Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Ash + Steel Charge Change.

Nadroid

I just bought forma and changed the aura slot to accommodate a corrosive projection since steel charge was useless on him.

Is their any possible for you guys to run a built forma alert to ease the anguish of the plethora of new ash players who made the same mistake as me and many others.

I am sure I will get a S#&$ ton of flak for this post but as you can imagine as a newer player and supporter of the game it was kind of a punch in the gut to have wasted 20/10p on an item only for it to be hotfixed negating the purchase since I have to purchase/build/rush another forma to fix the aura slot.

Either way good change just hope something nice is done an alert is made for a pre built forma to prevent the saltiness and tears from accumulating on the forums and on my keyboard.

Edited by Nadroid

Just a tip.

Never ever polarize the Auraslot, you are gaining way more by polarizing a normal modslot.

actually... never switch polarities unless its a D by default :)

OP... supports your best bet.

Edited by Epicagemo

I need D on all my frames.

Unless you're using Excal/Nekros

You should be able to use every aura on your frame, whatever is needed that´s why you should never polarize the auraslot, it is a waste.

But most people are only using energy reg or corrosive projection.

So what i did is I added two extra polarities to my Ash Prime then I removed the polarity of the Aura slot all together and now it has nothing. I did that because I wanted the flexibility to use any Aura mod I had on my Ash Prime. Now that I can use Steel Charge on him for Bladestorm I will just slap it back on and call it a day. :D

I feel like that may be true but this is a community wide issue, they releases ash prime with a V polarity on aura knowing steel charge had no use on him currently then fix it after his launch after a ton of people me included swapped to the more general purpose Dash slot. I feel like its a bigger issue then just messaging support and saying "gib 20p" the easier fix would be to run an alert for 24 hours or something with a prebuilt forma so people can swap back to the original polarity which is now useful.

meh w/e maybe we shouldn't have forma'ed our aura slots but once you min/max your frames and want as much capacity as possible to run rank 10 mods the aura slot is enticing due to being able to gain "extra" capacity you normally wouldn't have access to it has the same effect as adding a non aura polarity due to it adding roughly 7-9 extra cap 

You should be able to use every aura on your frame, whatever is needed that´s why you should never polarize the auraslot, it is a waste.

But most people are only using energy reg or corrosive projection.

Well, in theory. But you're getting twice as many mod points from that aura, 74 mod points gets you a lot farther than 67 with something else forma'd. And yeah, most used things are - anyways. But honestly even if I wanted to change auras, I'd rather usually be matching and sometimes just not match than have a blank aura slot. 25% loss vs 50% gain.

I'd rather reduce the amount of armor my enemies have to inflict more damage with everything than just particularly melee related things. Though, if you're not going really deep into Survivals (1 1/2+ hour of T3 or T4), I suppose it doesn't matter in the short term. If you're not a regular end game running sort of guy, then keep the polarity blank, since most of the work is done in the mods themselves. Min/max only ever mattered in extreme conditioning, though Formaing your mod slots more than three times locks your frame/weapon into particular builds, which is why there are quite a few that actually have duplicates of frames/weapons in order to use different builds.

I only really suggest polarizing the Aura slot if you're going to lock into a particular setup. The fifth Forma is pretty much the proverbial nail in the coffin for builds for most things.

DE needed that much time for the whining babies that got Ash P for this change to happen... I mean, really ? Now ? Ash has been in the game for a long time, and now when Ash P came out and suddenly everybody started playing him and complaining that he is underpowered, DE decided to make this change ?

WTF ?! This community is...

nvm...

I'd rather reduce the amount of armor my enemies have to inflict more damage with everything than just particularly melee related things. Though, if you're not going really deep into Survivals (1 1/2+ hour of T3 or T4), I suppose it doesn't matter in the short term. If you're not a regular end game running sort of guy, then keep the polarity blank, since most of the work is done in the mods themselves. Min/max only ever mattered in extreme conditioning, though Formaing your mod slots more than three times locks your frame/weapon into particular builds, which is why there are quite a few that actually have duplicates of frames/weapons in order to use different builds.

I only really suggest polarizing the Aura slot if you're going to lock into a particular setup. The fifth Forma is pretty much the proverbial nail in the coffin for builds for most things.

That would normally be correct but they changed how ash blade storm works...it is considered finisher damage and bypasses defenses....with steel charge boosting it by 60% vs 30% armor reduction which does nothing for the ultimate. The issue is the timing of this. They release him early in the game and never alter the steel charge effect on his ultimate...then release a prime variant with a V polarity...everyone buys forma / uses their forma / swaps to a new slot then SUDDENLY they hotfix steel charge to suddenly work on his ultimate...oh look tons of people now using more forma on him to swap back to steel charge. 

I wonder how that affects their timing on the change. Was it suddenly higher priority post prime launch on him because more people would be using forma on him to swap back? Why couldn't they release him with the steel charge change?

Never ever polarize the Auraslot, you are gaining way more by polarizing a normal modslot.

Even better: Keep yourself versatile by *neutralizing* the aura-slot.

Yeah, you end up using more forma for the remaining mod-slots because you trade in the extra-capacity, but a neutral aura-slot gives you more options. I usually only keep the '-' on frames that come with that.

Final verdict:

Steel Charge and Rifle Amp are not bad in missions that don't include scaling level on enemies (like assassinations or exterminations).

For endless missions though, corrosive projection/shield destroyer are a must-have IMO.

neutral aura-Slots Keep both options open without losing *that* much capacity.

Not to sound mean but this sounds like your problem, you made the choice not DE to change your mod slot, also Steel Charge is extremely useful for a melee/stealth Ash and can easily out damage most frames if built right and can be a high survivability frame with skill full use of his powers.