Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is That...yin-Yang Warframe?

Cipherid

Well this seems to have split the community down the middle. Whoops.

In regards to her appearance, I'll reserve judgement for a full-body concept image first.

Unless they show her ingame model later today, which I doubt.

>split the community down the middle

Well, she IS the Yin/Yang frame... <:

You need to find the image without her skirt.  She literally has nothing.  Mesa has more than her by far. 

Also Chroma has best Butt in the entire game :^)  The only PBR arsh :^) :^)

Double heresy. Glorious Lobster Butt forever.

*PBArse

But who are we to say what is art and what isn't?

I would not call a piece of tiled wall with a light switch in the middle of it 'art'. Nor would I call a red dot on a white canvas art either. While it may be slightly difficult to really specify what truly is art, common sense does come into play and I feel the word 'art' is incorrectly thrown around often.

And this is coming from an Founder?

Dear lord, I understand what Founder really means now...

oh PLS ......please.....stop it

There is nothing wrong with the community disagreeing with something.  And if that disagreement comes to an agreement towards better change, what's the problem?   

Ignore upvotes....if DE and DC agree towards a different design than what's shown then we'll have to suck it up.  Just how I'll have to suck it up if this is the final design.

Unlike the majority that browse this forum I don't agree with waiting until something is finish to voice my opinion.   That destroys the whole idea of DE being open arms with their players.  It's arsh-backwards...

I don't hate the design, but personally I do feel like I've seen a better design that what was presented.  And others in DC feel the same.   As a business, it's up to DE to show us why we should like it, that's the challenge.   So if anything it should push them to make the design as sick as possible. 

I could care less about making a player butthurt because of my own personal opinion.  I'll argue all day about a strong opinion if need be.  

The thing that I don't get is that almost everyone on this thread is convinced that the new frame is female-only. The philosophy of Yin and Yang describes how opposites survive off of each other; Light and Dark, Order and Chaos, Male and Female the list goes on. Yin represents the feminine side of the philosophy and is connected to Night, Cold, Passitivity and Destruction, whereas Yang represents everything opposite; Masculinity, Heat, Day and Protection. Everyone seems to miss the point that having a female-only warframe based on such a diverse subject just would not make any sense. Even in a space Ninja game, people still like a bit of reality to be present.

And why are so many people worried about DE's sacred 'Male,Female' order of releasing Warframes. It will be a refreshing change if DE finalise this new Frame as androgynous.  Not everything has to be in a set order. If nothing changed in Warframe, people wouldn't have been playing it for so long. Don't know why some people are so desperate for more female sex appeal, or 'booty', anyway, occupy yourselves with the female frames currently present, or better yet; the internet.

Also the design is sweet.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

The thing that I don't get is that almost everyone on this thread is convinced that the new frame is female-only. The philosophy of Yin and Yang describes how opposites survive off of each other; Light and Dark, Order and Chaos, Male and Female the list goes on. Yin represents the feminine side of the philosophy and is connected to Night, Cold, Passitivity and Destruction, whereas Yang represents everything opposite; Masculinity, Heat, Day and Protection. Everyone seems to miss the point that having a female-only warframe based on such a diverse subject just would not make any sense. Even in a space Ninja game, people still like a bit of reality to be present.

And why are so many people worried about DE's sacred 'Male,Female' order of releasing Warframes. It will be a refreshing change if DE finalise this new Frame as androgynous.  Not everything has to be in a set order. If nothing changed in Warframe, people wouldn't have been playing it for so long. Don't know why some people are so desperate for more female sex appeal, or 'booty', anyway, occupy yourselves with the female frames currently present, or better yet; the internet.

Also the design is sweet.

Because she IS female. Check her body under those white rings, you will see hourglass figure in there.

Maybe she works out?

Possibly. The Frame seems very similiar to a character from Diablo; Ithereal. That character is general referred to as a male but does not posses many qualities that can officially set it as female or male. It would be very interesting to play a Frame that either has no gender or can switch between them in missions to access a different set of powers. Also, Limbo is very lanky and posses an hourglass shape, but he's not female.

Like I said; it could have characteristics of both Male and Female. It has two forms so each leans more towards the gender it is connected with but not quite. There is some masculinity in there.

And... she does! At the core it's a female frame, but when going into its different forms it takes on a more masculine or more feminine look. I look at the white Yang side and I see a masculine silhouette to it, even if underneath it still lies a feminine one, while with yang we have a dressy feminine look.

If you want to dig deeper: with the Yang side he's a little more streamlined, a little more looking like he'd have freedom to actively move, while with Yin all that dressy look would get in the way of moving around in reality and make her a little more passive - fitting with the active/passive dichotomy of Yang/Yin as well.

Edited by Morec0

And... she does! At the core it's a female frame, but when going into its different forms it takes on a more masculine or more feminine look. I look at the white Yang side and I see a masculine silhouette to it, even if underneath it still lies a feminine one, while with yang we have a dressy feminine look.

If you want to dig deeper: with the Yang side he's a little more streamlined, a little more looking like he'd have freedom to actively move, while with Yin all that dressy look would get in the way of moving around in reality and make her a little more passive - fitting with the active/passive dichotomy of Yang/Yin as well.

It is a very interesting concept when you really think about it isn't it? Yang would lean towards being bit more of a defensive side, whereas Yin is destruction focused. So we would have a slow moving destruction frame and a fast paced defensive frame. 

It is a very interesting concept when you really think about it isn't it? Yang would lean towards being bit more of a defensive side, whereas Yin is destruction focused. So we would have a slow moving destruction frame and a fast paced defensive frame. 

Again, I get the OPPOSITE idea from that; Yang is offensive focused (fitting with the Active nature of that side) while Yin is more defensive and supporty (fitting with Yin's association with being Passive). 

Again, I get the OPPOSITE idea from that; Yang is offensive focused (fitting with the Active nature of that side) while Yin is more defensive and supporty (fitting with Yin's association with being Passive). 

Yin is associated with certain negatives, like chaos. Yang is associated with certain positives, such as Order. Chaos is destruction, Order is peace and protection. Destruction and Preservation. Yin and Yang.

Yin is associated with certain negatives, like chaos. Yang is associated with certain positives, such as Order. Chaos is destruction, Order is peace and protection. Destruction and Preservation. Yin and Yang.

And that's true, but it's hard for me to imagine "passive destruction" without it being a lot of not-fun AoE abilities. Personally, it's a lot more understandable to picture a Yang side of the frame as being "really active, moving around, using abilities to do damage on the fly" while Yin is "stay stationary, don't move a lot, use channeled abilities from there to provide support to others".

There are multiple interpretations that could be pulled from this... Though this discussion got me fearing DE might be in for a S#&$storm come the reveal.

Edited by Morec0

It also has a lot to do with perspective too.

Like from our perspective the whole universe has no order and is all in chaos, however you zoom out more and see a larger picture you will see that it is in order, zoom out even further and you will see that it's in chaos, zoom out more and it's in order, it's like a endless pattern, chaos within order, within chaos and with order over and over again.