The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female/male Warframe Change

Gonzaboro

Hello,

I know the issue with having Male and Female versions of the frames was considered and the dropped.

But, what if the opposite sex of each frame was sold as a body type to equip in Appearance, as well as helmets to go with the new body.

Its an issue I've discussed with other players and more than one of us are willing to pay plat for a male Valkyr or female Loki (which would totally rock XD)

I hope this could reach the developers, I would really like to see have a male mirage.

DE has repeatedly said this will not happen, with the level of work involved they might as well make a new frame. In fact they said the closest we might ever see to this is same themed frames of different genders. So in the distant future when they've run out of concepts we might see a ice themed female frame, but she won't have the same stats or powers as Frost. The last time this we mentioned though was back when powers were mods, and part of that concept was to allow the powers of one to work on the other. I sense that would no longer be the case and would likely still make people unhappy...

I am one of the (few?) Who would welcome dual genders. I am happy with the way things are now, buy I still see no problem with the idea.

Sure it would take time. But at the same time they would make not Loki but Hel or another Norse godess.

Instead of Frost maby a elegant Ice Qeen. The same, but different but with shared powers.

Alternate gender skin are not going to occur. If there was going to be a "male Mirage" it would be a different frame with completely different abilities. 

"Male Mirage Skin" using Mirage's Noble Idle by default..... yep, not going to occur.

I don't think you should have to pay to get a male or a female type of a Frame. There should just be a customization option for it.

But I always find it funny when you change warframes you change your gender as well.  

Actually you dont.

Tenno gender and warframe gender are 2 different things

Oh grow up losers. I agree they might as well make new frames than spend time on this. Doesn't mean you have to be phobic asses about their potential incorporation. Besides I can already run Mirage Noble on my Frost and Rhino Noble on Mirage so OMG WATCH OUT GENDER POLICE.

Additionally a 'Snow Queen' frame? Why can't a female Ice Frame be a badass warrior who spits and wipes her mouth in her noble animations?

I'm glad DE is more open minded than members of their community. I would welcome the inclusion of alternate genders as almost every other online ARPG possesses this feature. I'm aware of the constraints though and am thankful I can at least play some badass female frames for now.

The best case scenario (thats already been happening btw) is they make a similar frame with relateable abilities.

For example, Loki and Mirage or Ember and Chroma

To this I must take issue, while yes DE has promised to instead of making alternate genders for each frame they would just make similarly themed frames of other genders, what they should have promised is to offer similar playstyles of frames for opposite genders. That's what I think most people take issue with about gender locks, a person wants to play a particular way but as a gender they desire but due to gender constraints they can't because the only gender offering that playstyle is the gender they don't desire. And while it is a possibility to happen during the development of other "similar themed" classes, it is not promised, and from what I've seen that lack of a promise tends to lead to most genders falling under a certain degree of archetypes for each gender. One can't pick up a Mirage and say it has the same feel loki does, she's vastly different from loki, and the same with chroma, he's a tanky self buff frame, nothing like ember who is oh so frail but full of damage potential. 

Who says Rhino is even "male" in the first place?

There's one fairly glaring piece of evidence if you cast your eye down to the crotch region.

As someone who 90% of the time prefers to play as male characters I'd welcome more options, I'd like to see a male Mesa in particular.

I want Tumblr to leave.

I lol'd way too much at this and tried smashing the upvote button into oblivion to make it upvote more than once.

Anyway, besides that. No offense to OP. But this is pretty much the same reason why they will not make the alternate versions of the frame. Skin/appearance only or not, the whole reason they won't make 2 versions of each frame is because it's too much work to just have an alternate version of something we already have. It'd be pretty pointless as well if they did all that work when it'll just be a skin, and not even contribute mastery points.

I think it's hypocritical that the argument against this is: "If we made an opposite gender variant of every Warframe, that opposite gender would have to have its own unique powers because it'd be a unique model and would have to be a new Warframe,"

If that's true, why aren't proto-skins their own unique Warframes? They obviously took effort to make or update the models and to update the textures, and yet it's just a remodel of an existing Warframe, which is essentially what an opposite gender would be. Don't you see how hypocritical that is?

Edited by Krion112

I lol'd way too much at this and tried smashing the upvote button into oblivion to make it upvote more than once.

Anyway, besides that. No offense to OP. But this is pretty much the same reason why they will not make the alternate versions of the frame. Skin/appearance only or not, the whole reason they won't make 2 versions of each frame is because it's too much work to just have an alternate version of something we already have. It'd be pretty pointless as well if they did all that work when it'll just be a skin, and not even contribute mastery points.

That could be said of all cosmetics items in the game, but that doesn't discourage DE from making them or the community from wanting them. There's more to games that just how much experience you can get or how tough you can get yourself to be, there's characters, designs, maps, playstyles, and so on that also are greatly valued in games, and why would it be wrong for alternative gender skins to become a part of that? Perhaps it's too much effort for the pay out, but then again maybe it's not, plenty of players would certainly pay for such extras and welcome the thought with open arms. 

You have to keep an open mind with it, there's more to new content than just mastery fodder you know. (in fact a fair few would take anything over it)