Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Word On The Auction House?

Twistedsparkle

anyone know if DE is still planning on it or not?

trading is still a mess

I have loads of spare rare mods that Id sell gladly

I just dont want to yell in chat for hours WTS Cr*p :D

To be honest, people sitting in Trade yelling "WTS Crap" are the reason people sit in Trade chat for hours.  If the people trying to sell would shut up and let the people yelling "WTB Crap" get a word in edgewise, the situation would resolve itself.

The devs have said they'd like to give Trade UI a massive upgrade, they've acknowledged it's a mess at the moment.

That being said, I recall them specifically saying that they're against the idea of an auction house.

What do you mean by "still planning" one?

"We will absolutely never have an auction house in Waframe. We do not want trading to be like Diablo 3."

It sounds like the opposite to me.

PS. I use warframe.market for my WF trading needs. Others use dojo.trade but it only has 3 day listings.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

To be honest, people sitting in Trade yelling "WTS Crap" are the reason people sit in Trade chat for hours.  If the people trying to sell would shut up and let the people yelling "WTB Crap" get a word in edgewise, the situation would resolve itself.

EXACTLY

That being said, I recall them specifically saying that they're against the idea of an auction house.

This.

They have talked about it several times.

So, to the question "Any Word on the auction house", I have one word for you: "NO!"

The devs have said they'd like to give Trade UI a massive upgrade, they've acknowledged it's a mess at the moment.

Iirc steve has talked about listing some forum of asynchronous trading in multiple dev streams, so while it may not be an auction house per say, we will probably eventually see something akin to one eventually.

Edited by Aggh

Some kind of Auction House would be awesome for those that wish to buy, but for those that want to sell...

Think about it, almost all prime parts will cost very little, because there will be a lot of people trying to sell those parts and most of them want to sell fast, so they will put on an auction with lower price. So while you could sell parts fast, you will most certanly earn a lot less plat.

That is a bad deal for DE too, because many would have less reasons to buy Platinum. To work, DE would have to intervene in prices, which they don't want to do as far as i know.

auction house is a bad idea. Such system would be immediately abused. It's easy to manipulate price, cheap stuff would become totally worthless(literaly 1p per part) and harder to obtain stuff prices would skyrocked due to "cartel" or some "fat tom" buying out all copies below his price lvl and owning 90% of such items in market rotation. And there always are ppl who play tradeframe not warframe. so, big no in my opinion.

Boils down to this-

Auction House: Convenient, eliminates need for spamming messages in a chaotic chat room, transactions don't require both parties to be active or interact, but likely to crash the game economy because too much constant competition

Current: Messy, hindered by players connectivity & Dojo, fairly disorganized & chaotic. but prices are decent (but overly expensive sometimes)

Edited by CruelCrow

Just not pls champions online or wow like action house. Vor crap will flood the top.

Yeah it's almost like new players actually WANT to benefit from the trade system pfft, Prime Parts and end game content or NOTHING scrubs!

But seriously, through no fault of anyone at all this system is so inhospitable to new or casual players who don't want to spend hours waiting for someone to buy whatever it is they are selling in chat like two ships passing in a foggy, dreary night that it needs something to make it viable. I have plenty of things to trade to new and intermediate level players but I'd rather be playing the game than helicoptering over the trade chat all night. 

auction house is a bad idea. Such system would be immediately abused. It's easy to manipulate price, cheap stuff would become totally worthless(literaly 1p per part) and harder to obtain stuff prices would skyrocked due to "cartel" or some "fat tom" buying out all copies below his price lvl and owning 90% of such items in market rotation. And there always are ppl who play tradeframe not warframe. so, big no in my opinion.

Every time this has come people say this as though it hasn't already happened.  The vast majority of tradeable stuff in the game is worthless, especially compared to the amount of time you have to put in to sell it.  Plenty of people have spent time buying up stuff (especially event mod sets) to drive up prices.  Asynchronous trading will just mean that prices will be more visible and will reach their actual value more quickly and it will be harder to screw newer players since they'll be able to compare prices (or more ideally, check the history what an item has been selling for).

Edited by Aggh

I like the trading system at the moment. It's fair for the most part. The only thing I would say bad about trading is the UI. The DE is going to improve that so we don't need to worry.

NEVER AN AUCTION HOUSE! 

Every time this has come people say this as though it hasn't already happened.  The vast majority of tradeable stuff in the game is worthless, especially compared to the amount of time you have to put in to sell it.  Plenty of people have spent time buying up stuff (especially event mod sets) to drive up prices.  Asynchronous trading will just mean that prices will be more visible and will reach their actual value more quickly and it will be harder to screw newer players since they'll be able to compare prices (or more ideally, check the history what an item has been selling for).

Uhm I don't know what region your in? Though in the glorious US East region I have yet to experience that. Prices rise for new rare stuff, or stuff that is getting removed. Or prices fall for things that have been around forever.

The system is capitalist. You decide your own price and they decide whether their going to buy it. I haven't experienced any cartel buying up all the copies of a mod because since the playerbase is so big and the amount of people who actually buy the event mods usually don't have a copy. I have seen people buy event mods to sell later, though the people that I know who do that only have 2-3 copies of that event mod.

I enjoy our trading system, and I hope the DE doesn't change it. The most I want them to do is reduce spam and make the UI cooler.

Edited by Feallike

Having played Everquest during the hardcore days, and sitting for hours spamming chat trying to sell this or that, I'm rather astounded and flabbergasted that DE would go back to a system that is over 15 years old.

I still have PTSD thinking back to those days, and seeing it today, I can't even look at Trade chat.  The blur of text is disheartening that a gaming company in the year 2015 still condones this practice.

The players are already in somewhat control of the platinum economy as it is.  Why not give us the tools necessary to just post our wares, and return to playing.  There will always be those that are consumed with generating as much virtual currency as they can, while there will always be others who prefer doing missions and helping out other players.  Prices too high?  Don't buy it.  Eventually, folks will learn they are charging too much for something and will lower their prices until it sells.  That's how you manage an economy, not by asking the developers of a game to do it for you with convoluted and constricting methods, such as the dojo trade kiosk.

Hell, you could even turn the relays into levels of items that can be sold on those relays.  Lowbie resources and items on Mercury, higher tier items and resources on Saturn, and prime items on Pluto?  I have only unlocked up to Phobos, so not entirely sure about other relays past Saturn.  Dunno if this is viable, but just a random thought that went through my head.

TL; DR:  We're in 2015, not 1999.  Time to add an auction house of sorts on relays.  Trade chat spamming is older than old school.

Uhm I don't know what region your in? Though in the glorious US East region I have yet to experience that. Prices rise for new rare stuff, or stuff that is getting removed. Or prices fall for things that have been around forever.

The system is capitalist. You decide your own price and they decide whether their going to buy it. I haven't experienced any cartel buying up all the copies of a mod because since the playerbase is so big and the amount of people who actually buy the event mods usually don't have a copy. I have seen people buy event mods to sell later, though the people that I know who do that only have 2-3 copies of that event mod.

I enjoy our trading system, and I hope the DE doesn't change it. The most I want them to do is reduce spam and make the UI cooler.

Then you weren't paying much attention when the Cicero mods were finally reintroduced into the game.  Piles of people were whining about how the Cicero mods they had been hoarding were suddenly worthless.

Edited by Aggh

The problem is that people never actually "WTB Crap" as you put it. Whenever someone puts up a WTB, it's usually only 1 or 2 very prestigeous and expensive items. You never see someone post a WTB with a big list.

The problem is that people never actually "WTB Crap" as you put it. Whenever someone puts up a WTB, it's usually only 1 or 2 very prestigeous and expensive items. You never see someone post a WTB with a big list.

You'd never see it if they did due to the "WTS Crap" spam.  In this case, lack of evidence that a thing exists proves my point.

You'd never see it if they did due to the "WTS Crap" spam.  In this case, lack of evidence that a thing exists proves my point.

I wasn't disagreeing with you man, I agree wholeheartedly about the WTS spam. I think an Auction House would be great to resolve this. It would even double as a credit sink, much like trade taxes. 

Although, honestly, I don't get why DE hasn't made it possible for players to trade credits. I.E offering 100k credits to another player for 1 plat or something.

I wasn't disagreeing with you man, I agree wholeheartedly about the WTS spam. I think an Auction House would be great to resolve this. It would even double as a credit sink, much like trade taxes. 

Although, honestly, I don't get why DE hasn't made it possible for players to trade credits. I.E offering 100k credits to another player for 1 plat or something.

B/c DE sells creds for a stupid amount of platinum.

On the main topic, an Auction House won't drive prices down more than they are already. You can buy almost any prime set for less than 50p. There's tons of desperate ppl trying to move many parts for as little as 5p a piece. The ppl who dont want an auction house are ones who like to keep prices high.

A frame shouldn't cost more than $5. In other games ppl flip out over character dlc costing more than $5. Look at Steam when ppl were charging $2 for custom created weapons, yet here DE charges $5 or more.

Anyways, I don't think an Auction House, or official trading Post would be that bad. Right now, anytime I even post WTB, I'm flooded with pm's offering crap I didnt offer to buy, or prices I said I didn't wanna pay, then they super mad and mouth off when you don't want it. The trading chat is just awful, not to mention ppl are always trying to change the amount of plat at the last second to try and rip you off.