Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugs... Does De Care At All?!

Taipion

I just tried quick thinking again, guess what, it's STILL bugged, you die with full energy through various things... it's that way since months, and DE does not even seem to care!

And Trollkor... you know, you can STILL bump other players, as long as the one who uses it is being bumped as well, all other players in range will be bumped, too.

There must be a very dedicated troll at DE who tries to "save" that "functionality" of the trollkor..

I could go on here but I decided not to rage that much.

I simply ask, does DE care at all? For instance, is that quick thinking bug going to be fixed, ever?

Edited by Taipion

Perhaps DE are trying to get people to stop relying on mods like Quick Thinking and actually use skill to survive. I for one refuse to use the mod for that reason, and many people do use it as they don't realise how easy it is to dodge and defend yourself.
(also, Quick Thinking doesn't work if the damage you take would fully deplete your health AND energy anyway, so say you have 10HP left with 200 Energy, and you take 300 damage. Quick thinking WON'T save you, and you'll go down instantly)

I just tried quick thinking again, guess what, it's STILL bugged, you die with full energy through various things... it's that way since months, and DE does not even seem to care!

And Trollkor... you know, you can STILL bump other players, as long as the one who uses it is being bumped as well, all other players in range will be bumped, too.

There must be a very dedicated troll at DE who tries to "save" that "functionality" of the trollkor..

I could go on here but I decided not to rage that much.

I simply ask, does DE care at all? For instance, is that quick thinking bug going to be fixed, ever?

I think there should be a forum subgroup saying what bugs DE is currently working on, so they do not leave us in the dark.

(also, Quick Thinking doesn't work if the damage you take would fully deplete your health AND energy anyway, so say you have 10HP left with 200 Energy, and you take 300 damage. Quick thinking WON'T save you, and you'll go down instantly)

Perhaps DE are trying to get people to stop relying on mods like Quick Thinking and actually use skill to survive. I for one refuse to use the mod for that reason, and many people do use it as they don't realise how easy it is to dodge and defend yourself.

Don't embarrass yourself, please.

200 energer = 200*2.4 HP with quick thinking...

Also, your assumptions are ...off

Don't embarrass yourself, please.

200 energer = 200*2.4 HP with quick thinking...

Also, your assumptions are ...off

regardless of if the formula/math was off, you will still die if you take enough damage to use up all your HP and Energy.

I don't think it's the argument of whether or not DE cares but the fact that fixing bugs takes time. Finding the root of the problem and then fixing, takes time, just like everything else. The more we bring things up, the more likely it'll be something that comes up as a fix.

I think there should be a forum subgroup saying what bugs DE is currently working on, so they do not leave us in the dark.

While I'd agree, that'd take too much time. And not for just a single person. It'd require the person maintaining the post to compile data from each individual group working on various assets of Warframe. Ranging from UI, Sound, Tileset, Coding and to Animations, and so many more. Each group would then have to pause what they're doing to assimilate such data for the aforementioned single person to finally consolidate it themselves. And finally present it in a clear fashion to us. 

And no, this wouldn't be just a one time thing and they'd be done. Bugs come and go, so this would have to be routinely done. Even if weekly, it'd chew up way too much time that could be put forth toward actually fixing the bugs instead. Furthermore, we'd respond to that list, and more than likely give feedback on prioritizing it. If the developers would then follow such a fluctuating audience, then that'd set them back even further.

Think of it like watching the clock at work. No matter how you perceive it, the amount of time that passes is always the same from when you clock in and clock out. Distract yourself long enough and the time flies by. Pay close attention to that little detail and it feels like forever. In short, just be patient. Please, Tenno.

Then make bug reports and go about testing things you believe to be bugged to find ways to replicate said bugs reliably.

DE can't just go rooting around in their code for every bug, finding how they happen lets then narrow it down enough to find what or where the cause could be.

Like, go put on Quick Thinking and find things that reliably kill you through your evergy then make a post about it.

Also DE needs to work on new content, deal with support tickets, and fix/update older content. Things take time and nearly everything has a priority. Fixing one mod may be lower than fixing a weapon, which may be even lower than fixing some map error, and is definantly waaay lower than fixing some out-of-memory or crash issue.

Troubleshooting is the most expensive, time consuming process in everything on this planet.

identifying an issue, finding the cause, and finding a solution that doesn't break everything around it.

Trouble Shooting and therefore product support is therefore the most expensive and time consuming task there is.

that's not a bug.

it's a feature.

if you take enough Damage in an instance as to where you would have died even if Quick Thinking used all of your Energy, it doesn't bother activating.

it doesn't waste your Energy in vain.

there is no bug. it's a feature that's actually being very nice to you.

For a super obvious bug that is probably around for a year or so? Sure!

I didn't know about it until last week and I've been playing with those mods for over a year.

Obvious to you, isn't obvious to everyone else. And even if it is obvious, being able to give DE the What -When - Where - Who - How of it helps them more than "It's broken.  Fix it."

Troubleshooting is the most expensive, time consuming process in everything on this planet.

identifying an issue, finding the cause, and finding a solution that doesn't break everything around it.

Trouble Shooting and therefore product support is therefore the most expensive and time consuming task there is.

that's not a bug.

it's a feature.

if you take enough Damage in an instance as to where you would have died even if Quick Thinking used all of your Energy, it doesn't bother activating.

it doesn't waste your Energy in vain.

there is no bug. it's a feature that's actually being very nice to you.

Thanks for showing how much you don't understand this!

So that you understand:

DoTs, especially slash procs, will likely, though not always, kill you, even with volt prime and full 800 energy and no mobs alive on the whole map.