Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Infested Juggernaut

DE_Adam

I'm not too sure about those front feet; in the original image they're more bottom-heavy like fists, like a gorilla walking on their knuckles, to remind the player that this thing was once human...oid.

The version that's been sculpted has more bestial legs. Looks more like a giant Charger (eg Phorid) than a unique concept.

Please, don't give him poisonous attacks. They are more annoying than challenging

Too late, spitting poison clouds is in the artist's original design.

Is he going to be a stalker type unit or j3 or phorid replacement? I don't think he should be implemented into regular infested mobs until they've been toned down... Right now the infested are the toughest enemies around with high hp values and low exp values

He can't be implemented into regular mobs, he is too big, would never fit most rooms in the map.

It looks kinda cute actually~

maybe its just me but it just looks fluffy~

not muscly with hooves instead of arms like the sketch~

I was hoping it was gonna be more gorrila like and not like a mule~

more humanoid would have been more intimidating~

but I guess thats just me~

Good work guys~

For those curious, here is the original concept:

Name Suggestion: Infested Juggernaut

Behaviour: The massive, lumbering form of the juggernaut moves with unstoppable momentum, not fazed by gunfire or obstacles. When it spots its prey, it will try to maintain distance to use its artillery-like attacks, resorting to using its huge arms only when pressed up close. Although big and hulking, the juggernaut is in fact highly intelligent, using timed attacks and maintaining distance to support the rest of the horde. Although it is tough, it is incredibly cumbersome, and is vulnerable to fire in the open part of its back.

This means that maneuverable Tenno have a much better chance of doing damage to the creature from above or behind. Careful maneuvering is needed, as the Juggernaut will protect itself from the front and sides with its physical strength when pushed. The creature itself is coated in hardened plates – an effect of the technocyte virus on its hide, making it practically impervious to all but the most accurate attacks from range.

There is a hint of malice in the Juggernauts movements that is not present in other infested, maybe due to the bulk of assimilated material needed to generate such a creature.

Attacks: The Juggernaut has two primary attacks;

Venom Bombardment – By hunkering down, the Juggernaut opens the huge maw on its back and vomits out a biological explosive which sails through the air towards the target. Upon reaching a close distance, the organism explodes, raining down acidic fluid like an airburst strike. This effect is similar to Hydroid's Tempest Barrage, so staying in the area of effect can be deadly, requiring the targets to move.

Slam – By rearing up on its hind legs, the Juggernaut comes down with its arms, slamming into the ground and knocking targets around it to the floor. It then follows up with various, heavy strikes from its limbs to take down aggressors or back away to start using Venom Bombardment again.

As a reactive attack, the Juggernaut will start venting poison (like an Embolist cloud) from its mouth when it gets down to 50% health. Although short ranged, it can cripple and even kill if the attacker does not back away quickly.

Environment Restrictions: The Juggernaut is huge. Tight spaces are a no-no.

infesjuggcolor_zps229dab7f.png

It looks kinda cute actually~

maybe its just me but it just looks fluffy~

not muscly with hooves instead of arms like the sketch~

I was hoping it was gonna be more gorrila like and not like a mule~

more humanoid would have been more intimidating~

but I guess thats just me~

Good work guys~

It looks almost like my bull dog.  A car sized, angry, infested bull dog.

WTB PLUSH JUGGERNAUT D.E.!  Make it happen!

love the poison, but i hope it's mostly mid to short range. This guy looks better suited for physical attacks like charging and smacking things around.

10/10 from me DE i bet he'll look even better in game!

It looks almost like my bull dog.  A car sized, angry, infested bull dog..

WTB PLUSH JUGGERNAUT D.E.!  Make it happen!

so much yes. WE NEED PLUSHY AND CHIBI JUGGERNAUT

Am I the only one who dislike this one, it nothing as it's concept. The other 2 got their concept made as they made it, this one is just something else with the same name and similar attacks.

I'am not saying it's not cool it still is but I liked the original concept better, not this infested rhino thing