Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Will Only Change The Melee Weapon Meta Slightly.

Rakshal

Okay, so right now the meta for melee weapons is Tipedo for PvE and Bo Prime for PvP. Why? Because they have a good copter and air attack. A lot of people just choose a melee weapon based on that. However, coptering and air attacks are getting a nerf in parkour 2.0 so it won't be dependent on you melee weapon for how you move. The problem with this now is that DE only slightly shifted the meta for melee weapons. For PvE it will just be the Scindo Prime, for PvP it will be the Furax (maybe Boltace and Gram as well). There will be no point in using any other melee weapon (other than to spite the meta or for cosmetics) because they blow the other melee weapons out of the water with their stats. I have no idea what would be a good way to alleviate this problem, I just thought I might bring this to the developers attention.

Have you considered the possibility of.... stat rebalances coming with parkour 2.0?

I doubt DE thought that far. They mentioned nothing about stat changes (other than stamina getting removed) in the devstreams so I can assume that they haven't thought of it.

Have you considered the possibility of.... stat rebalances coming with parkour 2.0?

We have had no mention nor confirmation of this as of yet. So no. With coptering being removed i would hope that stat changes will come, but you can never be sure when or how. 

What's that? some weapons are better than others and others are ignored entirely due to not dishing out enough damage? sounds like the entire game to me.

Just because that is how it is now doesn't mean it is healthy for the game.

DE has even apologized on several streams for the disproportionately high amount of sub par melee weapons in the game. they know its a problem and they are working on it im sure. lots of stances brought some weapons back to life. trade chat is still flooded with WTB crimson dervish and others are getting stances with good combos too. i see more than just tipedo in PVE and would say people honestly choose what they think is meta.

I use the mire! :D

with the aug of course >.>

I already use my Scindo Prime with Nyx Prime, and other melee weapons that really aren't copter-firendly in general. I don't copter much, and I never cared about it. Looks silly as all Hell anyway. As for the meta, this is more about mobility than the general balance (or lack thereof) of the game, I see plenty of players favouring weapons that pack a punch rather than exploit a silly bug that should have never been allowed to exist for so long...

Parkour 2.0 will actually be great for players like me.^^

I always find it interesting when people relegate an arsenal of 200+ weapons to two, simply amazing. I agree it is true you will finally start to see people wear and use weapons for their combat potential and fun factor, this being a purely personal choice I hope to see many as of yet hardly used weapons finally start getting some attention for their playstyle and entertainment value rather than how much of a effect they can have on a glitch movement/combat maneuver.

Meta be damned, mobility be damned, I use what I feel like using and I do just fine. Typically what I'm using isn't any of the weapons you listed.

</opinion>

I already use my Scindo Prime with Nyx Prime, and other melee weapons that really aren't copter-firendly in general. I don't copter much, and I never cared about it. Looks silly as all Hell anyway. As for the meta, this is more about mobility than the general balance (or lack thereof) of the game, I see plenty of players favouring weapons that pack a punch rather than exploit a silly bug that should have never been allowed to exist for so long...

Parkour 2.0 will actually be great for players like me.^^

Ignoring the balancing issue doesn't fix the balancing issue.

I don't think I ever said it did. I was directly addressing the mobility/meta issue, and the fact that I, personally, do not really make mobility or meta a priority when I choose the weapons I use.

Parkour 2.0 of course does not entirely fix the meta, but it undeniably eliminates part of it. With melee no longer affecting mobility via coptering, the mobility part of the meta is quite clearly removed. Of course that shifts focus onto another aspect of it, but with one part out of the way, that opens up possibilities for DE to work on the other part.

The solution to a problem doesn't have to come all at once. It can be fixed piecemeal, and that may very well be part of what DE is doing with Parkour 2.0. You say that Parkour 2.0 only changes the meta, I say that it eliminates a major part of it.

You know the Scindo Prime isn't getting any faster, right? People who don't like heavy weapons won't use it, damage or not. Everyone will use what they're comfortable with. The Tipedo won't just drop off the map, because some people may learn to appreciate it for more than just a copter machine. Most don't use melee outside of coptering anyway.

How about you L2Read? I never said "ignore it".

There already is an issue here now, yet you only complain about what it will be THEN. Which makes no sense, since half of the problem will be taken care of. Parkour 2.0 will effectively separate mobility from melee weapons. How is that a bad thing? DE will be able to work on the other part without having to worry about it. That's not what a " slight shift in meta" is.

Edited by Marthrym

Based solely on DPS, yes Scindo Prime is king. In practical application? Not as much. Weapons like Orthos/Prime can kill enemies long before Scindo reaches them, while weapons like the Jat Kittag can kill just about anything at normal levels along with crazy CC, an Obex can kill four enemies before the Scindo is finished with one swing, and a Dakra or Nikana is strong in all categories.