Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Find Coptering Hard To Execute ?

Zerdfer

I was reading the devstream overview and suddenly :

• " Our new Parkour design will let players do cool moves without needing to focus on complex (or tiring) button combinations."

Maybe it's because I'm playing warframe for a while so I'm used to the run jump kick melee combo in order to hit the wall across the room, and I do it without thinking, but I can't be the only one who do not find that so hard or complex ? 

Okay, it's a lot button, but it's not like warframe require a lot of "skill" anyway imo ... 

For exemple, I find it more difficult to properly execute all the melee combos than the coptering combo.

Considering I have to hold shift and press V and E, sometimes while also holding W, yes.

Even my giant hands can't find a comfortable way to do that.

It's not hard as in difficult, but hard as in uncomfortable. And to pull of combinations of moves, you have to do a lot of uncomfortable things. I have no idea how bad it is on a controller. Any change to that is very welcome. Really, there's no reason to not improve it.

But I bet there's some child out there complaining about it being made 'easier' when it's just being made more comfortable.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I dont find old parcour moves "difficult to perform".   But they were wrong. Especially coptering and air melee.

Everything was rather easy to do for me...I really dont get what DE were talking about.  They prolly never play WF if they find walrunning "hard" to do.

Now they just made it 3+ easy.  And while some stuff looks fun...I guess i will get bored really quik with new parcour. Coz its too easy to perform for skilled player.

Got used to the finger contortions well enough, I'd say, but I don't regret seeing it go.

The death sentence has already been rendered—I won't even have to lift a finger to 'execute' it. ... I'll show myself out. 'u'

I dont find old parcour moves "difficult to perform". But they were wrong. Especially coptering and air melee.

Everything was rather easy to do for me...I really dont get what DE were talking about. They prolly never play WF if they find walrunning "hard" to do.

Now they just made it 3+ easy. And while some stuff looks fun...I guess i will get bored really quik with new parcour. Coz its too easy to perform for skilled player.

Its not even out yet and you already guessed that you will get bored really quick. Give it a try before making any suggestion. Also you don't need to be "skilled" to perform the old parkour because it is easy. Edited by _Kurse_

Now they just made it 3+ easy.  And while some stuff looks fun...I guess i will get bored really quik with new parcour. Coz its too easy to perform for skilled player.

It might be case of easy to learn, hard to master, where only most proficient Tenno will reach truly gamebreaking speeds with new abilities.

I'm not hyped, but I'm looking forward to see what P2.0 brings to the table. If it's more consistent than current coptering, I'm all in.

Edited by Mofixil

Fingers got used to it, so I loved it. It was easy to execute as well. 

I'm not even gonna miss coptering alone that much, but what I will miss is the combination of coptering onto a wall and flinging off it. That really made the game flow for me.

RIP Coptering

I dont find old parcour moves "difficult to perform".   But they were wrong. Especially coptering and air melee.

Everything was rather easy to do for me...I really dont get what DE were talking about.  They prolly never play WF if they find walrunning "hard" to do.

I don't find it hard for me, therefore it's easy for everyone else.

You also said DE doesn't even play their own game, using wallrunning as an example which wasn't even mentioned as wall running is automatic.

Not even out yet yet you already assume it's too easy, Oh my Lotus.

Just hear yourself

Edited by Buzkyl

ahahaha, it s the easiest thing u can have, and for ur fingers, just use another keymapping...

Are you new here? Because you're giving off the sense that you're one of those new kids that want to keep the stupid, ridiculous, immersion-breaking bug of a mobility move.

• " Our new Parkour design will let players do cool moves without needing to focus on complex (or tiring) button combinations."

Maybe it's because I'm playing warframe for a while so I'm used to the run jump kick melee combo in order to hit the wall across the room, and I do it without thinking, but I can't be the only one who do not find that so hard or complex ? 

Okay, it's a lot button, but it's not like warframe require a lot of "skill" anyway imo ... 

For exemple, I find it more difficult to properly execute all the melee combos than the coptering combo.

What they are actually saying is, "This is being done for console\gamepad people."

If you couldn't perform parkour on a k-board you pretty much cannot play video games on a pc.

PLaying with arrows :3

KP_ins = jump

Rshift = run

Rctrl = crouch

Mouse 4 = melee

Everything was set up for glitch abusement ^^

Edit : forgot to say that the rctrl key of my old keyboard broke after 6 month of abusement

Edited by DitchDN

What they are actually saying is, "This is being done for console\gamepad people."

If you couldn't perform parkour on a k-board you pretty much cannot play video games on a pc.

Ofcourse! We will ignore people have had issues with Coptering causing Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Even going to ignore the few people who couldn't do it in this very thread. Along with many people question the general rationality of it as coptering is basically air slide melee. Or even Extra Credits who mentioned how complicated coptering was to perform. But i suppose they're all bad at video games

/s for heavy sarcasm.

Shifting reason for any change because of consoles/gamepads is just tinfoil hat territory.

Edited by Buzkyl

Melee combos are pretty messed up in terms of execution.. at least some of them.. no idea what DE was thinking when they made it that way.. Now, for coptering.. its not bad.. but after a while.. fingers start hurting :s