The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hardest Frame To Get

Dreadwire

Mesa's the most vulnerable to bad RNG atm, because of the key acquisition process. Vauban's just as bad.

But Limbo's quest can be surprisingly hard to solo, especially if you haven't worked on Archwing at all. It was fine when there was plenty of people doing it, so you could tag along in a good group, but doing it solo with crappy equipment is indeed a trial.

yea I want a hydroid but not a lot of groups going for it, and a large # of the groups that do the mission are new folks clearing the planet which leads to, erm, mixed results.   He is just a wee bit annoying for the level of planet he is on...  earth is still new player area really, and this fight is a bit above that.

Mesa wins though.  I workd on it all last week or so and have 1 whole alad key now.    You can't farm it like the others... you have to wait for three missions with a key piece and do each of those at least three times and do all that another 10+ times to get all the parts...    but its at least 9 runs and a day of crafting just to get ONE key, and it usually takes 2-3 days to find 3 missions that give key parts.    I don't want her that badly.

Edited by jonnin

<- Booben.

I have him, main him and can build him a second time if I want. But it's still booben.

You can get a coordinate for mesa almost everyday but Booben is just pure RNG in its hardest form.

Edited by counterflux

Mesa, because of all of these gates (there's like like 5 RNG and timegates total?)

Vauban, because alert exclusive.

Limbo, because majority of the community doesn't care about Archwing, so getting all these theorems is PITA.

Oberon, because requires player to kill excessive amounts of eximus units (and it would seem like the player can get only 2 BPs per game, I've never seen all 3 BPs drop in a single game, even when being left with 9 helmets and 7 systems, no chassis etc).

I've actually had missions drop multiple copies of Oberon several times now. Usually it happens if I do a 60 minute T2S or something, we end up getting flooded with eximus units and they start dropping like mad.

Mesa, because of all of these gates (there's like like 5 RNG and timegates total?)

Vauban, because alert exclusive.

Limbo, because majority of the community doesn't care about Archwing, so getting all these theorems is PITA.

Oberon, because requires player to kill excessive amounts of eximus units (and it would seem like the player can get only 2 BPs per game, I've never seen all 3 BPs drop in a single game, even when being left with 9 helmets and 7 systems, no chassis etc).

Oberon? OBERON!?!

Mesa, hands down. It's cheaper to Plat-buy than to go through the trouble to farm her, in my opinion.

I farmed her... it took so long.... painfully so... You have to run 9 missions to have the coords to build ONE key. 30 missions (27 for coords, 3 for the runs), MINIMUM for Mesa, if you do not get all three pieces in those 30 runs, you need to do at least another 10 missions to get Mesa. And, with RNG being non-compliant, that equates to an additional 50 missions for unlucky players. Worse, if RNG wishes to punish you.

That's why I find Mesa harder than Hydroid. Whereas Hydroid, even when he needed Beacons to farm, you could get multiple beacons per run. Those beacons were Always available, unlike Mutalist Coords. 2 Missions to get a key. Now, with it being even closer to hand, I find the difficulties some have with Hek to be far FAR simpler than Mutalist Alad V.

Honorable Mention: Vauban. RNG Alert Mission reward. Long-term goal. Don't focus on him, try to get his pieces as they appear, but DO NOT focus on getting him. You will rage.

Edited by NoLife

Vauban isn't hard. I built him once in like a week, maxed him and sold him. Then built him again just to make sure. And sold him again.

Now Chroma, that was a pain in the clem.

I haven't tried farming for Mesa, but I'm told it's stupid grindy and Hydroid was annoying too, certainly.