Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sounds Of Silencers

Coma_2112

You mean makes sense like how multi-shot mods don't add another barrel or increase the rate of ammo usage? Or magazine size mods don't change the graphical size of actual magazines?

Mag Size mods actually do add more grenades to penta but thats the only one ive noticed

I've been meaning to make a thread that touched on a subject like this. But what I'd like for suppressed weapons is not only an audio change (Steve mentioned in one of the recent streams that changing audio on a weapon with a mod is not supported in the game's code right now). 

Problem with silence mods is that they completely lose their purpose, stealthy gameplay, when the weapon you use stops being a One-hit-kill. What this mod needs to do is functionally put a very short "stun" on the enemy that even if you are using a weapon that isn't OHK, you can still kill the enemy without alertin everyone and their mother. Think each shot fired putting a very short, less then a second, "stun" on the enemy so they can't alert their friends. As long as you keep shooting at him till he dies, he can't alert those friends. 

Now if only the Heavy Impact mod would rather be something that replaces your melee ground-attack with a new "air stomp attack" Think Crysis 2/3, jump up, and punch the ground for AoE goodness. 

Supressor Mods used to reduce the sound of Weapons.

i wish it still did.

and a Shotgun version ofcourse.

Edit:

Problem with silence mods is that they completely lose their purpose, stealthy gameplay, when the weapon you use stops being a One-hit-kill. What this mod needs to do is functionally put a very short "stun" on the enemy that even if you are using a weapon that isn't OHK, you can still kill the enemy without alertin everyone and their mother.

i concur! Edited by taiiat

An already silenced weapon would have no effect ..

Everything else could have a more silenced effect by simply turning the sound volume value down ..

Some weapons ( the guns a true silencer sound would apply ) have the silencer effect sound ..

[ Within them guns they could even have a graphic silencer on the gun .. ]

I'd be happy with the sound !!

So lets do a thought experiment. How exactly would you suppress a rocket launcher or a bow or some of those infesterd organic weapons. I think that in the day and age of Warframe, they might have somewhat more advanced technology.

you put a tiny librarian in the gun so while the bullet/projectile is about to go "BANG!" the librarian goes "sush" and the projectile instead goes "ᵖᵉʷ." Example:

"BAA-"

"Shhhhh!"

"ᵖᵉʷ"

Problem with silence mods is that they completely lose their purpose, stealthy gameplay, when the weapon you use stops being a One-hit-kill. What this mod needs to do is functionally put a very short "stun" on the enemy that even if you are using a weapon that isn't OHK, you can still kill the enemy without alertin everyone and their mother. Think each shot fired putting a very short, less then a second, "stun" on the enemy so they can't alert their friends. As long as you keep shooting at him till he dies, he can't alert those friends. 

Now if only the Heavy Impact mod would rather be something that replaces your melee ground-attack with a new "air stomp attack" Think Crysis 2/3, jump up, and punch the ground for AoE goodness. 

Silence mods stunlock unalerted enemies? I love the sound of that a lot and changes for heavy Impact would be most welcome as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Bows actually do have silencers. As an archer and bow hunter, the easiest and cheapest way to muffle the string vibration is to tie a couple tufts of rabbit fur a few inches above and below the nock.   So yeah, you can silence a bow. Think Cernos even more muted.

I could see a couple orokin devices that attach to a bow string and convert the sound energy to another form of energy...heh maybe channeling the energy back into your warframe to be used on your powers.

...thwip thwip thwip.