July 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics!  

1,822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bombards don't need a complete rework. They need a couple of tweaks:

- The rockets' tracking capabilities are ridiculous, which, combined with AoE hitting through solid objects, makes it impossible to avoid them

- Corrupted rockets are too hard to see

- Bombards have a fairly high rate of fire and never reload

- Any unit that deals blast damage has a seemingly high chance to proc, which is guarantees you'll get knocked down considering how hard it is to avoid damage (this also applies to Helions)

Forma blueprint drops dropping all around where they should not are not okay even if you could sell them for ducats IMO.

I may be wrong but I think most people voted for that the Forma blueprints be sold for ducats. But voting that their dropping issue is okay just seems to be a mistake...

Bombards

It should be possible (if it is already, then a bit easier) to shoot down the rounds they fire. It's only a little smaller than the roller bombs, which can be shot. Also, explosions going through cover, including Warframe abilities like Volt's shield, is just very frustrating, so that could also be tweaked.

:I

Gotta love how a few people are posting that Bombard's are 'fine' or 'perfect'. I know it's your opinion but they simply aren't fine,

The tracking of their rockets is far too accurace, I've had one go in circles following me around, the rockets are too fast and the AoE is also too large. Even if you hide behind cover you get knocked back. That's another point, you always get knocked down. There's not even a chance if not getting knocked down. I'd even say the damage needs some attention too and their freakin' spawn rate. I think they need to be reworked into more of a crowd control enemy, rather than hard damage hitting ones.

Unrelated, but related as they cause Bombard's to be even more flawed - Ancients. Their damage reduction is too far too much. It needs to be reduced to a reasonable level. In fact, it should have a limit and only affect around 3-4 enemies - with visual indications -, not the whole bunch. It's not right that you're attacking an enemy, you're doing barely any damage, so you try to find the Ancient, kill him and then when you return to your original target... There's still 2-3 more Ancients with their OTT buff who were hiding in the background of masses of enemies or just arrived. Had a match yesterday where our group were dealing with a large group of enemies in one corridor as were getting pushed back. The buff of the ancients and their ridiculous number combined with Nullifier's made it stupidly harder than it should have been. Heck, shouldn't their aura's and other enemies aura's be disabled because their inside the Nullifier's barrier? Our powers and buffs are, why not theirs?

Edit: Oh and this..

Forma Drops
This is a volatile topic so please be constructive in the discussion. Many players have requested that Forma Blueprints get removed from late rotations in high-end void missions (specifically Tower 3 Defense rotation C), despite their drop frequency being recently reduced. There will always be drops that are less valuable than others, but the logic is that at least other prime parts can be sold for Ducats. Rather than focusing too much on the removal of Forma Blueprints, what other ways do you think Forma could be improved to make them more valuable? If Forma Blueprints could be sold for Ducats, would you still want them removed from rotations? How many ducats do you think a Forma Blueprint should sell for? What if Forma could be used for more things?...which leads into our next Hot Topic...

This comes across as a blatant attempt to fob off the problem and the complaints. Trying to justify keeping Forma in high tiered and late matches. Stop trying to find other 'solutions' or ways around it and just remove it already. Same for the 3x Orokin Cells and the lousy uncommon x3 packs (if anything they should always be rare and even x10 packs considering at what point you can get rewarded them at <_<). You've clearly seen the complaints - and no doubt the ones about Nyx Prime System's - it's insulting. It just shouldn't be a question. The problem is, people are initially going to be eating this up but it's skirting around the issue and in the end it'll still be the same annoyance even if they do reward ducats. The 'oh well more ducat trash' feeling will wear off relatively soon when they just continue to pop up. And this is coming from someone who actually voted 'Maybe', but primarily due to the 'depends on where it drops' part. To an extent, it'll create more problems with Baro being lackluster (even more than he already is) in what he brings every two weeks.

I'm not meaning to be hostile or uncivil here, I'd say this is slightly more of a heated response, as this is just what I felt when I read that paragraph.

Edited by Naith

Swap speed: Never really had a problem with this, But I wouldn't argue with a speed increase.

Bombards: Their damage is fine, what needs a nerf is their status chance, especially the corrupted variants.  Half the time they don't even need ground-pound with all the knockdowns their missiles cause.

Forma: The problem with Forma isn't the lack of uses, the problem is that Players go to the void for prime parts, not Forma, not rare resources, not different Void keys.  In my opinion all three of these should be removed from late-game Void Drop tables, and all but the Forma should be removed from the void all together.  The Forma should only drop from early rotations of T1 and T2 survival and defense, if even there, and as a second cache reward in Void sabotage.

Foundry: Forma-to-potato conversion seems pretty reasonable.  This doesn't affect me much, as I probably have more of each type of potato than I'll ever need, but I have friends who would greatly benefit from this.  I would also love to see a blueprint to convert stuff to Tellurium.

Edited by xXRampantXx

Increasing Secondary Swap Speed:

I agree entirely that switching from a Primary to a Secondary should be faster. This furthers the cause of your Secondary being that "oh crap" weapon when you run out of ammo or have need for it's specific build. I.e. When I'm slaying a group of Grineer with my Boltor and a Manic shows up, I want to switch to my Vaykor or Rakta immediately to dispose of that high-priority target quickly or in the Void on a T4D and I run out of ammo gunning down the hallway exodus of enemies and there are still more coming from every direction. Yeah, that'd be good.

Bombards:

Please do not nerf the "Bombard" unit. They are easily dispatched with radiation damage or a party of Corrosive projections. Their explosion however, yes, it needs to be blocked by shields such as: walls, Frost's Snow globe, and Volt's Electric shield. I agree that it would be nice if it had an audio cue similar to the Hellion missiles in Archwing. 

Formas:

I believe selling formas for ducats will be a useful function for all player levels. Realistically I can only see them being sold for 10 ducats, which is a shame as it would make it more of a last-resort or bottom of the barrel ducat source. It would be nice if they were 20 or more ducats as it would allow us to reserve more of our prime parts for trading. Having a higher value would also make people much more content with getting formas. I know obviously formas could never be 40-50 ducats (30 might be okay), because of what happened when Syndicate points were first buffed and T4 keys became common as dirt. 30 ducats would be favorable, 20 useful, and 10 somewhat disappointing but better than nothing none-the-less. 

Resource blue prints:

This is an excellent concept. The initial resource blueprints were a good start but poorly executed. The costs to create a single Neurode, Orokin cell, and Neural Sensor are ridiculous. Relative to the amount needed to produce useful quantities, the resource cost to create these rarer resources are too high. However, if Reactor and Catalysts cost the same as the currents costs for resource blueprints I would be perfectly content with that. Why? One is a useful quantity for for the purposes of Reactors and Catalysts. I would expect Reactors and Catalysts to have resource costs like the current BPs because they can still be produced in useful quantities.

Please no more resource bp.

I don´t want to have, even if it's 0.0001% chance, the posibility of getting a resource instead of something that I really want (looking at you ¬_¬ NM Raids).

Edited by Zaniux

Weapon Swap:

Definitely needs to be faster and near-instant (perhaps around half a second). Primary/secondary are supposed to be complementary - instead, because weapon swapping is too slow, players are just encouraged to use one all-purpose weapon and forget about the rest.

---------------

Grineer Heavies:

#1: Either get rid of the wall-ignoring area damage or nerf the AoE range. Taking cover isn't an option, yet the AoE is large enough that Unreal Tournament-style dodging isn't a viable option either.

#2: Higher level Grineer can spam blast procs. The obvious solution: Get rid of status effect scaling with level. Currently, damage and status chance scale with enemy level. Scaling damage is already bad enough, there's no need to give them even more damage on top of more damage.

-----------------

Forma Blueprints:

I can't remember the last time I found a Forma blueprint, yet I see constant complaints regarding too many formas in T3 and T4 missions.

Solution:

Rebalance the forma blueprints to lower level 1/2 and put more prime parts in upper tier Void missions. This makes sense progression-wise: lower level characters are weaker because they haven't polarized their gear - they are likely unable to handle the upper tier void missions, so give them more Forma. At the same time, higher level players with polarized gear wouldn't have to put up with piles of Forma.

---------------

Resource/consumable blueprints:

I would like to see more resource blueprints. However, Warframe does not need more consumables. I would even say that consumables are bad for the game, causing the game to be balanced around consumables (see also: bleed procs and Synoid Gammacor).

Consumables only empower bad players, allowing them to win through expending consumables, while making the game imbalanced against good players who haven't brought consumables.

BOMBARDS

At the very least, please tone down the tracking or reduce the fire rate. Maybe both. They're a bit too much. Unless you're modded for quick knockdown recovery, they can be a real pain, because  they just keep you on the floor while the rest of the grineer shoot you and there is nothing you can do about it.

The super-slow weapon switching speed is one of the things that have been bothering me since I started playing. Yes, it should be faster.

The fact that playing in a laggy session makes it even slower and unreliable doesn't help matters, and should also be looked at, if possible.

Weapon Swap Speed

This hot topic, from aerosoul1337, suggests that weapon swap speed gets a serious buff. Rather than having to wait while your Warframe switches weapons, you’d be able to quickly draw your secondary. 1) What do you think of the current weapon swap speed? 2) Has it ever been an issue for you? 3) Do you wish it were faster?

1) Weapon swap should be near instant at least faster than reload.

2) Always. It's quite simply not worth swapping.

I used to mod my primary for 'general use' (read: Corrosive/Fire) and my secondary for 'anti armor' (read: Rad/Viral).

But at this point, I have the mods to make the element a non-issue (under level 50ish), and the down-time of swapping weapons both breaks the flow of combat and leaves me vulnerable for longer than just reloading and shooting.

3) See 1). It should be near instant.

What is your opinion of the current weapon swap speed?

-> It should be much faster.

Bombards

The source thread for this topic gives a list of why Bombards are brutal enemies. If you think that Bombards are over the top, what do you think makes them so powerful? What would you change about them, if anything? Would you like to see more variant bombards?

2-3 per wave heavily armored chain-rocketlaunching gorillas whose rockets are hard to see, near impossible to reliably avoid, habitually gib Sentinels and have a ~12 meter explosion diameter with a (seemingly) high Blast proc-rate which can chain-down an entire squad of Tenno.

Nah, what's over the top about that?

Do you think Bombards need an update?

-> Yes, but only their rockets-and-explosions.

Forma Drops

This is a volatile topic so please be constructive in the discussion. Many players have requested that Forma Blueprints get removed from late rotations in high-end void missions (specifically Tower 3 Defense rotation C), despite their drop frequency being recently reduced. There will always be drops that are less valuable than others, but the logic is that at least other prime parts can be sold for Ducats. Rather than focusing too much on the removal of Forma Blueprints, 1) what other ways do you think Forma could be improved to make them more valuable? 2) If Forma Blueprints could be sold for Ducats, would you still want them removed from rotations? 3) How many ducats do you think a Forma Blueprint should sell for? 4) What if Forma could be used for more things?

1) * Formaed frames keep their abilities at max rank.

* 'Flex' slots (dual-polarity).

Can't think of anything else that isn't new mechanics or power creep.

(P.S. Forma are already power creep.)

2) Yes, if it meant I were likelier to get the thing I actually wanted.

Otherwise? Not really.

3) Depends on Baro item costs.

They could give 1000 ducats, and the next Baro items would just cost 50000 ducats.

Decide on what you intend them to be.

Should they really be more valuable than trash prime parts?

Can they afford to be less?

Like Prime parts, you only need a certain amount. Once you have that, they're effectively useless. And, unlike Primes, can't be traded.

I currently have 55 built Forma, 58 bps, 3k ducats and no gear that needs to be forma'ed any further.

There's nothing you could do with them, under the current paradigm, that'd make them useful to me.

4) As always, the devil is in the details.

It depends on what.

Making them the cost of a 'SuperForma' is 'using them for more things'.

Adding them as part of the Resource BP crafting costs falls under 'used for more things'.

Would you be happy with Forma Blueprint drops if they could be sold for Ducats?

-> Maybe - depends where they drop and how many Ducats.

Transmuting in the Foundry

This hot topic suggests that Forma should be convertible into Orokin Catalysts/Reactors. 1) Do you like the Forma conversion suggestion? 2) What other types of conversations do you think would be interesting/useful? 3) Are there any resources or items that you have in abundance that you wish you could convert? Post your ideas in this thread!

I want the Void Trader to do what DE (Steve) said he would do when they first introduced the idea:

Take Prime parts you don't need and let you do something useful with them.

Primed mods don't count (on account of power creep + cost-to-max).

More RNG-spawned mastery fodder reskinned toys weapons don't count. (If it's not BiS, it'll be maxed, maybe formaed, and then mostly go unused. If it is: Power creep, and qq from people who missed it.)

The only thing that he's offered that may fit that bill was the Shock dual-stat mods.

(Which I already had from the Mutalist Incursion survival, but was a nice offering for people who started after it, or simply were unlucky.)

1) It's an idea that may help newer players, as currently formas are ridiculously common.

(I had 0 BPs and ~30 built 2 weeks before Ash P landed.)

It may reduce De's plat removal from their sale.

It wouldn't help 'established' players. See above, re: Forma. I currently have 22 blue and 27 gold and nothing I want to put them in.

2) STREAK-BREAKER/PRIME PART CONVERSION.

3) You tell me.

Primes

gFkmVP9.jpg

Resources

Do6wqoo.jpg

Woops. Lost the last line of stuff. Oh well.

And I am decidedly not a void-centric player.

Would you like more blueprints to build resources/consumables in the foundry?

-> Maybe?

I liked the idea of rare resource BPs.

Then I saw the cost.

Never used them, never will.

Edited by Chroia

Always felt like the weapon swap delay was only ever meant to make speed holster useful.

Really, putting a delay on weapon swap speed is... just derpy.

Would have loved to have been in the meeting where someone pitched that to the other devs.

Weapon swap speed:

Currently I think the speed is fine we can always increase it with the mod speed holster. However I hear rumours (DE Reb) that DE has been talking about materializing weapon switch to remove weapon clipping. If so I think that the swap speed should definately be faster without requiring a mod.

Bombarders:

Bombarders in the void definately need a update. Currently it's like someone laughing at you while they spam a knock down move. Their fire rate and speed at which the rockets fly is far too great. The homing capabilities on the rocket are near perfect, why do none of our homing abilities have this? Besides from this there is the bug (I assume) where; when you are knocked down any additional rockets fired at you will float in the air above you. As soon as you stand they will explode.

Forma:

I would be happy if they sold for ducats however I would still say that formas drop too often in the later teirs. I'm looking for Ash prime parts in t3 at the moment and honestly on rotation c if it isn't a forma it's an Ember prime part. If we continue to get so many formas something should definately be done with them to involve them more. However I don't think making them sell for ducats is enough and adding them to more crafting requirments is probably not going to work either, mostly because they have a time wall.

Crafting resources:

It's a good concept but how it works at the moment just isn't good enough. It either costs a microtranscation or face rng in a raid just to get the blueprint for these things. Then when crafting; they cost too much, take too long, and only craft one. If we add forma to the mix the requirments and waiting time just shoot through the roof that's if the forma(s) have to be crafted. The reward of one reactor/catalyst would be to little compared to the crafting requirments.

-IMO:

Have these resource blueprints in a drop table say the eximus drop table however have them be consumable. Then when someone crafts the bp have it put out 5-10 depending on how much resources were put in. Except don't make as high of a requirment as it is now. I would like to think new players should be able to craft these without being too much of a strain.

If someone uses a microtrasaction have the bp be permanent, or have the bp be consumable but the requirments of crafting lower. So the player would still have to buy another bp. That sounds like p2w doesn't it? mmmm.... I suppose so long as the drop tables aren't lowered in favour of this transcation it could work.

Edited by Postal_pat

REDEPLOY-ABLE SENTINEL ITEM

Just like we have items to spawn specters, we need an item to redeploy our sentinel after death.

Edited by 7grims

Weapon swap speed:

I think it should become another warframe's stat. ie Some frame swap faster and some swap slower. However, in general I do agree they should be faster.

Bombards:

Yes, the homing effect of their rockets are just too strong.

Forma:

I think the whole random drops reward system should be reworked. Change it to skillful-play-based guranteed system.

eg. Kill 30 corrupted crewmen with headshot - guranteed xxx prime system

Complete a rescue mission with less than 3 kills : guranteed xxx mod.

etc etc

Transmutation:

Maybe. Don't really have an idea here.

REDEPLY-ABLE SENTINEL ITEM

Just like we have items to spawn specters, we need an item to redeploy our sentinel after death.

I have been asking for this since U-fricken-7, the amount of time its taken them to implement something like this is baffling at best and infuriating at worst.

Edited by Jaysus41

This hot topic suggests that Forma should be convertible into Orokin Catalysts/Reactors. This idea is interesting because Warframe has precedents for these kinds of conversions. Recently, blueprints to convert resources were added to the market, and extra Mods can be transmuted to create different Mods. Do you like the Forma conversion suggestion? What other types of conversations do you think would be interesting/useful? Are there any resources or items that you have in abundance that you wish you could convert? Post your ideas in this thread!

Source thread:

I would appreciate the ability to make more loadout slots. Those simple things not only make my life easier, but that make me feel less bad because right now I'm leaving frames and weapons in the closet.

Another trip around the Sun 
It’s been a year since we started doing these Community Hot Topics polls and discussions, so I want to begin this week with a bit of an explanation of what these threads mean and the work that goes into them. If you’re new to the Warframe forums, you might not know what these Community Hot Topic threads are all about. On Fridays when we don’t have a Devstream (or sometimes a holiday), we post several topics taken from the Warframe forums and discuss them with additional polls and questions. There is no specific criteria for these topics except that they must have the “hot” label to qualify. The fun and interest part of the Community Hot Topics is that they can be about subjects that have nothing to do with what is currently in development for Warframe - we can discuss any and all Warframe ideas. However, that also means that the opinions and poll results do not necessarily reflect how Warframe will develop. These Community Hot Topics are purely for the community (the development team included) to enjoy and explore. Having said that, over the past year, these threads have definitely helped some design and development decisions. So, post your ideas, have fun, and see what your fellow community members have to say this week!   

Weapon Swap Speed
This hot topic, from aerosoul1337, suggests that  weapon swap speed gets a serious buff. Rather than having to wait while your Warframe switches weapons, you’d be able to quickly draw your secondary. What do you think of the current weapon swap speed? Has it ever been an issue for you? Do you wish it were faster? Are there any other ideas or issues you can think of about weapon swapping? 

Source thread:

Bombards
The source thread for this topic gives a list of why Bombards are brutal enemies. If you think that Bombards are over the top, what do you think makes them so powerful? What would you change about them, if anything? Would you like to see more variant bombards? Post your thoughts in this thread and the source thread below. 

Source thread:

Forma Drops
This is a volatile topic so please be constructive in the discussion. Many players have requested that Forma Blueprints get removed from late rotations in high-end void missions (specifically Tower 3 Defense rotation C), despite their drop frequency being recently reduced. There will always be drops that are less valuable than others, but the logic is that at least other prime parts can be sold for Ducats. Rather than focusing too much on the removal of Forma Blueprints, what other ways do you think Forma could be improved to make them more valuable? If Forma Blueprints could be sold for Ducats, would you still want them removed from rotations? How many ducats do you think a Forma Blueprint should sell for? What if Forma could be used for more things?...which leads into our next Hot Topic...

Source thread:

This hot topic suggests that Forma should be convertible into Orokin Catalysts/Reactors. This idea is interesting because Warframe has precedents for these kinds of conversions. Recently, blueprints to convert resources were added to the market, and extra Mods can be transmuted to create different Mods. Do you like the Forma conversion suggestion? What other types of conversations do you think would be interesting/useful? Are there any resources or items that you have in abundance that you wish you could convert? Post your ideas in this thread!

Source thread:

I would love to see some form of consumable that used the Argon Crystals. 

Weapon swap speed?!

Bloody hell, finally some attention! In warframe it it abysmally long! It takes less time to TO ACTUALLY RELOAD a weapon than to swap it! It was brought up again and again for two years. Please DE, for the love of all that is fun, make switching to sidearm fast.

Bombards? Let's face it DE will not change them.

It saddens me greatly to see this hot topics, in which developers touch subjects that players care about and that's about it. No changes are made. "DE listens" but doesn't do anything about it.

Just make a button for quick secondary like quick melee and it'll be a life-saver and will also make sense.

Bombards are one of the few things in this game that force you to be a ninja and do evasive manoevers instead of just camping and power spamming. Bombars are also excellent challenge for marksmen because they are such a high priority target. If you nerf them, they will be like any other enemy.

At the same time, I think there should be more ways for us to evade such a devastating shot. It's not even clear how exactly to dodge them. Also they should fire ONE ROCKET AT A TIME so that they can be effectively evaded.

I really have to say Bombard weapons should act like the Napalm's weapon: A slow moving, avoidable, but highly deadly projectile, minus the fire trap.

I always was curious why Bombards have the crazy rapid fire rocket launchers. The tracking part of the rocket...well, I think it should stay, but needs to not pull these Starfox-style maneuvers. Seriously, these things find where we live! Lol. Also, mayeb Bombards should have self damage when they fire at point-blank range.

Enemies like this that have high damage AoE attacks do need telegraphs so that skill can triumph. This should also include sniper units. 

In the game Firefall, sniper enemies have a red laser, with an audible whine when the sniper is going to fire, and if/when it hit, it was devastating. I think sniper units need something like this when they set up their killshots. I think Warframe can benefit from something similar to this.

The AoE close range smash attack I think is okay, but I think the Napalms should have a fire wave that procs fire against us/enemies. 

Oh, and explosions shouldn't go through walls, but I and I'm pretty sure the rest of the playerbase is convinced that's a bug, and not intentional design.

Thank you ^_^

-Jin