Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Should Fusion Cores Be The Only Viable Fusion Source

Luther848

Anyone that has tried to Max a Rank 10 mod knows how annoying it is to have farm for cores or how little regular mods actually do in the fusion process. What's the point of all these unranked mods that we have by the hundreds when a Fusion core is the only thing that really matters.

I think that when a mod drops it should rank up based on enemy levels. 

So if you fight a level 30 enemy all fusion cores must be at least rank 4 and regular mods 2-3. 

I know the 100+ Ghost mods that you get from farming the void might actually be usefull if they were rank 5.

Rank 10 mods would only get at max 5 ranks.

Edit: Nekroed

Okay this post was made July 21 2015 so for all those talking about Sorties for credits they didn't exist til a literal month ago. I'm not sure that raids were a thing (even if they were I just didn't feel I was ready for raid content at the time). Also I stopped really asking for this after I found Triton so thanks any.

Edited by Luther848

that's how it is sadly. what i'd love is for Baro to actually sell packs of cores. maybe a pack of 2 or 3 cores and you are only allowed one per visit. all 3 prisma cores could fill a primed mod up to rank 6 or so and you would need about 7 to max a mod so people can stockpile them every visit but it's not abusable

They aren't. You can use mods with the same polarity basically as effectively as Fusion Cores or massive numbers of duplicates (I had nearly a thousand Tumpers and Vacuums until recently). I leveled several Primed Mods to 8/10 not using Fusions cores at all.

Edited by Ceryk

They aren't. You can use mods with the same polarity basically as effectively as Fusion Cores or massive numbers of duplicates (I had nearly a thousand Tumpers and Vacuums until recently). I leveled several Primed Mods to 8/10 not using Fusions cores at all.

I'm saving all my duplicate sentinel mods so when the day comes they turn all the ability mods to fusion cores, I will have a lot, like what they did with the warframe ability mods.

Considering they're not...

Running any form of mission nets enough duplicates to max any Rank 5 rare mod.

Those duplicates can also net you enough fusion energy to get Rank 10 mods high, and fill the rest with fusion cores.

Wow say good bye to your credits, because that's what would happen.

I'd say those junk mods are better off being sold. I can hit like 300,000 in one selling spree.

I'd say those junk mods are better off being sold. I can hit like 300,000 in one selling spree.

300,000 is like 6-12 void missions depending I you have boosters or not.

I fuse as many mods as I can with matching polarity junk mods, fusion cores only go into rank 10 mods when my junk mod supply is low. XD

The point was a rank 0 mod gives you the same energy of a rank 0 core, but the game doesn't drop rank 0 cores.  You need 3 rank 0 common mods to equal the R3 common cores you are picking up or 16 to equal a R5 rare core.

Given that imbalance it is so much more effective and efficient to farm Triton than to just play the game.  DE hates farming like that so giving them a suggestion on how to fix it seems reasonable to me.  Encourage the behaviour that you want rather than punish the behaviour that you don't.

Considering they're not...

Running any form of mission nets enough duplicates to max any Rank 5 rare mod.

Those duplicates can also net you enough fusion energy to get Rank 10 mods high, and fill the rest with fusion cores.

Absolutely counterfactual. It takes 1024 r0 copies of a mod to max it to rank 10 and that is if they are duplicates.

You could play void missions, the Raid give 100k for each completion, and if nothing more, there is Chroma and Sechura.

When we have people in this game who have over 100k credits stockpiled in this game, credits aren't a valid issue when you can literally be showered in them.

Anyone that has tried to Max a Rank 10 mod knows how annoying it is to have farm for cores or how little regular mods actually do in the fusion process. What's the point of all these unranked mods that we have by the hundreds when a Fusion core is the only thing that really matters.

I think that when a mod drops it should rank up based on enemy levels. 

So if you fight a level 30 enemy all fusion cores must be at least rank 4 and regular mods 2-3. 

I know the 100+ Ghost mods that you get from farming the void might actually be usefull if they were rank 5.

Rank 10 mods would only get at max 5 ranks.

Fusion cores are the primary and widely available source of levelling mods not the only way. Duplicates of the mod you're trying to level give entire levels like this, Rank 1 = 1 duplicate, Rank 2 = 2 duplicates, rank 3 = 4 duplicates and so on. Effectively duplicates are the easier way to level but duplicates of certain mods are also the hardest to get.

The other alternative is same polarity mods, which give a higher fusion value than mods of a different polarity.

You could also throw in trash mods like spare sentinel precepts, but that'll cost you a lot of credits. Maxing a rank 10 mod is part of the grind, don't expect it to come quickly.

You could play void missions, the Raid give 100k for each completion, and if nothing more, there is Chroma and Sechura.

When we have people in this game who have over 100k credits stockpiled in this game, credits aren't a valid issue when you can literally be showered in them.

-Those are the only real credit sources and i get tired of it 

-100,000 credits is nothing when there are so many credit sinks. Few examples: Void traitor, 1,000,000 credit trading tax, blueprints, foundry costs, daily forma, syndicates, oh, and of course fusion. 

I am barely getting by right now as is.

Fusing with rare cores is already pretty d@mn expensive

I don't have the cash to fuse less efficient duplicates.

• 5 months later...

LOL

100k,,,

I earn 100k in less than an hour.

Not even specifically cred farming.

Im sorry...

ROFL @ over 100k cred stockpile

I burn over 3-4mil in 2 days again, not specifically cred farming any thing(then again my game session is 8-12 hours straight).

Unlocking sectors, hitting every alert, hitting every invasion sector possible regardless if its a stupid injector reward and not creds.  You make friends and get some faster clears through content.  The speed at which you clear the mission is more important that killing every mob or popping every breakable/locker.

If people are amazed at 100kcreds(yes i know that feeling we get when we first stockpiled our first 100k,, nostalgia gone, stock pile a couple mil) keep playing the game, make some friends, run stuff together.  

Before you know it you'll have your first Serration almost maxed or ur %melee dmg/%pistol dmg/%shield/%health rite behind.  

Focus on getting your %shields + %life to at least R5-7 and then work on your damage mod.  

Being able to survive will get you further faster and then take your %primary dmg/%pistol dmg/%melee dmg to R5.  

Pick ONE after that and focus on getting that to R10.

DO not try splitting your fusions and fusion funds between primary, pistol, and melee.

You will only slow down your efficiency.  Its ok to rank the 2 others up 2-3 ranks but any resource you invest into the mods for a weapon that your not Primarily doing damage with is slowing down your efficiency as well as progression.

At that point you will have decent survivability from your %hp/%shields and now your damage will need to be increased.  

After you have your first %dmg weapon mod at R10 chose your %vit or %shield and finish maxing that.

DO NOT max elemental or damage types(pierce/slash/puncture) before you get your primary %dmg mod maxed.

If your base dmg is shat adding +%ele of shat base dmg is = shat total added dmg

If Im not mistaken all R0 +%ele dmg mods are 6 capacity.  Throw your +%weapon dmg mod that your still working on maxing and 1 or 2 R0 6capacity +%ele dmg mods till you get your +%weapon dmg mod maxed.

And for the love of any thing sacred.

DO NOT MAX +%FACTION DMG MODS,,, not capacity efficent at all.

Good luck Tenos

Edited by Nut-Shot

1024 duplicates to max out rare 10 mod vs 396 r5 cores and duplicates are "twice as effective" as matching polarity and fusion cores.

If you are already leveling up Primed mods then you should already be well-geared for Sorties and Raids which nets a lot of Credits in a short amount of time.

That rez though.

Edited by Yazeth

LOL

100k,,,

I earn 100k in less than an hour.

Not even specifically cred farming.

Im sorry...

ROFL @ over 100k cred stockpile

I burn over 3-4mil in 2 days again, not specifically cred farming any thing(then again my game session is 8-12 hours straight).

Unlocking sectors, hitting every alert, hitting every invasion sector possible regardless if its a stupid injector reward and not creds.  You make friends and get some faster clears through content.  The speed at which you clear the mission is more important that killing every mob or popping every breakable/locker.

If people are amazed at 100kcreds(yes i know that feeling we get when we first stockpiled our first 100k,, nostalgia gone, stock pile a couple mil) keep playing the game, make some friends, run stuff together.  

Before you know it you'll have your first Serration almost maxed or ur %melee dmg/%pistol dmg/%shield/%health rite behind.  

Focus on getting your %shields + %life to at least R5-7 and then work on your damage mod.  

Being able to survive will get you further faster and then take your %primary dmg/%pistol dmg/%melee dmg to R5.  

Pick ONE after that and focus on getting that to R10.

DO not try splitting your fusions and fusion funds between primary, pistol, and melee.

You will only slow down your efficiency.  Its ok to rank the 2 others up 2-3 ranks but any resource you invest into the mods for a weapon that your not Primarily doing damage with is slowing down your efficiency as well as progression.

At that point you will have decent survivability from your %hp/%shields and now your damage will need to be increased.  

After you have your first %dmg weapon mod at R10 chose your %vit or %shield and finish maxing that.

DO NOT max elemental or damage types(pierce/slash/puncture) before you get your primary %dmg mod maxed.

If your base dmg is shat adding +%ele of shat base dmg is = shat total added dmg

If Im not mistaken all R0 +%ele dmg mods are 6 capacity.  Throw your +%weapon dmg mod that your still working on maxing and 1 or 2 R0 6capacity +%ele dmg mods till you get your +%weapon dmg mod maxed.

And for the love of any thing sacred.

DO NOT MAX +%FACTION DMG MODS,,, not capacity efficent at all.

Good luck Tenos

Why did you post to a topic made July 2015

do sortie, credits are cheap, you can fuse using unwanted mods

Sorties did not exist when this post was made.

If you are already leveling up Primed mods then you should already be well-geared for Sorties and Raids which nets a lot of Credits in a short amount of time.

That rez though.

Sorties did not exist when this topic was made. I'm not sure about Raids but I believe I was not capable of doing it at the time of posting nor do I want to.