone is complaining about, there's no issue here.......

With melee targetting turned on, you can see whenever I try to attack him, the camera/player auto lines up with the target but just keeps missing.....

Sloooowweeedddd way down so the devs can see it and feel dumb for breaking Melee this badly.

My Tipedo build.

Warframe0078_zpsa6xwifwe.jpg

I don't know what everyone is complaining about, there's no issue here.......

With melee targetting turned on, you can see whenever I try to attack him, the camera/player auto lines up with the target but just keeps missing.....

Sloooowweeedddd way down so the devs can see it and feel dumb for breaking Melee this badly.

My Tipedo build.

Warframe0078_zpsa6xwifwe.jpg

Much obliged for the entry.

Melee targeting on/off does not address the Corpus Camera issue using Serro with Max Primed Reach or Kogake/Obex Brutal Tide Flair Kick w/Maxed Primed Reach.

Almost wish it was only a Melee-Auto-Targeting nerf....

Hm, is this still an issue?  I was just swinging my Anku over a downed Gunner's head to no avail for a good 4-5 seconds without any hits registering.  (It was a laggy game, and didn't do a ground finisher, but client hit detection wasn't going off at all either.)

Hm, is this still an issue?  I was just swinging my Anku over a downed Gunner's head to no avail for a good 4-5 seconds without any hits registering.  (It was a laggy game, and didn't do a ground finisher, but client hit detection wasn't going off at all either.)

Yes, nothing changed so far...

hate to say it but the lack of response to this issue pretty much indicates it was intentional 

we will just have to consider melee weapons as cosmetics now apparently 

like the days of melee 1.0

well, at least we can still copter with them... some of them, that is.

hate to say it but the lack of response to this issue pretty much indicates it was intentional 

we will just have to consider melee weapons as cosmetics now apparently 

So atleast DE should comment that... If it was intentional I would like to hear some reasons for this change.

like the days of melee 1.0

Be honest, they were always cosmetic for a lot of people, and only some of those were because they just don't care about melee gameplay.  Melee 2.0 didn't really change that, because there wasn't an actual power boost.  None of the mods were changed and if anything the higher damage/lower speeds was a nerf.

I don't think this just post 16.5 though. It feels like the melee hit registration has been getting worse and worse for a long time now. It's just especially noticeable at this point. But before it was mostly with particular weapons and finishers/ground attacks.

Either way there really ought to be an official response to this. This thread has gotten pretty long too.

I'm beginning to wonder if it was intentional.

Still, it would be nice to have a word on it either way.

Surely not, I had a moment lately where I was missing enemies with Tempo Royal galatine. With the overhead swing no less... just sliding away from them.

Also, bump.