The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Severe Ducat Stealth Nerf. Why?

Dunkingmachine

Take a step back, breathe slowly and chill. It's just Ducats, the world isn't ending tomorrow. Since you haven't read the whole thread, I recommend checking the table where all of the prices are noted. Whatever's been "nerfed", other stuff got "buffed", so the parts that were cheap before will now garner you more Ducats.

I agree with the "chill", but you might be wrong here.

Even if we got buffs as well as nerfs, all the buffed parts are behind RNG/Grind walls, not really time wise; they're almost all in endless missions with poor % to get them.

So yea, changes are not balanced at all, it's a huge nerf, end of the story; also, it goes on pair with Baro prices getting higher and higher on every visit.

No reason to get mad, but still that's the way it is.

Part                                  Price          Change

Ankyros Prime Gauntlet    20               +30

Huh?

How is 20 a +30 ducat increase?

Here's a list of stuff I found were changed. This does not include everything because I don't have all the parts. Data was taken from screen shot above and what I had in my inventory.

Akbronco Prime Link         30               -20

Boltor Prime Blueprint       30               +10

Braton Prime Receiver      50               +30

Bronco Prime Barrel          50               +30

Burston Prime Blueprint     20               -30

Hikou Prime Blueprint        10               -40

Hikou Prime Pouch            20               -30

Lex Prime Receiver           30               +10

Loki Prime Blueprint          30               +10

Loki Prime Helmet Blueprint  30            -20

Paris Prime Grip                30               +20

Vasto Prime Receiver        30               +10

Total change: +10

my known changed items:

8Fhypvi.png

ignore the yellow boxes, they have no meaning.

EDIT: i'm missing most of Volt set and Nova System before this is completed. if someone can provide me with the current prices of those, i can update the table to accurately reflect what has happened.

btw its -70 so far.

EDIT2: In case someone is really interested in the ENTIRE LIST:

SxnXHMd.png

Edited by 321agemo

this is kind a bullS#&$, stealth change, no information provided for reasoning, no warning in advance for people who sell S#&$ when baro arrives and in the meantime accumulate parts. 

I don't understand how any of this is justifiable without giving at least a notice in advance and its not like this was an urgent matter of life and death for void/ducats/AshPrime release, you can do stuff like this in next patch and give people time (lets say a week) to farm their useless keys away and sell stuff via old prices. 

And then DE wonders when people freak out about their "initiatives" or "ideas to make game better". No @(*()$ wonder. 

Everyone is freaking out about the Ducat situation and I'm just playing like Syndicates aren't in the game yet...

I skimmed some of the thread, so I may have missed someone saying it but; talk with your wallets/time.  If you find it unreasonable, tell DE so by not using the feature. 

If this game has gotten to the point where people are having emotional distress over (overall) minor changes, then maybe you need to go for a walk in the sunshine or something.  It sounds like you aren't having fun in a game.

So they adjusted ducat prices a little. Some things went down, others went up. Big deal. I agree that they really should have put this in the changelog for everyone to see, but maybe all the outrage is just a tiny bit over the top? No?
EDIT: Ah crap, of course Noamuth had to beat me to it. :P

Edited by Berserkerkitten

So they adjusted ducat prices a little. Some things went down, others went up. Big deal. I agree that they really should have put this in the changelog for everyone to see, but maybe all the outrage is just a tiny bit over the top? No?

XD

I agree that DE should have put something in the changelog about it but still, it's just pixels. 

Edited by Noamuth

Here's a list of stuff I found were changed. This does not include everything because I don't have all the parts. Data was taken from screen shot above and what I had in my inventory.

Akbronco Prime Link         30               -20

Boltor Prime Blueprint       30               +10

Braton Prime Receiver      50               +30

Bronco Prime Barrel          50               +30

Burston Prime Blueprint     20               -30

Hikou Prime Blueprint        10               -40

Hikou Prime Pouch            20               -30

Lex Prime Receiver           30               +10

Loki Prime Blueprint          30               +10

Loki Prime Helmet Blueprint  30            -20

Paris Prime Grip                30               +20

Vasto Prime Receiver        30               +10

Total change: +10

Well i am cool with it i mean technically DE as some of you said they are against heavy grinding.and i think OP or someone mention all my t2 keys are just crying..

Well let say DE took a look at metric(the data from the game and found what)the metric said people are farming alot in t2 and then when they see the data of ducats they saw hey a lot of the parts are coming from t2,huh lets change things to make it more interesting.

Change is always interesting i am king of glad i don't have to run weak un-challenging mission now to get some things.

And hey if what the guy i quoted is true they increased other parts 

Vasto prime receiver-tier 1 defense

Paris Prime grip -tier 1 capture

Look all i am saying is not that bad just means ur gonna do other mode that is not survival.

Edited by Leavith

If this game has gotten to the point where people are having emotional distress over (overall) minor changes, then maybe you need to go for a walk in the sunshine or something.  It sounds like you aren't having fun in a game.

but maybe all the outrage is just a tiny bit over the top? No?

The problem doesn't lies in the change ( well it's still a nerf but whatever) it's more that we were not told about it.

I don't care if a prime part get a change in value, i'll adapt in the future like i've always have,  i just wished like some others, that we were told before hand of said change so we can adjust our inventory. I always keep my prime parts for when the void trader come. If i had known about it, i would have sold some of them.

I don't know why it so unbelievable to expect a little warning before hand. Please enlighten me.

Edited by Gilmaesh

The problem doesn't lies in the change ( well it's still a nerf but whatever) it's more that we were not told about it.

I don't care if a prime part get a change in value, i'll adapt in the future like i've always have,  i just wished like some others, that we were told before hand of said change so we can adjust our inventory. I always keep my prime parts for when the void trader come. If i had known about it, i would have sold some of them.

I don't know why it so unbelievable to expect a little warning before hand. Please enlighten me.

XD

I agree that DE should have put something in the changelog about it but still, it's just pixels. 

Enlightenment can only come from reading all the posts.

Everyone is freaking out about the Ducat situation and I'm just playing like Syndicates aren't in the game yet...

I skimmed some of the thread, so I may have missed someone saying it but; talk with your wallets/time.  If you find it unreasonable, tell DE so by not using the feature. 

Well, I'm only mildly annoyed because all my Loki helmets are kind of crap now...

...but it's not a huge deal for me. It's just a bad decision, but not serious doom thread material.

Okay i understand keeping us inform,but really guys on this>Ducats?Not a frame not a weapon not a sentinal or companion,or drop value.But ducats..........yeah not seeing how not being inform on a change on how much something is worth matters.U know i hope that DE if they are testing currency would make it a bit more life like were the more their are of something the less worth it is.

Come on what were they gonna say hey we are gonna change ducats around.(HERE COMES THE WAVE OF NEGATIVE THNGS)

Oh here is another one Hey we are gonna change the ducats around and is not up for debate(HERE COME THE WAVE OF NEGATIVE THING AND HATE)

is been proving many times that the forum and the players will be upset at every change,and when the change is not even a bad change or good change just balancing something to be more exact at what they wanted.

Well to be more dramatic is the end of warframe the things i thought had ducat worth are now lower oh my.But wait things that didn't have ducat worth are now higher but no i don't want that i want my things to have worth.....yeah this is kind of what i am seeing from some.

And no i am not gonna say well DE should have informed us.Well see it this way maybe they are testing something around moving the numbers to see the results.U don;t tell people they are part of an experiment cause that is adding an extra variable that could change some things.

Changelog come before the patch or with the patch?

And it's not pixel, it's our time. And unlike you, i would rather have it not wasted.  

Oohh, personal attacks!  Come on, scrappy little fellow like you, gotta have something better than that.  Where's the elitist jab? 

Yes, it's your time for pixels, in a game that a lot of people are starting to find unfun.  My point still stands - if you don't find the game fun and it's creating this level of distress in the community, then the community needs to take a step back and go for a walk or something.  Then come back and give feedback and or make it clear they wont be using the feature until DE coughs up some transparency and consistency.

Should DE have given some kind of indication of the changes?  Still, YES. 

Well, I'm only mildly annoyed because all my Loki helmets are kind of crap now...

...but it's not a huge deal for me. It's just a bad decision, but not serious doom thread material.

I'm a little annoyed that some of my Prime gear is not worth as much, but that annoyance is balanced by the increase in some other stuff.

/shrug

It's your time and effort being 'wasted' I get it but still, play the game because it's fun, not because you 'have' to.

Are you people serious? They buff other ducat prices. This has happened couple of times before and it's a good thing so the best ducat farming locations change.

Stockholm Syndrome... See what you have done DE! 

That would be the part where I said they should have mentioned it in the changelog, which you conveniently chose not to include when "quoting" me. -_-

Edited by Berserkerkitten

That would be the part where I said they should have mentioned it in the changelog, which you conveniently chose not to include when "quoting" me. -_-

I wish there was an indicator when someone changed the quote, much like how our posts show an edit time and date.

On the bright side, all the Ash farming provides an entertainingly massive pile of fodder... in theory. For me it's just been Orokin Cells and forma all day... well, I needed the cells! And cores. And forma. And some prime parts I needed but didn't want to farm for. I want more prime detritus to grind into ducks, though.

Stockholm Syndrome... See what you have done DE! 

so wait how those this add to the topic .aren't you just dissing someone opinion. If anything trying to discredit with Stockholm syndrome.I mean ur basically directing it to DE not even the player.But oh well maybe that just opinion and the way u express yourself.

But in the topic Kind of funny time/money is what we invest in this game.WE are not buying the game we are using time/money to buy entertained.SO as someone said ur not having fun don't play lets your action speak it ,not just words DE will continue to look at our perspective in the forum ,but as the recent changes shown they are looking at the metrics of whats being sold, used, bought ,and whats being farmed.So i would have to say if DE sees no changed in what people are doing from what they were doing before i would say their is no reason to return the price.