Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Find Coptering Hard To Execute ?

Zerdfer

Considering I have to hold shift and press V and E, sometimes while also holding W, yes.

Even my giant hands can't find a comfortable way to do that.

It's not hard as in difficult, but hard as in uncomfortable. And to pull of combinations of moves, you have to do a lot of uncomfortable things. I have no idea how bad it is on a controller. Any change to that is very welcome. Really, there's no reason to not improve it.

But I bet there's some child out there complaining about it being made 'easier' when it's just being made more comfortable.

Ever thougth of changing the control settings? 

I run with the default settings (w = forward, shift = run, ctrl = slide/kick, e = melee, space = jump), and I never had any problem ... Can play for hours without feeling uncomfortable.

It's a classic key combination almost every PC video game uses ... If you find it uncomfortable on warframe, it will be the same on all the video games that require a keyboard ...

In public, yes...

"Wow your game looks glitchy man"

While I can't completely relate, I know what you mean. Showing this game to anyone, and they see you "naturally" copter to get around, and they're all like, "What dafu* did they just do? This game looks off."

Heck, when showing coptering to my new clan mates, they were like, "Uhh, I guess that's just some thing I have to know eventually.."

It's not hard to do with some practice, and heck you could use a manual macro where you'd only press one button, but that's just one reason why it has to go.

I'm pretty sure that there's a significant portion of our community that hasn't even managed to copter yet (myself included). So yeah, it's likely rather difficult to pull off. Heck, even that slide jump was hard for me to do, and my wrists work just fine (though playing with a laptop touchpad likely has something to do with that).

Ever thougth of changing the control settings? 

I run with the default settings (w = forward, shift = run, ctrl = slide/kick, e = melee, space = jump), and I never had any problem ... Can play for hours without feeling uncomfortable.

It's a classic key combination almost every PC video game uses ... If you find it uncomfortable on warframe, it will be the same on all the video games that require a keyboard ...

That's literally the same as my layout except for crouch, and I don't know how in the hell anyone can find pressing ctrl comfortable. It has never ever been preferential for me, ever.

That being said, my crouch is on c, but slide attacks only work if I use crouch toggle bound to v.

Also also, chow many games do you know that require the same input combination to do a mobility move?

If the answer is none, that last line is practically irrelevant.

its super easy when you play on controller

I personally couldn't get used to coptering on the controller. Given I don't use the controller much with Warframe which would be the main reason, parkour 2.0 will eliminate the need to get used to anything, allowing me to switch between the two control schemes.

I'm pretty sure that there's a significant portion of our community that hasn't even managed to copter yet (myself included). So yeah, it's likely rather difficult to pull off. Heck, even that slide jump was hard for me to do, and my wrists work just fine (though playing with a laptop touchpad likely has something to do with that).

Why would you play a video game on touch pad ?

Maybe you are right, it's because there might be a lot of people not knowing how to copter (or at least how to do it properly) that so many people are glad it will be gone.

I personnaly find that's one of the must funny thing in the game.

Interesting to see everyone's feedback, I never thought people actually felt discomfort. I haven't had any problems or pain with coptering. 

Hoping update 17's new mechanics will be fun. n.n

Same for me. I'm a bit surprised by some of the replies because i never had such problems.

Ofcourse! We will ignore people have had issues with Coptering causing Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.

If you are hurting you need to take a break.

Even going to ignore the few people who couldn't do it in this very thread.

Im not ignoring anyone, i clearly said that if you couldn't do this you pretty much cant play games on pc.

Along with many people question the general rationality of it as coptering is basically air slide melee.

What does rationality have to do with anything in a sci-fi video game?

Or even Extra Credits who mentioned how complicated coptering was to perform.

LOL! They made a video on this?

Can you link it.

But i suppose they're all bad at video games

/s for heavy sarcasm.

I didnt say you were bad, i said you couldn't play video games on k-board.

Shifting reason for any change because of consoles/gamepads is just tinfoil hat territory.

Funny, because this is exactly what Steve said on the same stream the OP is talking about.

They just preface it with "hard to do" to excuse what's coming next.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

To be quite honest, i never got the hang of coptering. Found a video once explaining how to do it but at the end thought it was pretty meh ...

Looks stupid. I play the game to vent my frustrations looking and pretending to be a badass. If i wanted to look stupid, i'd just buy a macbook and install Windows in it.

Why would you play a video game on touch pad ?

Maybe you are right, it's because there might be a lot of people not knowing how to copter (or at least how to do it properly) that so many people are glad it will be gone.

I don't do it by choice. I don't have the money (or the disposition, honestly) to go and get a seperate mouse. And my laptop is the only thing I can play this game on right now. But playing on a touch pad isn't impossible, you get used to it after a while. :/

I guess your hands are just more flexible than most.

How do you still find it funny after the millionth time doing it is beyond me. Yes, it was a little funny when we first discovered it. But I got tired of the aftermath of glitches.

Considering I have to hold shift and press V and E, sometimes while also holding W, yes.

Even my giant hands can't find a comfortable way to do that.

It's not hard as in difficult, but hard as in uncomfortable. And to pull of combinations of moves, you have to do a lot of uncomfortable things. I have no idea how bad it is on a controller. Any change to that is very welcome. Really, there's no reason to not improve it.

Personally, I have sprint bound to my RB, Crouch to my LB and Quick Melee is B. Pretty simple and a lot more comfortable than trying it on a keyboard; thumb and index fingers, no contortions. Though I have modified my Controller Schema a bit from the Default, in Steam Big Picture mode.

End of the day, it just comes down to personal preference and ergonomics. Will be interested in seeing how things change up with the update, though currently that boils down to moving my Reload binding to make space for the Alt Fire button.

Coptering is very easy on PS4 controller. Jump, press R3 for slide (analog stick click) and r1 for quick melee.  It becomes second nature pretty quickly. They definitely did not remove coptering for console sake.

But R1's my shooting button.

What they are actually saying is, "This is being done for console\gamepad people."

If you couldn't perform parkour on a k-board you pretty much cannot play video games on a pc.

I don't think this is the case as you can copter on automatic without your hands getting tired

Maybe I mean L1? It could be L1. Its just so easy to do I don't even remember exactly what I push any more.

To be fair it wouldn't have mattered what you say anyways. You're on the PS4 so you get some free buttons simply because you can use the touchpad to cast powers. PC users that use a controller have to select their powers via D-pad (or manually set all 4 powers which is not ideal), and press a button for the power. That makes it more cramped for us.

Which is why I just go keyboard and mouse. But with this parkour update, it won't matter anymore which control scheme I use.