The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question To The Vets

(PSN)silent9_

if u intend serious as "persons who i can trust in" mr 17+. I know that mr does not tell us a player ability (better seriousness than ability cause warframe is not an ability game), but if someone play enough time to achieve that mr, it's sure at 90% that he/she knows well how to play. Someone say : " I saw many mr 18+ who suck" , i don't know where u play, but in 3 years of gameplay i've never found a top tier mr player who sucks at the game, maybe in some situations they freeze or go afk for too long or don't play seriously cause they are bored but they know how to play. 

if u intend serious as "persons who i can trust in" mr 17+. I know that mr does not tell us a player ability (better seriousness than ability cause warframe is not an ability game), but if someone play enough time to achieve that mr, it's sure at 90% that he/she knows well how to play. Someone say : " I saw many mr 18+ who suck" , i don't know where u play, but in 3 years of gameplay i've never found a top tier mr player who sucks at the game, maybe in some situations they freeze or go afk for too long or don't play seriously cause they are bored but they know how to play. 

3 years?

I thought Warframe was only 2 years old.

3 years?

I thought Warframe was only 2 years old.

It's almost 3 years old.

@ OP, Only thing I look at is equipment. If someone is trying to bring an unranked/midranked warframe and all three of his weapons are unranked or like 0-15 I'll be telling them to change their equipment and if they don't I just leave and remake.

i'll run with anyone skilled or unskilled it doesn't matter. if I don't like the person/player arrogance or they are being disrespectful ill simply just abort the mission.

Time will be the deciding factor of how well one thinks they know the game and how far they can push that build they so religiously coveted. I'm no pro nor am I skilled enough but ill treat WF  as what it is >> a video game just meant to entertain me which it is doing a poor and a very poor job since this year has started.

I've seen it all done it all proved many wrong of their beliefs with no apologies. some will say warframe has evolved I tend to differ from such bs. certain things has changed yes but many more is constant and recycled.

Every player will reach that burned out phase in a vid game and there will be days or a time span where that player(s) just isn't so into pew pew, swish swish. so bear in mind when putting a group together please let everyone know whats the main target/objective and if their up to the task at hand. that would be a better approach than to stereotype players  whom may not be in the mood from the get-go.

One attribute is not more important than the other. MR rank, conclave, equipment levels, name, and so on should all be taken into account when evaluating a team member. No one should ever be judged purely based on one characteristic of their account. 

That being said, there is no substitute for opening a line of constructive communication.

When looking at MR, at which level do you take a Tenno serious?  MR 10+?  MR 18+?

MR has nothing to do with skill, it has to do with the content that the player has acquired. 

Therefor it is just plainly stupid to judge people on MR, that's completely baseless.

Sure, there are more skilled players in the higher MR than in the lower, but there are exceptions on both sides. 

I don't judge on MR, just the way you play in game and if you are active enough you will reach high MR quickly

MR has nothing to do with skill, it has to do with the content that the player has acquired. 

Therefor it is just plainly stupid to judge people on MR, that's completely baseless.

Sure, there are more skilled players in the higher MR than in the lower, but there are exceptions on both sides. 

I don't judge on MR, just the way you play in game and if you are active enough you will reach high MR quickly

Its not "baseless" Someone with a high MR most likely put in more hours than someone with a low MR.

Sure, its possible to grind effortlessly up to MR15, but most new players aren't that efficient. Most high MR players are dedicated players whove put in a good bit of work to get there and are not just grinding out MR.

I definitely judge MR because ive been burned far more often by low MR players than high MR players. From t4s to trials. I wont even waste my time to do a NM trial with a very low MR player anymore unless they are properly vetted. (just takes 1 person to mess up hijack).

Ive played with low MR players that dont fully understand reward rotations, so a whole low MR group bailed on a survival at 38 minutes because they got scared, practically wasting 18 minutes, when i couldve soloed those last two minutes even if they just went to hide until 40. Most low MR players just DONT know the game and nuances enough- especially for high level content. 

For a majority of content it doesnt matter though. Even in regular trial, its easy to carry a player sometimes, as long as they read the chat when everyone is yelling at them to get on a pad. If im only going 20 min, ill recruit anyone who ask for an invite- i dont even check profile. 

The only bad high MR players ive really encountered were really just selfish and not good teammates, they were not necessarily "bad". 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Its not "baseless" Someone with a high MR most likely put in more hours than someone with a low MR.

Sure, its possible to grind effortlessly up to MR15, but most new players aren't that efficient. Most high MR players are dedicated players whove put in a good bit of work to get there and are not just grinding out MR.

I definitely judge MR because ive been burned far more often by low MR players than high MR players. From t4s to trials. I wont even waste my time to do a NM trial with a very low MR player anymore unless they are properly vetted. (just takes 1 person to mess up hijack).

Ive played with low MR players that dont fully understand reward rotations, so a whole low MR group bailed on a survival at 38 minutes because they got scared, practically wasting 18 minutes, when i couldve soloed those last two minutes even if they just went to hide until 40. Most low MR players just DONT know the game and nuances enough- especially for high level content. 

For a majority of content it doesnt matter though. Even in regular trial, its easy to carry a player sometimes, as long as they read the chat when everyone is yelling at them to get on a pad. If im only going 20 min, ill recruit anyone who ask for an invite- i dont even check profile. 

The only bad high MR players ive really encountered were really just selfish and not good teammates, they were not necessarily "bad". 

Well, I've seen MR9s not knowing what a syndana is and people who had a huge break from warframe starting all over again. 

See with plats it is very very easy to buy yourself into a high Mastery Rank and of course people with low gear cannot handle a T4 sur, but neither would a MR10.

When it comes to these people who screw things up, that ofcourse comes down to the individual.

I'm not saying you can;t judge people, but MR is not the right way to go about it

Well, I've seen MR9s not knowing what a syndana is and people who had a huge break from warframe starting all over again. 

See with plats it is very very easy to buy yourself into a high Mastery Rank and of course people with low gear cannot handle a T4 sur, but neither would a MR10.

When it comes to these people who screw things up, that ofcourse comes down to the individual.

I'm not saying you can;t judge people, but MR is not the right way to go about it

Honestly, i wasnt always a MR snob.

Ive just gotten salty over time from bad experiences. Where at first i was like "come one,come all! ill be the one to give you a chance!"- i learned the hard way why some people request MR.

I still only look at MR when im doing NM or t4 double rotation C. Other than that, i look at low MR players as more advanced specters. I can beat most content with a specter.

It's obviously some kind of guide, because you can't get a high MR without having put some hours into the game, and having the skills to pass the MR tests.

It's not an infallible guide because someone can put in hours and have some skills and still be a bad team player, or a #$&(%.

So it's better than nothing, but imperfect.  Like most things in the world :)

When looking at MR, at which level do you take a Tenno serious?  MR 10+?  MR 18+?

I don't look at MR, but I do look at gear. I'm not too picky, but I'm really not inclined to bring someone with a mk-1 braton and mundane sicarus into T4 unless we've seriously worked something out.

MR is kind of a poor indicator. If someone found their ideal gear early on and built it up, they could have become a really excellent player but still have a low MR. Not always the case, probably not even common, but the possibility makes it a poor grounds to discriminate. If they don't care about the dragon nikana, why would they get to 8? They might just be cool with what they have and not worry about the number.