July 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics!  

1,822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been thinking... why is weapon swap speed so SLOW?
You are the Tenno, the space ninja specialized in combat, speed and technology.
BUT, swapping guns takes 2~3 seconds is a lot slower than most of shooting/action games we had ever seen.

For 3 seconds, you can perform shot->quick melee-> shot again easily.
So why the hell normal weapon swap is so slow?

This makes different gun combination tactics less useful.
For example, in T4 you may want to bring radiation/viral gun with another corrosive gun.
So you can kill high level Bombard and heavy gunner quickly.
Or you want to use completely different 2 weapon for certain situations.

And.. yea yea there is an aura called speed holster, but it's not good for the polarity sake.
"For balance issue."
This is not balanced! this is below average (acceptable) speed.
I am not asking for quick switch like FPS games that you can carry 9 guns and change instantly.
But make it a bit faster, please?

Generally speaking, Warframe allows a lot of client predictions and commands to minimize the impact caused by latency.
You still can perform most Combat Maneuvers and use ability instantly as client.
However, there is one exception: "Weapon Swap".
Surprisingly Weapon Swap speed is suffered by net latency (for whatever reason).
This makes already slow weapon swap even worse...

When you see level 100+ corrupted gunners and bombard eximus come with corrupted ancient, and you have radiation-viral gun in your primary, corrosive secondary.

What will you do?

Option 1:Switch to corrosive secondary and kill ancient, then kill gunner. Switch to radiation-viral gun to kill bombard.

Option 2:Use radiation-viral gun to hit as much as possible and make a radiation proc that transfers to the ancient and break its aura, then kill bombard. After that use corrosive secondary to kill ancient and gunner.

Option 3:Fuqq them I will bring 4 CP team next time and don't bother swapping weapons, all the strategy is not possible in this game atm.

This case shows not only the swap speed problem, the armor scaling is broken. You have to choose damage type against gunner or bombard, both have 500 base armor, which will be 8000+ at level 100. Armor scaling itself is much more broken then Bombard.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Weapon Swap Speed

Okay, so I like the way it is now but some speed would be really nice. After thinking that we do quick mele really fast, I mean that we get our mele weapon almost instantly than why taking other weapons should be slower than that?

Bombards

Bombards need a rework in a few aspects:

1. Their explosions shouldn't go through cover. This isn't necessary due to the large number of enemies.
2. They should fire less frequently, and Corrupted Bombards should only fire as often as the current normal variant. As it is now, it can be far too much.
3. They need a different form of attack for close range. This may be the most difficult aspect to change, but right now Bombards are very punishing to melee as they can fire rockets at their own feet with no repercussions.
4. Corrupted Bombard rockets shouldn't home as well. Seriously, try dodging them; they can turn 180 degrees in under a four meter radius. The rockets, by being so difficult to avoid, end up promoting spamming CC to prevent them from being fired over having players dodge them.
5. Reduced radius where they'll target players or give the rockets a maximum distance or time active. The first time I played T4 after their introduction, I made the mistake of fighting Corrupted Bombards on a large tile. At one point, I riplined from one end to the other and still got hit (and downed) by every one that was chasing me.

EDIT: and with Bombards getting a bit of attention, several other Grineer should as well. Namely Seekers, whose latcher and pistol damage should be swapped (as the latter can take off 500 damage at level 30, while the former only does 30 damage despite giving players time to avoid), and Ballistas, which should have a laser sight so players can avoid it, coupled with a slower turning speed while ADS and a longer draw speed.

Forma Drops

Like TheFruitNinja said "Well, I'd say forma should be rewarded within T1-T2 keys only. This is just my opinion though."

Transmuting in the Foundry

Really nice idea but it shouldn't take anything special and/or large quantities. Forma = Catalyst/Reactor. That's the best offer for me. We need blueprint that converts Forma blueprint to Catalyst/Reactor blueprint with some resources, not full Forma to full Catalyst/Reactor but blueprints.

Well that's what I think.

my issue with bombards as of late ha been they seem to have way to high of a rate of fire, I have seen bombards on earth firing off a rocket right after firing another one the result is 5 rockets coming at me before I can even get to them. also the explosions have a habit of blocking your vision making it hard to find the bombard in question

Swap Weapon Speed

Feels slow and clunky. I don't care how "realistic" the swap speed is, I want to be able to switch weapons fast. This is mainly because I pack a diverse loadout, with each weapon having its own purpose. Primary=longer range, high damage focus. Secondary=utility-based and/or short-mid range. Melee=gtfo out of my face. If I can't swap between my weapons fast enough my strategy has serious flaws that don't allow me to perform well, forcing me into a suboptimal plan (spam whatever weapon I have out, really)

Bombards

I hate these guys. The auto-lock on their rockets makes it impossible to dodge them, the explosion radius is ridiculous, the damage is ludicrously high, and bombards themselves are extremely tanky. IMO the homing on the rockets as well as their blast radius should be gutted.

Forma

I don't really have a lot of forma, so I like getting a BP or completed forma. I guess I'm an exception in this case :/. I can imagine myself late game wondering what to do with all the formal I've built up, so an alternative (like ducats) would be nice. However, I don't think the BP should trade for ducats; the completed forma itself should.

Resource BP

I have no strong opinion one way or the other.

Weapon Swapping:

For a group of futuristic space ninjas, it seems quite comical that we can't switch weapons as quickly as we can jump and fly through the air or cast abilities. Often times its better to wait for the reload rather than swap weapons. If the swapping speed was decreased to make it a minuscule motion and speed up combat, things would be far better for players in diversifying their weapon usage. With the option of waiting for the reload being faster than switching weapons, it's hard to justify switching, even if the reload time may be lengthy.

An issue that ties to this is how our weapons are holstered. With their current iteration, they're sometimes clunky and conflict with certain placements on different WarFrame models. Like the following:

OrQeDVj.jpg?1

FcOpGIz.jpg

There's loads more clipping issues with WarFrame.

If our weapons were invisible to the eye, and more so materialized or phased in on use like these:

2xfaf4qm.gif

1411905004-ffxv-attack.gif

1411905747-ffxv-ignis-noct-party-attack-

We'd have faster paced game play as now switching between weapons doesn't require the holstering and unholstering of their weapons anymore, just a switch from how they're currently holding the weapons. Of course the balance of this is that we're still limited to the three weapons we have equipped, but now we're more inclined to switch between weapons, or have the option of waiting for the reload animation to complete.

It promotes the usage of different weapons and styles, and in tandem solves loads of clipping issues that plagues many WarFrames.

Bombards:

Dear lord these units need some serious looking into. Their current iterations is massively unfun and unbalanced. They detract from the player experience and enjoyment far more than add a challenge (similar to the current iteration of the Nullifiers and Corrupted Ancient Healers).

Things like these could help immensely with them:

Corrupted Bombard:

The bane of many a player's Void expeditions, the hopes of this rework is to make the Corrupted Bombards still a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield, but not so detesting as they are now. The following changes are to continue the feeling of the Bombards being a priority target, while also giving the surrounding units around them the cadence of presence that the Corrupted Bombards are on the field. In that spirit, allowing the Bombard Missiles to also harm allied units, along with enemy units, is a change I would propose from the outset. As self explosives like the Penta can damage a player if they use it, I hope this mechanic also creates some interesting situations for both the Tenno and allies of the Corrupted Bombard.

Levels 1-15 Bombards now have their fire rates reduced to 50%, with missiles travel speed and armor reduced to 75% their current rate. As their presence and armor values already make them a formidable force on the battlefield, slight reduction to armor is to help them become less bullet sponges as they are now. This change is to allow first timers who visit the Void to realize the strength of the Bombard's weaponry, but not overwhelmed by the constant knock downs and AoE attacks that the missiles are notorious for.

Levels 16-30 Bombards can now deploy an Orokin drone for defensive measure of allied units. The Orokin Drones now hover slightly higher than they had before. This added safety precaution is to ensure that drones are not directly damaged by the Bombards' AoE blasts from missiles, and the next upcoming changes.

Levels 31-45 Bombards now have a unique grenade mechanic added to them. These grenades are similar to the Bombard Missiles in that they have a slight AoE. However, instead of knocking down players, these grenades knocks them up into the air. Similar to the newly released Tonkor weapon, this gives the Bombard the ability to displace enemy units. However, similar to the Tonkor, players still have agency while airborne. These grenades also affect enemy units as well. Think of it like a poor mans Bounce in this case, as now units could be launched airborne.

Levels 46-60 Bombards now have the Ankyros Prime as a Melee weapon for them to use. As they're the main tanks of the Orokin Corrupted, having them equipped with the Ankyros Prime makes them an interesting to foe to fight in close quarters. Giving them the Ankyros Prime also allows them Knock Back. (not that it is not knockdown, just knock back, to ensure players have agency) (Hats of to those who are Melee enthusiasts, I hope this change is something you'll find challenging!)

Levels 61-79 Bombards now also have the Bronco Prime as a secondary that they can utilize on the battlefield. A close range hand cannon essentially, this can be used if enemy units come closer into range to the Bombard. In conjunction with the Ankyros Prime, Bombards can Knock Back enemies, should the get too close, and switch to the Bronco Prime for close quarters gun combat.

Levels 80+ Bombards receive a change in mechanics through an ability called Bombard's Volley. This locks the Bombard in place, however, they have their fire rate doubled (essentially returned to their normal fire rate as we have them now) and gain an increase of armor (125% of their current iteration). (A telegraph such as the Bombard preparing to lock down (an animation of maybe three seconds?) should be implemented to ensure players have time to react before the Bombard let's loose his volley.)

Overall these changes are to help newer players not be gobsmacked and knocked down repeatedly by the Bombards, but also make them a felt force on the battlefield as the heavy unit of the Corrupted Arsenal. Each change emphasizes impactful gameplay and weaponry, while also creating some interesting situations for players to try and understand and work with on the battlefield.

For instance, allowing the Bombard to fire his volley may seem like a bad idea, but if a player can utilize the missiles and redirect it towards enemy units, they could essentially create instances where friendly fire would benefit their team by eliminating threats for them. Other instances like the Knock Up mechanic could be used to knock up enemy units that are incoming for melee combat, essentially displacing them instead of agile Tenno adept at the game's parkour.

Forma:

The problem with Forma is that it shouldn't even be a reward in higher tiered Void missions in the first place. If I begin at Tower I and receive some forma and rewards of that nature, I wouldn't feel as swindled as when I go into the highest level of Void content and find myself finding the exact same rewards and chances I did in Tower I missions that I do in Tower IV. There literally is no sense of progression, we don't go there to get forma, we go there to get the parts that we need to build the frames that we want. As I stated in the previous Community Hot Topics about Greedy Pull and it being a symptom of the problem, the Forma blueprint issue is, essentially, an example of the core issue that must be dealt with.

That core issue is the grind walls that is placed against players. Outletting that grind through making these Forma worth Ducats isn't going to solve the issue. You're telling players to farm more for the same old thing to get ducats for items that are only available once every two weeks (a wait wall) and are absurdly priced (a grind wall and an RNG Wall in one). Not only that, but players waiting for the Void Trader have no idea what he's going to bring and if it's going to be beneficial to their gaming experience.

The Void Trader is literally the incarnation of the Weighted RNG placed against players. You tell us that he's there as a token system to allow players to trade in their prime parts for coins to use to get items that they actually would want. But Sheldon, you make the Void Traders offerings nothing that we farm for in the Void. In fact, you make the Void Trader's offerings more things that we need to farm and grind for. The Primed Mods represent even more grind that players must slog themselves through to try and get the best bang for their Void buck. And even then, Sheldon, the trade value of our items to the Void Trader isn't anywhere NEAR what players can get for those parts in the trade market. Hmm let's see, 20 Ducats for this Prime Blueprint or 20 Plat for this prime part? Guess what the player is going to choose, 20 plat over 20 ducats.

Do you know why? Because the Void Traders' offerings are almost always over 400 Ducats worth of items that a player needs to try and Grind for. Not only that, but the acquisition of those 400 Ducats worth of parts is stuck behind the WEIGHTED RNG GRIND WALLS AND WAIT WALLS of the Void that players must fight against simply to go up against the Wait Walls and RNG Walls of the Void Trader. It's double the grind for a reward that isn't even guaranteed. Everyone whose played the Void knows how this feels.

Because of this, players are going to trade in those parts for plat and then trade that plat for the Void Trader's Primed Mods. That's a far better trade to them than 20 good Prime parts for 1 Primed Mod that they'll, yet again, have to grind the living daylights out of to make it powerful enough for end-game. A handful of parts to trade for plat is far more attractive than TWENTY or TWENTY FIVE prime parts to trade for Ducats in order to trade for that Primed Mod/Cosmetic/Prisma item. And yet, what was your solution to this, Sheldon? Putting a Trade Tax of 1,000,000 credits on these Primed Mods. You added yet another grind component into these mods when most thought they were already overpriced.

Did this stop players from trading these items? No. We can see them being traded every day on Trade Chat. Does that mean Trade Chat needs to go? No. It means your Ducat prices on both these Primed or Prisma items need to come down in both trade value and taxes. If not, you will always see players resorting to those Greedy Pull tactics or those WarFrame Combos like Mesa/Trinity/Frost that you despise so much and decide to Nerf. Hurting the players only detracts from the experience and makes them want to stop playing more so than increase plat purchases.

If the prices for these items were more fair, you'd see players actually wanting to play the game more, actually enjoying the experiences more because they aren't plagued by the thought of "Oh gosh this is so grindy" in their minds when playing. They become happier in the experience and actually want to play more, the grind isnʻt oppresive to them as it is a background noise to the experience. Players enjoy the experience and they have fun doing it as well! The more enjoyment they find, the more inclined they are to support the game, meaning they are more inclined to buy items because of this.

The issue with Forma themselves also extends to the mentality behind them of "oh gosh I need to forma this weapon again and level it up to make it better". It doesn't promote plat sales, Sheldon, it detracts them from wanting to forma the weapon because the mechanics of it makes them wary and unwanting of even more grind.

Remedying this issue comes in different forms that can be both agreeable and profitable to DE, and to the Player Base:

I am sure this has been mentioned before but here goes.

Two of the main problems with Warframe are the amount of grinding required, and how Mastery Rank (MR) doesn't seem that important after rank 8.  I think there is a good solution to this.  Two birds with one stone and all that.

When you first get a weapon it should start at rank zero, and you should rank it up to 30 like normal.  However when you forma it, it should reset, not to zero, but to the same rank as your Mastery Rank.  Therefore, if you are MR-10, a newly formaed weapon will be rank 10. If you are MR-17 then a newly formaed weapon would reset to rank 17 instead of zero.

Thoughts? Please, +1 if you agree.  If you don't please post why.

Credit goes to (PS4)DesecratedFlame for this idea.

Do you see how this would solve a lot of issues with Forma?

The stigma to players behind it is that they'll have to build a forma (yet again stuck behind another Wait Wall and Grind Wall) and then reform a weapon in order to just level it up again (yet another Grind Wall for them to vault over). Players become wary of reforming weapons and buying plat because theyʻll have to re-level a weapon to make it viable in higher content.

With this solution, it not only alleviates the issues surrounding forma and re-leveling, but it also makes Mastery more attractive to the players. It allows Mastery to carry more weight than it does now. With mastery being tied to how many weapons and WarFrame a player uses (in many cases how many weapon slots they can buy with plat and weapons as well (plat sales DE!)), gaining a higher Mastery Rank now means they'll not have to level content as much as they had to before, and can actually enjoy these weapons at their optimum potential far faster than before. They become incentivized to use forma and thus, sales of Forma have the potential to increase.

Consequentially, players are more incentivized to try out more weapons and WarFrames than before because they aren't so sequestered behind wait walls and grind walls, and are tied to Mastery. The higher your Mastery, the more adept you are at reforming weapons, of which makes sense and helps players to continue progressing through the game. Thus players are more allured to actually buying more slots for weapons and WarFrames, and even buying these weapons and WarFrames as well.

From an immersive stand point, this makes sense, from a business stand point, this increases sales, from a players stand point, we don't have to slog through the repetitive grind as much.

DE and the Player Base win in this scenario.

Blueprints for the Foundry:

I cannot comment on this issue, as I feel it needs more clarification as to what, exactly, this entails. The Player Base may be thinking of one thing, while DE may be thinking of another.

Weapon Swap Speed: oh yes pls!! For long time ive been waiting for this, for ninjas and fast paced game like warframe needs ajustments on this matter. Swapping is so slow that ruines flow of the game and makes us stick with 1 gun. Also swapping between ogris or lato takes same time :)

Bombards:  I hear many people having touble dodging rockets but personally i find it easy. Rate of fire needs to be slown down and explosions behind walls fixed.

Forma Bps: Well i have hundreads of those and can only build one per days...also it drops like crazy on EVERY tower, so trading for ducats is very welcome.

Resource Bps:  If it comes with the extremely high building costs then no, i would rather farm them.

Weapon swap speed is similar to stamina in that it's a needless limitation placed on players given the pacing of the game. For all the parts of Warframe that feel smooth and fluid, waiting a half second for your weapon to finish swapping is the one part (once stamina is gone) remaining that reeks of a mechanic copied over from other games for no reason. If Warframe were a balanced game, it would be reasonable to put particularly devastating weapons behind slower swap-speeds. However, when every gun is a potential WMD you may as well just give us the access we need because the gameplay has started to require that sort of damage output.

Bombards suffer from horrible enemy design. 

Particularly threatening enemies have a pool of traits to draw from: They can be extremely difficult to kill, they can do lots of damage, and they can be difficult to get away from or avoid.

Well-designed enemies will usually pick two of those traits. In keeping with Warframe's pattern of favoring excess, Bombards have opted to go for all three. 

I'd suggest speeding up their Ogris rockets in exchange for reducing the rocket tracking to a slight curve rather than multiple 360-degree turns. That's to start. You can look at their damage and health values when you get around to actually addressing the rest of the game's balance in that respect. It'd be nice if you could either reduce their AOE to match the impact particles, or expand the impact particles to match the AOE. (For all enemies...)

BOMBARD REWORK:

Bombards in the void do need a rework but not an overhaul the missiles are wayyyy to fast and can turn too quickly even if you jump over it and run for a while they still hit you and being that on higher levels they spawn all the time having  missiles moving toward you while your trying to dodge everything else it just overpowered so speed should be slower the frequency also needs to be slowed down and a neat thing to do would be able to run from the rocket and make it hit enemies which could actually be usefull and help skillfull players.

FORMA DROP RATES:

Forma is very usefull for weapons and we should all utilize their benefits BUT forma dropping 6 times in a row on a mission is just dissapointing and ruins gameplay entirely and makes you want to stop playing because you feel like your going to get the same thing they should be reduced and not alowed on certain rotations and or tower depending on mission type this would help alot more the ducat thing is very interesting and could help but they should be worth like 15 each but even then they need to be removed from somedrop tables or rotations

Bombards:

I don't think that their current state is so broken that they need a rework, but there is definitely some room for improvement. (I mean, actually, there's really nothing in any game that's so perfect that it couldn't be made better- the question is just if some element is so bad off that it's deserving of the time, energy, and funding necessary for a rework that could be dedicated to reworking or creating something else.)

Having read the original thread on the topic, I'll agree that the explosion mechanics and the visibility of the missiles could be much, much better. I remember playing a lot of T4 Defense before whichever hotfix fixed the low health on the defense pods, and at a certain point, the splash damage that made it through the snowglobe would 1-shot the pod. I wound up using Limbo instead, and cataclysm took me a lot further. Then DE fixed the health on the pods, bless them, and Frost was viable again.

Also, just yesterday I was repeatedly 1-shot in higher waves of T3 Survival by missiles I couldn't see because the bright golden shields of Nullifiers were completely washing them out. Some sort of sound cue or increased contrast between the missiles and the other gold in the void would be very helpful.

A final thought from the original post: changing the Bombards' radial stomp to something new and unique would be cool. Maybe a quick multi-missile volley in an arch around the Bombard?

All that said, and despite any retorts about 'artificial difficulty', I personally think that while challenging, the Bombards aren't "completely broken." I like that I have to make tough decisions in the midst of thick battle about prioritizing- Ancients? Bombards? Heavy Gunners? I like that in a high-level mission, I need to think beforehand and assemble the right gear and mod it appropriately. As a MR18 player, I like that I'm not running through T4 missions with a bunch of spray-and-pray happy MR3 kids with little tactical skill who've whined enough to make all game content easy for them. I hope this isn't taken as a "git gud" dismissal, but a thoughtful appeal from a long-time player who values game difficulty ('artificial' or not) requiring some tactical understanding and skill.

Edited by JackBeloved

Bombards:

Reduce/remove tracking, tone down explosions OR remove blast proc if possible.

Forma:

Conversion to potatoes would be nice. I could see a lot of free/new players befitting from this.

I don't think simply making them being able to be sold for ductas is going to solve the problem. We need better reward versus effort.

No matter how many ducats you make it worth, getting a forma in rotation C feels like an insult to the players.

Therefore I humbly request their removal from higher towers/rotations.

Weapon Swap Speed

Swap speed to secondaries should be increased. swap speed to primaries should stay the way it is now. Swapping to melee should also become more fluient, if i press the key to swap to melee while meleeing it should just not force me to go through the weapon switch animation when i complete the combo

Bombards

A lock-on sound and a decrease in radius (the only weapon we have that comes close to its current radius is tonkor with firestorm (atleast thats what it feels like). we need some way to remove the homing while fighting (is the missile laser targeted = stun him, is it heat signature = give us flares, etc)

Forma Drops

ok i guess, i have a ton of forma bps, but not sure if i will sell them for ducats

Transmuting in the Foundry

The concept is cool, but the Bps we have now is way to expensive. but 4-6 formas and some resources (ALLOY PLATES PLEASE!) for a potato? sure sounds good to me

Weapon Swap Speed

Faster swap speed would be good! and you should consider Speed Holster to be buffed.

Bombards

The missiles' explosion must not affect beyond Snow Globe, Electric Shield, etc.

and their homing ability should be slightly nerfed.

Forma

No matter how it is worth, I don't wanna see Forma BP in T3 Survival Rotation C.

20min - Forma BP, 40min - Forma BP, 60min - Forma BP...you love this thing, huh?

Resource BP

The idea is not bad, but the actual efficiency will too bad I think, just like neural sensor BP.

Weapon Swap Speed

Yes, please speed it up so we feel like ninjas with at least a moderate level of dexterity. 

Bombards

Their rate of fire could be closer to our ogris firing speed. Get 4-5 bombards in a room all shooting their 3 missiles at you quick fire and there aren't a lot of options besides ability spam due to the timing of their shots. Also some sort of limit to the homing ability would make sense IMO. It's funny to run around a column 4 or 5 times watching the missile following you, but it's also kind of not. I think either put a limit on the angle it can correct or a timer before it explodes so you can either get away by changing course or by outrunning it for x seconds. 

Ducats for Forma Blueprints

Of those I have talked to, most players would say their main desire would be for forma blueprints (as well as o cells) to be removed from rotation c altogether in T3  and T4. Please remember that most players have to farm these keys before they even get a chance to farm the mission for the part they are looking for. And it is not as uncommon as we would hope for Tenno to burn through 30+ keys and still not see the part they needed if it's the rarer drop. That can take a lot of time. At least if we get prime parts along the way we can try to trade in the trade chat or get ducats. We want prime parts instead of forma blueprints because with parts we have both of these options. 

That aside, forma blueprints being able to be sold for a 10 ducats would be nice considering how often we get them, but with the number most players have, if this led to a re-balancing of ducat values or further diluting drop tables to compensate for it, please scrap the idea. Also please note that I said forma blueprints not just forma. With a 24 hour build time, only being able to sell built forma as some have suggested, would be brutal without reducing the build time. (And on that topic, as a player, I continue to replay games when the game play is fun and feels rewarding even without high time walls to keep me from progressing). 

Rare Resource Blueprints

IMHO these are terrible considering the resource and time cost vs. the gain. No more needed. Especially since it starts to feel like their main purpose is to keep players from getting good rewards in nightmare LOR. (On that topic, please rethink them as a nightmare LOR reward. Once you have gotten them, getting them again is like not getting a reward since they are reusable and not trade-able. Any common arcane would be better than continuing to get these blueprints). 

More Consumable Items

Sure. It's nice to have more to craft, especially if those new items used alloy plate, argon crystals, detonite, fieldron, beacons, etc. There are lots of resources that just sit in our inventory once we have crafted all of the weapons and warframes. More items to make with them would be great, both useful items and silly stuff like making our own fireworks.  

Formas have become so irrelevant to me now I have 20 already made laying around doing nothing. It would give them more purpose than just making things cost less with mods. I don't even minmax honestly and formas drop every so often that alerts make them look like a uncommon resource. SO yes I would like for them to rake in ducats if they can.

Please do not do a forma transmutation system where I have a chance at a orokon reactor because we both know when I transmute my forma I'll end up with a small ammo restore.

I think it's worse that they drop in T4D:C than T3D:C but honestly both are awful.  I think it's not about how many ducats will it sell for but rather the diluted state of the rotation C drops table and the AABCAABC rotation system.  It doesn't make sense that the enemies get exponentially harder but the reward system is linear.  Even AAABBCCCCCC would be an improvement.

Weapon swap speed: The speed sort of feels fine but is a bit clunky. Yes, a bit faster swapping, please.

Bombards: Only problem I have with them is the Corrupted ones' rapid fire combined with homing function. Remove the first one and the latter won't be such a bother.

Forma: I'll be content with it if we get 10 Ducats each with the current drop rate. Though... move it to earlier rotations and keep the more rewarding items for C rotation.

Special Blueprints/Transmutation: Yeah, sure. Just keep it on moderate level.

Edit: Changed feedback on Forma part.

Edited by Kotommi

1: I feel that weapon swap is fine, switching weapons should be a tactic if weapon switching becomes to fast then developers may develop in so you must carry 1 weapon with X-damage, 1 weapon with Z-damage and expect players to switch between them.

2: Bombards are find for skilled players, however this is a free-2-wine game. The tracking can be problematic for inexperienced or lesser skilled players. My suggestion would be to reduce the rocket fire rate by 50% and flight speed by 20% and see how the community handles that.

3: No Comment

4: No Comment

I hope that the current stats of Vectis Prime aren't up to voting because you guys have already decided to remove that dreadful second bullet and give it a buff in other areas. It sure was major point of criticism by most of the community when it came out.

As for weapon swapping, it is very problematic and a simple buff to the swapping speed would not solve the issue (even in conclave with the 200%+ swapping speed mods, swapping weapons feels awful). The problem with weapon swapping is that it is interrupted by almost every other action that a player can make and thus if you want to swap weapons you need to practically stand still doing nothing waiting for the animation to finish. What we need is to make weapon swapping be an uninterruptible action.

Edited by lvl999ArchNecromancerIRL

Weapon swap speed has no reason to be changed.  As it stands, it requires good timing(which is a positive thing), or you have no choice because you ran out of ammo in another weapon. 

Bombard rockets... yeah need a dose of "Balance".  They home in to well, and the explosion radius is to large, the damage I don't mind. 

On swap speed:

It's too slow, IMO. Sure there's the speed holster aura, but that's a garbage aura that cripples you if you use it since it has less mod points for some reason.

It's especially frustrating with melee, since if you quick melee you have almost a full second where you have to holster your sword and whip out your gun.

On Bombards:

Bombards need an update. Right now, they have tracking, damage, and CC. They should have either damage or CC, not both, and their tracking ability (especially for corrupted bombards!) needs to be toned way down, to allow Tenno to actually dodge those missiles. Currently a single bombard is like a death sentence for most frames because you can't dodge the missiles well at all and when they hit, they both do tons of damage as well as proc blast on you most of the time.

I'd suggest changing bombards by removing their tracking ability and either toning down the damage or vastly lowering the proc chance for blast with them.

On Forma:

I have a love and hate relationship with forma. It's nice when I want it, but depressing when I don't. Making forma salable for ducats wouldn't be a bad thing, nor would giving it some other use beyond polarizing kit and sometimes being used in clantech/dojo construction. However, it would need to be salable for a fair amount of ducats. Minimum 10, I'd say. Any less and we're veering into disappointment territory.

I could even get behind leaving it in rotation C if it had some utility beyond polarizing.

However, I can't really get behind it being present in high level non-endless missions, ie T4E, T3MD, etc. Nothing is more disappointing than running your last T3MD key hoping for that elusive vectis stock only to get a forma that you can't even use because you already have a hundred of the damn things.

Only problem I have for weapon swaping is that swaping melee weapons to firearms and vise versa needs a separate button since sometimes it glitches out making me unable to switch back and forth unless I keep repeatedly press the default swap button.

But that isn't the topic here. I would have to agree on the guy above me on those topics.

Edited by -JHL-