Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.2

DE_Adam

so yeah...

- new weapon. cool

- new conclave stuff... meh

--> why only new mods for PvP? where are new mods for the core game? like the rest of the augments?

- bailiff no longer spawnable.....................WAIT. Why? he was so fun to unleash on other units. what was the reason for this?

- exalted blade expected nerf... good thing i already gave up on using skana since last week. just waiting on nikana prime to make it my excal's main weapon.

- cool that the visual on the simaris research menu were amped, now can we make him not creepy? i'd like to not have an urge to blow him up. please?

- ooh nice buff to thumper.

- oh.. i thought spectres were already better based on rank xD well good to know they are following logic then.

- Yay. hotfixes!

Thanks DE

Edited by Lone.Hunter.99

Tigris Changes:

The addition of alt-fire on the Tigris came as an unintended change during the split of alt-fire and aim.  As a result, the alternative fire button on the Tigris has been removed.  Players can now tap the attack button once for a both barrels, or hold down the fire button to delay firing the second barrel. Please note that this does not change the DPS of the Tigris!

why.....

it was so cool... you just had to inverse it (not reverse it T_T)  and make the single shoot with the fire buton and double barel with alternate....

just why? why remoove something awesome T_T

Fixed Blast procs not functioning properly.  Also fixes Vexing Retaliation not functioning properly.

thx a lot

Edited by Tsoe

The Elytron`s Thumper will now combine with previous Thumpers if it detonates within its radius.  This will refresh the duration on the previous Thumper and allow damage to stack up to 4 times.

Seeing as how it usually took 8 or 9 of these to start killing things, the only effective damaging ability in Archwing is no longer effective at damaging.

All the more reason to use Itzal !

So, just to straighten things up with Exalted Blade:

Syndicate Mods, Weapon Exclusive mods and Covert Lethality -> will NOT work

Things like Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Fury, Berserker, Life Strike, Jagged Edge (and similar), Molten Strike (and similar), True Steel, Organ Shatter, Chanelling mods (?) -> WILL work.

Check? (  )

From what I see whilst using it, yes that is correct. The problem with this is, they've completely removed any reason to use weaker melee weapons. I mean, why use something that's going to do maybe 200 damage per hit over something that can do 1k+? There's now not a reason to use things like the Skana as there was before due to it's unique mod actually being of benefit into the build. They wanted to remove people using a couple of select weapons but have literally just move people over to the normal weapon they would use? I think it was just a reason to nerf EB to be honest. I can't see any logical reason to what they did because, as stated before, it's merely moved people back to the top tier weapons, once again.

DE's nerf on the Exalted Blade not working with Syndicate Mods etc anymore really disappoints me. The reason many other players started to use Dual Cleavers, Skana, and other lower tier weapons is because of the effect it's able to bring to Exalted Blade.

Now that you guys have taken that away, there's really no reason to use them anymore, everyone is going to return back to using Scindo Prime, Galatine, Dual Ichors etc and never touch the lower tier weapons anymore, heck I think after this nerf, many players are going to let their Dual Cleavers, Skana etc collect dust from now on.

Removing Covert Lethality's effects on Exalted Blade was understandable but nerfing the Syndicate Mods was totally unnecessary. Don't touch what isn't broken. The whole nerf was an honest turn off and as you can tell, many other players especially those who finally returned to using Excalibur is disgusted.

DE's nerf on the Exalted Blade not working with Syndicate Mods etc anymore really disappoints me. The reason many other players started to use Dual Cleavers, Skana, and other lower tier weapons is because of the effect it's able to bring to Exalted Blade.

Now that you guys have taken that away, there's really no reason to use them anymore, everyone is going to return back to using Scindo Prime, Galatine, Dual Ichors etc and never touch the lower tier weapons anymore, heck I think after this nerf, many players are going to let their Dual Cleavers, Skana etc collect dust from now on.

Removing Covert Lethality's effects on Exalted Blade was understandable but nerfing the Syndicate Mods was totally unnecessary. Don't touch what isn't broken. The whole nerf was an honest turn off and as you can tell, many other players especially those who finally returned to using Excalibur is disgusted.

Exactly what I've already stated. It seems they just wanted to nerf EB. I can see no logical reason to remove those mods effects seeing as now people are literally going back to the top tier weapons, as per usual. To be honest, Excal was pretty much the only frame where I would use some of the weaker weapons and now there's no point so I guess I'll just sell them.

And once again the feedback of the community (this time on exalted blade and dagger mod) is completely ignored.

The image that greeted me after update 17 comes to mind, "we love our community". I think you guys misspelled that, it's supposed to go "we don't care about our community".

Other than that, another uninteresting update. Unwanted nerfs, pvp changes in a pve game take up half the changelog, overpriced weapon for a mode nobody wants to play. I would laugh it this wasn't so sad...

Is the Chesa fix included that Sheldon said on 8/13/15 was coming in the next hotfix/patch/update (now several updates ago) and it simply was not noted?  If not, when is DE finally going to respond to the following thread which now has over 10,350 views since just 8/1/15?

https://forums.warfr...hype-destroyed/

I was wondering the same exact thing. The Chesa is in dire need of a fix.

Steve told me the reason they removed coptering was because it was "too difficult".

BULLS#&$. They just want to make people buy exilus slots for 20p each to slap in rush and their new bullet jump mods. I use at least 2x the keystrokes to go 1/4th the speed with the new system, and Steve said Bullet Jump now with "50% less carpal tunnel".

yep, filthy dirty money grab, thats it