Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Wrong.

Consistency would be getting rid of Radial Javelin as it does not fit the swordsman theme.

It summons swords from the ground to skewer enemy. That is pretty sword theme, it's effect is just underwhelming

I feel the same way. The auto parry is awesome for survivability without being OP, but not having it auto parry stomps etc. lends to the player utilizing skill to make the most of the ability. Basically, you have to keep an eye on your surroundings, watch for the MOAs gearing up for a stomp, and be ready with the RMB to block it. Same goes for the Fire Eximus and other similar radial knockdown abilities. 

This is Warframe, a game where you give people a wonderful tool and they complain that it doesn't do everything to the point that they need only to press a button repeatedly to win effortlessly.  "Why can't we recast Chaos?"  "Why can't we use Radial Disarm in the air?"  Why isn't Molecular Prime instant?"  This is the Warframe community.  

dispite all the talk and feed back nerfs to his radial javelin and Radial Blind have made him unviable.

Nekros's Army of Shadows will block Excaliburs RB.

Specially when you meet a rare Nekros user that is modded for SOTD

Edit:  This also needs testing.  Either I couldn't tell wtf was going on the mission, or they caused LOS.

Edited by Ishki88

Edit:  This also needs testing.  Either I couldn't tell wtf was going on the mission, or they caused LOS.

Once U17 drops with it's Charged Jumps things will be better, if DE makes Excal's charged jumps work like Super Jump then everything gonna be k.

Here are what I found:

Bugs/weird interactions:

1.When using radial blind(first) and radial javelin(second) in very quick succession, excalibur will then proceed to perform radial blind animation twice. Those last two blind does not seems to do anything other than interrupt your animations.

2. This happened twice to me, while I am not 100% sure of how to reproduce the bug since you need a lot of different factors but here what happens with the most information as possible (screenshot to come): While using soma, after emptying your clip during the recharge animation if you cast exalted blade and if you are knocked down at some point, you will be stock holding an invisible soma, with soma sheathed at your back and all power "in use" (while no actual power is in use since energy siphon works). you are also unable to switch weapons or melee. How to end the bug? I don't know seems to be time related, I was able to go back to normal both time, but the circumstance were pretty different, once was knocked down while spamming everything, the other was simply running around trying to use my sentinel to kills things.

3. While using Exalted blade, if you slide attack you will use a no-cost version of radial blind, this blind seems to work only at insane close range(within 1-3m) and or at nearby (~10m) range very rarely.

4. Radial Javelin seems to ?blind? stun? enemies? While running a few void missions I came to see to lancers that would survive the ability would use the ?blind? animation (with hands covering their eyes).

Nice thing to note:

Slash Dash additional target are based from the original target/hit, which sometime cause slash dash to only hit one enemy when enemies are right besides each other. Slash dash will also not target an enemy after being cast if he wasn't there.

3. While using Exalted blade, if you slide attack you will use a no-cost version of radial blind, this blind seems to work only at insane close range(within 1-3m) and or at nearby (~10m) range very rarely.

uhhhhhhhhhhh......that's a buff...read the Hotfixes and wiki

Here are what I found:

Bugs/weird interactions:

3. While using Exalted blade, if you slide attack you will use a no-cost version of radial blind, this blind seems to work only at insane close range(within 1-3m) and or at nearby (~10m) range very rarely

this one is meant to cost nothing however Im not sure about the range

4. Radial Javelin seems to ?blind? stun? enemies? While running a few void missions I came to see to lancers that would survive the ability would use the ?blind? animation (with hands covering their eyes).

3) That's part of the stance/ability.  You get free low range low duration radial blind on slide attacks.

4) Radial Javelin "pins" enemies that it doesn't kill with it's javelins, again, that's part of the ability.  If you look closer at the enemies that are "covering their eyes" you'll see your javelin (skana or skana p) sticking out of their face, they are trying to pull it out.

This isn't a bug. This is a feature.

From the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Radial_Javelin

Enemies that survive the damage are temporarily stunned

how is this relevant to what i was saying?o.O

While Exalted blade is active it will use every energy orb you walk over even if you are close to the max. This makes it difficult to save energy orbs for later when they are made in abundance.

A relatively simple solution would be to add a short cooldown after you fill your energy pool completely that prevents you from picking up orbs again for ~5 seconds.

While Exalted blade is active it will use every energy orb you walk over even if you are close to the max. This makes it difficult to save energy orbs for later when they are made in abundance.

A relatively simple solution would be to add a short cooldown after you fill your energy pool completely that prevents you from picking up orbs again for ~5 seconds.

That's not an Excal but, that's a Warframe bug...lol...come on people 

^This could work in our favor and not...but I wouldn't mind DE doing a test run of this
Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden quote

This Excal re-work really exposed what type of players Warframe has.....this game should of attracted players of Ninja Gaiden....Shinobi....Devil May Cry....Z.O.E......shoot even SNES Ninja Turtles....but nope the opposite...Warcraft and "click to let cpu take over" games  :^)

XD

No shade...but if you think something sucks because you can't cast an ability to suspend the target in time....or completely nuke...

On-Topic:  We should hold our breathes on the upcoming Excal changes...unless you're cool with the praising/hating cycle..lets just see what information they took and what information they didn't implement (yet)

I would like to add that,Excalibur rework is pretty neat and all(Like you did the best)

But:Jusst kidding,the Rewamp is a Big step forward,its realy good :)

The only thing that is weird for me ,is his sword mode(exalted blade),i mean the dmg and look and system and stuff is reaaaaly nice,BUT his sword is so smaaaal ;,( 

He could have a big &#! broadsword or a long sword ( ö b ö) but a dagger?It looks weird.

Its not a thing you need to fix,i just wanted to add it looks weird :)

I would like to add that,Excalibur rework is pretty neat and all(Like you did the best)

But:Jusst kidding,the Rewamp is a Big step forward,its realy good :)

The only thing that is weird for me ,is his sword mode(exalted blade),i mean the dmg and look and system and stuff is reaaaaly nice,BUT his sword is so smaaaal ;,( 

He could have a big ! broadsword or a long sword ( ö b ö) but a dagger?It looks weird.

Its not a thing you need to fix,i just wanted to add it looks weird :)

considering that the blade is about the same size as his arm or leg, I would argue that it is a long sword. or at least a larger shortsword.

I absolutely love the rework, DE definitely knocked it out of the park on this one. Outstanding job. However, the new exalted blade does come with a several bugs and notably is when you accidentally fall out of the map you get stuck without your sword or the ability to switch back to weapons. Happened to me on several matches already and its horrible. :( 

Exalted Blade kills appear to give weapon xp and not frame xp. Kills by frame powers are supposed to go 100% to the frame. But I noticed no significant increase in frame xp when doing an entire defense with exalted blade vs doing it with guns. Makes forma leveling really slow.

However I was with a squad, so it'd hard to know for sure. Can anyone else confirm this is what they are seeing?

Edit: did a defense run using nothing but radial javelin and got way more so than with exalted blade. However, when I equipped just an I ranked melee weapon and nothing else and used exalted blade I got zero weapon do either. So I'm not sure it's giving proper xp at all.

Edited by weezedog

radial blind has a bug that makes it go off by itself when you cast it and doing a finisher it keeps going, blinding and blinding till your energy pool is depleted that needs fixing asap. other than that everything works as intended.

i'm still restricting myself from playing excal much due to radial blind radiating to my real eyes and blinding/hurting me, and more the reason to not play him due to no spin attacks on EB =(.

also i can see the top posters here being arrogant as hell. is that what screenshoting their e-peen does to a person? feed arrogancy? we couldn't care less if u went solo in t4. some ppl went deep into the discussion for awhile and lead away from speaking about their main point(giving feedback), it's you challenging them to prove your opinion is right that keeps people off-topic by accepting your challenge when it's not even related to their point.

p.s. also, my ash can still do better, suk it. inb4 put screenshot, i give zero fks. i only go squad of 4.

Edited by SomeCrackHead