The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Don't Remove Stamina

NikolaiLev

While I don't think it was slated on the devstream, there was talk that implied the idea.

Resource management is a part of what makes games varied and interesting.  You don't Just have to worry about shooting the enemy, you have to pace yourself so your ability to fight doesn't run out.

I wouldn't mind if sprinting affected stamina less (perhaps by only disabling stamina regen), and in general stamina totals could be adjusted.  The stamina system could use work, but that's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I feel as though stamina capacities should be doubled, but the punishment for running out of stamina should be increased as well; attacking without stamina should be slower and deal less damage.

You high?

Make stamina used for blocking only. And change the mechanic to be like the nullifier bubble. So stamina will drain faster against rapid fire or hordes. This makes it usable, but not invincible in all levels of PvE.

And/or tie it to the melee charge attack too?

But otherwise, id like to see stamina go away too.

I was running, then I stopped and hit an enemy with my sword and now I can't run anymore :(

^ Nuisance resource.

Change its purpose entirely or get rid of it.

Personally, I'd be in favor of a 100% removal so I have more mod space.  I have stamina mods and they're very annoying.

So... unlimited frontal blocking?

Yeah, at first I thought that would be overpowered too...

... but then I remembered:

* that blocking is (currently at least), for Meleemode only, which means blocking = no ranged weapons currently available.

* blocking is, as you said yourself, only frontal. It's not Godmode, it would just be a great Assaultmode.

* it would make going melee a more viable style throughout the game without constant reliance on your CC-abilities. Something that ranged combat can do already.

* blocking would scale, making it an actual viable mechanic, not just a low-level gimmick

* Archwing would be more fun too, no more slowpoke flying!

* stamina mods could go away, removing (or at least revamping) some bandaid mods! WOO! :D

The fact that it also makes sprinting an "easier-but-not-as-good" and reliable option to coptering is also great (if coptering stays?). More noobfriendly, while still keeping the skillroof high, that's great design!

So, yeah: DEATH TO STAMINA! >:)

Edited by Azamagon

My only negative to the no stamina/parkour 2.0 approach so far is that it aids those rushers who ruin the game for many. Why fight when you can limitlessnessly propel yourself across room to room and even use the enemies as spring boards to get from A to B without even bothering fighting. Thats not how the game was intended to play but weve seen with Coptering... once you have a feature there, intention or not - people will NEVER accept it being removed even if its not how the game was indeed again intended to play.

My only negative to the no stamina/parkour 2.0 approach so far is that it aids those rushers who ruin the game for many. Why fight when you can limitlessnessly propel yourself across room to room and even use the enemies as spring boards to get from A to B without even bothering fighting. Thats not how the game was intended to play but weve seen with Coptering... once you have a feature there, intention or not - people will NEVER accept it being removed even if its not how the game was indeed again intended to play.

Rushers have coptoring macro'd.

They're changing the coptor effect...we'll see what they do.  Honestly, I'm making a bowl of popcorn for U17.  I want to watch the forums blow up with noobs that think they have skill.

Resource management is a part of what makes games varied and interesting.  You don't Just have to worry about shooting the enemy, you have to pace yourself so your ability to fight doesn't run out.

Resource management is not a part of warframe.

Existing resources do not pose any sort of real restriction for the player.

The only thing Stamina, Energy, and Ammo limits do to the game is break it's flow when either of those resources runs low, causing the player to sit next to a campfire consumable, or stop sprinting for a short while.

Going forward, DE should replace the existing systems with ones that entirely remove long term impact, in favor of emphasizing moment-to-moment gameplay, such as longer reload times, and "soft" cooldowns(you still use energy, but the pool is smaller, and regenerates relatively quickly) on abilities.

- Guns are supplied by Ammunition. the floors are painted with it when there's a lot of Enemies.

- Melee is supplied by Stamina. there are no pickups, or anything.

which one is objectively more effective in this situation therefore? sufficient Ammunition to keep shooting, while you Kill one or two Enemies and then Stamina needs to regen to have all of your tools back.

Stamina hurts movement, which in turn hurts melee, and hurts blocking because they draw from the same pool of resources. Movement needs to not be limited by stamina and just leave that to melee combat. You already put your self at risk by closing the distance and burning your stamina just to keep the combo gauge going, leaving you in a more difficult position when its time to get away. Also why coptering gets so abused in this game once people get it down, there's literally no downside to it. You get tremendous distance and speed in an instant for  next to no stamina use.

IF you delete the Stamina bar then please BUFF Silva & Aegis couse currently the less used stamina is its only "rescue" stat to have it as a tank tool. Without Stamina even THAT is just out of the windos and the weapon becomes absolutly and completly obsolete.

Implement new shields/swords, some that maybe look even more awesome and give stat booss like increased armor just for having them equipped (would make sense doent it?)