Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anybody Else Feel Like Weapons Should Be Primed At A Faster Rate?

Jahadaya

There are a bunch of weapons constantly coming out, at a much faster rate than there are frames. Yet, at most we get 2 new Prime versions of some every 3 months... and with the most recent Prime pack we didn't even get any (Volt).

I feel like there should be some new way that DE introduces Prime weapons, or something. I don't know, I just really want some of my favorite weapons to have an awesome looking Prime model without having to likely wait 4+ years for it :P

Of course I know the potential problems with this, like powercreep (which wouldn't really happen if we were to have an upper limit on how powerful gear could be), and drop table dilution (which is hopefully being addressed with Starchart 3.0), and other things. I just really want a Galatine Prime, and a Aksomati Prime to go with my Soma Prime, haha. 

But on a serious note - do you somewhat agree?

I do agree, Lex Prime wasn't released as part of a 'Prime Access', i don't see what's stopping them releasing another Prime Weapon outside of PA's. This wait between Nova and Ash just to get 1 new prime weapon that hardly anyone is going to use since it's a sniper is tedious. 

I would be fine if they released 1 or 2 prime weapons between the major updates through either more lore (expanding on what prime items actually are) or just some quest based void missions that reward a slightly lower tier of prime weapons other than those that drop in the void through RNG.

Nope. Or we would have subpar designed weapons that look like someone just painted them gold.

Art cannot be hurried.

But we already know that DE finishes making Prime items way before a new PA is released. We also already know the rate at which they can put out new weapons (pretty darn high).

I'm not asking for a new one every week, but occasionally more than just 1 or 2 every 3 months. 

But we already know that DE finishes making Prime items way before a new PA is released. We also already know the rate at which they can put out new weapons (pretty darn high).

I'm not asking for a new one every week, but occasionally more than just 1 or 2 every 3 months. 

Primes are work in progress, and until Mynki decides something is good, nothing is released. Even if something might seem finished, that might be changed if Mynki doesnt like it day after.

in theory, this would be good, but to marketing, DE would be shortening the longevity of Warframe, see here, warframe has been alive for about 2 and a half months, that means a limited amount of tenno weapons have been primed and DE might run out of tenno weapons to prime and might release too many bugs and reinforcements about crappy weapons just to be primed.

Basically, this would ruin the game simply because DE would be tired and because of the chain of events that occur

that and the fact that noone wants to pay for the game or spend an entire week getting 15 primed parts.

Nope. Or we would have subpar designed weapons that look like someone just painted them gold.

Art cannot be hurried.

Creating a prime variant of a weapon would not take even more than 40 developer days. And its not like most of the prime weapons we already have, has any significant difference. Ie; Orthos Prime, Lex Prime and etc.

The problem with releasing new primes faster is having places to put them. blah blah they're blowing up the void, but that doesn't matter yet at least since it hasn't happened and we have no idea how it's going to work when and if they do. If they did start priming more weapons and frames and companions etc at a faster rate there'd be almost no where to put them without diluting drop rates all to 1 percent each.

in theory, this would be good, but to marketing, DE would be shortening the longevity of Warframe, see here, warframe has been alive for about 2 and a half months, that means a limited amount of tenno weapons have been primed and DE might run out of tenno weapons to prime and might release too many bugs and reinforcements about crappy weapons just to be primed.

Basically, this would ruin the game simply because DE would be tired and because of the chain of events that occur

that and the fact that noone wants to pay for the game or spend an entire week getting 15 primed parts.

Longest 2 and a half months I've experienced. 

And no one is asking for a new prime weapon every day, hell even every month might be pushing it abit. It's not like there was a new prime weapon last week and we're back to asking for more, it's been almost 6 months since we got the last set.

Nothing wrong with asking for there to be more prime weapon releases.

Edited by DeMonkey

I dont think they should prime everything. If they do, they need to remove some primes from circulation. Primes seem to invalidate the original. When a player discovers there is a prime variant, why put work into the normal one? 

Personally, i went straight for scindo prime and didnt really bother much with its regular version. Same with the frames.

Also- IMO, the prime look could become oversaturated fast and turn this game into something too blinged out and gaudy. Then again, i am a little bias, as i prefer the grittier worn look of the aesthetics. Some prime Frames just look to gaudy and change the feel of the game to me.

Art cannot be hurried.

Lots of professional artists working in industries like comics, animation, music, movies tv series and videogames have deadlines, it means that if they don't finish their work before a certain date, they are fired. So yes, art can be hurried.

A. Make Prime Weapons actually unique. Make them mechanically different and not inherently better than their regular counterparts or simply with different stats.

B. Buff normal weapons instead of releasing prime versions that are inherently better. You're just making power creep.

C. Release entirely new weapons instead of power creeping with improved gold bling versions of regular weapons. Also don't just stick different stats on a functionally identical weapon. It's boring.

Edited by Tabrunette