Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Removed Weapons From Our Back?

_Rue_

Quoting myself on this because things change very quickly (especially when shiny new capes become a reality, can't have those clipping!). It looks like a 'Weapons visible when Holstered' option is being explored soon!

Thank you.

DE_Rebecca and the team, for taking another look at this, wise decision IMO, but choice & option is a must as other Tenno have stated numerous times.

Looking forward to see what you guys have in store for us ;)

Yes!! I love this idea, I'll defenitely turn the option off... Just a thing... how about splitting this option into three: Primary, Secondary, and Meele? I'm pretty sure there is someone out there like me that loves how their secondary looks, but hates most of the primary and meele on the back... please DE, make it happen <3

I was just about to type this. If this is implemented, it should be for each type of weapon instead of an option for all three.

How will this impact weapon holstering as a gameplay mechanic?

We have an aura card devoted just to increasing the speed of an animation that won't make any sense with concealable weapons.

You reach back to put your Dual Zorens away and they... vanish. You move your hand up, and suddenly a Soma Prime materializes? You swap to your Despair, and pouches sprout from your legs...?

Yes!! I love this idea, I'll defenitely turn the option off... Just a thing... how about splitting this option into three: Primary, Secondary, and Meele? I'm pretty sure there is someone out there like me that loves how their secondary looks, but hates most of the primary and meele on the back... please DE, make it happen <3

I'd love this, especially for Kronen and Boltace, because those on the back look epic, or the throwing knives pouches.

How will this impact weapon holstering as a gameplay mechanic?

We have an aura card devoted just to increasing the speed of an animation that won't make any sense with concealable weapons.

You reach back to put your Dual Zorens away and they... vanish. You move your hand up, and suddenly a Soma Prime materializes? You swap to your Despair, and pouches sprout from your legs...?

Havent you seen how weapon swapping in borderlands looks? it literally materializes into their hands from a device on their bodies. Its a neat effect really.

Quoting myself on this because things change very quickly (especially when shiny new capes become a reality, can't have those clipping!). It looks like a 'Weapons visible when Holstered' option is being explored soon!

I can see 4 problems with this, just throwing them out there because I think it would remove a couple complaints once actually released.

1. Generally, if it's a regular options menu checkbox, then you will constantly have to change it depending on your personal preference if you have one weapon that you don't want to see, but then you switch that weapon out for another one through the arsenal, but you DO want to have that weapon be visible, so then you have to go back to the options menu.
2.  Nikanas magically appearing from your waist
3. Silva/Aegis magically popping up on your arm
4. Boltace/Cernos that are used for that added 'aesthetic' look
Edited by PhoenixElite

Oh....my GOD.

No more super glued pistols on my hips! AHHHH!!! WOO!

PS: Do this option for syandanas too, so we can run arcanes without having to look at those gaudy things.

I would be ecstatic to say the least. I have piles of arcanes just waiting for the occasion.

Edited by holstein

Option certainly is the key word. It'll be a 'holstered weapons visible' yes/no option. If you want to show your holstered weapons, leave them visible. If you don't want to show your holstered weapons, toggle the option.

Will we be able to toggle it per weapon? Say I don't want my primary and secondary to show, just my melee weapon. Or vice versa. 

^ This :)

So, when someone turns it off, does that mean that in his game it will turn off visible holstered weapons on all players, and others on their game will still be able to see his, or that in all instances it will only be his weapons that will be invisible?

To elaborate, three players in a game

1 has turned off holstered weaps-let's call him bob

2 have it on-joe and ricky

Alternative 1: Bob can't see the holstered weapons of himself as well as those of joe and ricky, whereas joe and ricky can not only see their holstered weapons but also bob's.

Alternative 2: Bob can't see his holstered weapons, but can see those of joe and ricky, and joe and ricky can see their own weaps but not bob's.

giphy.gif

Option certainly is the key word. It'll be a 'holstered weapons visible' yes/no option. If you want to show your holstered weapons, leave them visible. If you don't want to show your holstered weapons, toggle the option.

I hope this option is placed in the cosmetics tabs for all weapons, that way we can choose which weapons we want to be invisible and which not to be.

Ex: Quanta set to invis, and Sliva & Aegis set to visible... 

Wouldn't want all weapons to be invis, also I hope there is some cool transition animations so that holstering invis weapons is more fluent